Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Proofs in the pudding... Kicks more goals than anyone else

Well actually no he doesn't. He averages less goals than Franklin over the past 3 years, he simply won the Coleman last year because Buddy missed 5 weeks and Pavlich only played half the season in a different position. Plus there is more to player than just goals. But hey he plays for Richmond so of course you are going to have an over inflated opinion of him, that's fine

Don't cry kid, keep your chin up.
Why?
Simple point made - I'd rather Jack Riewoldt at $800k than Jared Brennan at $700k - I suspect most clubs would.

Not to butt in to your conversation but how old do you think Mumford is? He only just turned 27 and his injury issues are so overblown that they've become fact.

He'll be a top flight ruckman for another 5 years at least. If the Lions aren't planning on being in contention for a flag over the next 5 years then they shouldn't bother.

He will be 28 next season and I doubt he would have 5 top class years left, conservatively I would say 2 or 3. The major thing that limits is value to us is that he would be not beat 22 IMO as he is behind Leuenberger. We are aiming for finals apparently according to vossy next year.

You dont have richmond above 18th in your mind, you've hated them so long that you forget your opinion on them is that biased it isn't funny.

?????

No idea what you are talking about champ. No problem with Richmond, they are a good team, I just don't think Reiwoldt is in the top 5 KPP's, nothing personal

Agree with jade here jack is worth more than fyfe. How many quality key forwards are there? Now compare that to mids. If you took fyfe out of freo and put jack in they would be a better team. If you did the reverse with Richmond they'd be worse. Quality kpp> quality mid all day every day unless its ablett.

Name them an don't troll
Franklin, Kennedy, Cloke & N.Roo definitely in front of him and I would probably have Roughead in front of him at the moment as well.

Well actually no he doesn't. He averages less goals than Franklin over the past 3 years, he simply won the Coleman last year because Buddy missed 5 weeks and Pavlich only played half the season in a different position. Plus there is more to player than just goals. But hey he plays for Richmond so of course you are going to have an over inflated opinion of him, that's fine

this comes up way too often for it to be a case of 'sickening anti richmond bias' as someone put it in another thread.

Fact is he doesn't do as much up the ground as those he's competing with, Roughead plays everywhere (more stay at home recently with no buddy), and Kennedy often gets up to the wings and beyond AND is kicking as many goals, there's no contest for me.

Fyfe is the better player, but key forwards aren't exactly a dime a dozen, even if they flip people off and have a tendancy to chuck the toys out of the cot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reiwoldt would be worth much more to Freo than Fyfe. A top of the line full forward is exactly what Freo need, and GWS would definitely take him for free.

But Freo would not trade a Perth lad. More likely a Victorian.

Any lesser known Victorians out of contract for Freo?

Also, just out of curiosity, what about the Eagles' Victorians in general?

Any lesser known Victorians out of contract for Freo?

Also, just out of curiosity, what about the Eagles' Victorians in general?

Not sure about Freo.

Brown signed today, and Smith gets mentioned a bit in trade talk. So not much of note. Everyone of value is all signed up. But you never know if someone outs their hand up at the end of the year.

Not sure about Freo.

Brown signed today, and Smith gets mentioned a bit in trade talk. So not much of note. Everyone of value is all signed up. But you never know if someone outs their hand up at the end of the year.

Ash Smith has always interested me for some reason. Him, or someone like him could add some real dash to our midfield, something which Colyer is doing at present.

Is he a monty to leave like Stevens?

Ash Smith has always interested me for some reason. Him, or someone like him could add some real dash to our midfield, something which Colyer is doing at present.

Is he a monty to leave like Stevens?

No, just a rumour I think. He's very lazy/laconic, but very fast. I hope he stays but for the sake of a guess maybe worth around 35-50.

If Jaksch/Adams want to come home, would a trade for one of them plus pick ten for pick four be fair?

OK, I was bored at work today so I had a go at some trades.
100% hypothetical & of course there will be some inequalities, particularly pro Freo (my team)
so here goes

Adelaide lose McKernan to Brisbane, but gain Polec. Lose Vince to Sydney for Vince.

Brisbane gain McKernan, but lose Polec to Adelaide. Gain Goldsack from Collingwood for their 2nd round pick.

Carlton gain Watts from Melbourne and Melbourne's 3rd round pick, but lose their first round pick to Melbourne. Lose Warnock to St Kilda for Saints 3rd round pick. Lose Yarran to Hawthorn for Hawks 2nd round pick. Delist Laidler. Gain Markovic from PSD.

Collingwood gain Sylvia the free agent, but lose D Thomas the free agent. lose Goldsack to Brisbane, but gain Brisbane's 2nd round pick.

Essendon lose Colyer to West Coast for WC 2nd round pick. Lose Gumbleton to Richmond, but gain A Smith from WC & WC 3rd round pick (3 way trade). lose Hille the free agent

Fremantle lose first round draft pick & C Pearce for J Riewoldt. lose Sutcliffe to Port, but gain M Shaw from Port. Lose Silvagni, but gain St Kilda 4th round pick, which is ontraded to Port Adelaide in the Shaw/Sutcliffe trade.

Geelong lose M Brown to Western Bulldogs, but gain E Wood from the Dogs.

Gold Coast lose Gorringe to Port Power, gain Power 2nd round draft pick. Gain Laidler from PSD.

GWS lose T Adams to Richmond for Richmond 2nd round draft pick and B Griffiths & C Pearce who was ontraded via Richmond. Gain McEvoy plus St Kilda first round draft pick. Lose first round draft pick to St Kilda. Gain Franklin the free agent.

Hawthorn lose Franklin the free agent. Gain Yarran from Carlton, but lose 2nd round draft pick.

Melbourne lose Watts and 3rd round draft pick to Carlton, but gain Carlton first round draft pick. Gain D Hille as free agent.

North Melbourne lose L Anthony to west coast, but gain Rosa from WC. gain Cooney the free agent.

Port Adelaide lose M Shaw to Freo, but gain C Sutcliffe plus St Kilda 4th round pick ontraded from Freo. Gain Gorringe from GC, but lose 2nd round draft pick to GC.

Richmond lose J Riewoldt to Freo, Ben Griffiths and 2nd round draft pick to GWS, gain Freo 1st round draft pick & T Adams from GWS. Gain Gumbleton from Essendon, but lose Conca to wc (3 way trade). Lose McGuane the free agent.

St Kilda lose McEvoy and first round draft pick for GWS first round draft pick. Gain D Thomas the free agent. Gain R Warnock from Carlton for 3rd round draft pick. gain Silvagni from Freo for 4th round draft pick.

Sydney lose Grundy to Adelaide and gain Vince from Adelaide. delist J White

West Coast gain Colyer from Essendon, but lose 2nd round draft pick. Gain Conca from Richmond, but lose A Smith to Essendon & 3rd round draft pick. Gain L Anthony from North, but lose Rosa to North.

Western Bulldogs gain M Brown from Geelong, but lose E Wood to Cats. Gain J White from PSD. Gain McGuane the free agent. Delist Markovic.

I'm sure I will get howled down by a few people, but I had 50 minutes of down time & I had everything else done, so I just went for it.
Apologies for any serious undervaluation, but I tried to look for what I perceived to be needs in the most part.
I'll probably get zero correct.
Hope you enjoy the read & take it with a grain of salt. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back