Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Gilbert's kicking was very good this year before he did his knee. He had the odd clanger but his kicking inside 50 was one of our best and he played as a tall wingman. I actually questioning if you've seen Gilbert at all this year as most of what you have said has been incorrect.
No his team is up near the top for the first time in ages now he thinks the list is amazing lol

That said he will stay, Gilbert will get delisted so I am not sure why he is even being discussed unless you are talking pick 75+ just to get him to another club and clear the list space (similar to the Cale Morton deal last season)
Gilbert to be delisted? You've got to be kidding.

He signed a new 3 year contract last year and was getting back closer to his best before he injured his knee earlier this season, despite being thrown all over the place (half back, full back (did a great job there v Sydney in Wellington), wing, in the guts) and his kicking, which hit an all-time low in the first half of last season (when he apparently had a pretty crook back) has been far better since mid way through last year.

He still does the odd shocker, but he is also capable of bullet passes that only get about 4 feet off the ground and hit their targets at a rapid rate of knots (he has a very high-risk/high reward type of kicking style, it's usually either very good, or very poor, there isn't much of a middle ground).

BTW, he came 3rd in our B&F in 2010 (the year we drew the GF) at just 23/24yo, when from memory he might have been the youngest we had playing for us in the GF. He was also of course the one that was looking like he might have been able to get us back into the game in the GF replay, with Malthouse having to put a hard tag on him to quieten him down, after he also kicked a crucial goal late in the game in the drawn GF the week before.

We sure as shit won't be delisting him and we'd definitely get more than a pick like 75 for him, given he is still only 26yo, can play so many roles and has so much finals and GF experience.

What you said was a completely unfounded fabrication of the truth. Just pointing it out.

why so mental all of a sudden?

show me what i said that was a complete fabrication of the truth , because you didnt actually point it out.

someone suggested port off load mason shaw for a 4th round pick and cam sutcliffe.

why the hell would port off load a promising young key forward for a nothing pick and a player who is hardly setting the world on fire.

tell , me. do you think that is even remotely sensible suggestion? yes or no? why you have to make that stupid claim above is beyond me.

why so mental all of a sudden?

show me what i said that was a complete fabrication of the truth , because you didnt actually point it out.

someone suggested port off load mason shaw for a 4th round pick and cam sutcliffe.

why the hell would port off load a promising young key forward for a nothing pick and a player who is hardly setting the world on fire. Tell , me. do you think that is even remotely sensible suggestion? yes or no? why you have to make that stupid claim above is beyond me.

You said that Mason Shaw is kicking bags of goals in the SANFL and I pointed out that he has only cracked the SANFL league team five times for five goals. And he reserves form hasn't been thst great.

Then you also try to knock a player who has played ten games or so this year in a top 6 team. Get a grip mate.

I never said anything about the potential trade. All i said is that you are wrong on Shaw's SANFL form and stupid of your condemnation of Sutcliffe who is a very talented player.

You're the one being the stupid fool mate. You said that Mason Shaw is kicking bags of goals in the SANFL and I pointed out that he has only cracked the SANFL league team five times for five goals. And he reserves form hasn't been thst great.

Then you also try to knock a player who has played ten games or so this year in a top 6 team. Get a grip mate.

I never said anything about the potential trade. All i said is that you are wrong on Shaw's SANFL form and stupid of your condemnation of Sutcliffe who is a very talented player.

and im telling you your dead wrong.

every week we post and chat about our players form in the sanfl. mason has kicked 5 goals the last 2 weeks so your far wrong on your 5 goals in 5 games comment. and his form in sanfl reserves has been excellent. where are you getting this information from?your making an idiot of yourself.

and way to get upset over my comment on sutcliffe, it was in reference to port trading a promising young key forward for him.

in that context, saying sutcliffe is a nobody is pretty reasonable and not something you should be getting upset over.

i couldnt tell you how many he has kicked off the top of my head but im sure the stats he is saying are wrong.

anyway, the point is the guy is making assertions that mason is a hack based on stats he is reading off some web site and telling me im an idiot because i called sutcliffe a nobody which is only in relation to why the hell would we part with a young key forward for him.

Port Adelaide lose M Shaw to Freo, but gain C Sutcliffe plus St Kilda 4th round pick ontraded from Freo

Why the hell would we trade Mason Shaw after one year on our list, in which he's already cemented his spot at SANFL level as an 18 year old key forward?

and im telling you your dead wrong.

every week we post and chat about our players form in the sanfl. mason has kicked 5 goals the last 2 weeks so your far wrong on your 5 goals in 5 games comment. and his form in sanfl reserves has been excellent. where are you getting this information from?your making an idiot of yourself.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/reserves/

^^^^^^^^^ This is where I got the stats from. Have a look through and then get back to me. It doesn't say anything about any 5 goal hauls so I would be interested to see where they have come from.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-05-21/sanfl-report-round-7

Notice his 2 goals in this game was for the reserves.

and way to get upset over my comment on sutcliffe, it was in reference to port trading a promising young key forward for him.

in that context, saying sutcliffe is a nobody is pretty reasonable and not something you should be getting upset over.

And maybe a player who has played 0 AFL games and 5 SANFL games is considered more 'nobody' than someone who has played 15 AFL games, 11 of which are this year in a top 6 team. Get your head checked mate. I took offence to you calling a good player of ours a nobody and then I found that the stats on the SANFL website didn't seem to match up with this superstar Mason Shaw that you have.

http://www.sanfl.com.au/league/reserves/

^^^^^^^^^ This is where I got the stats from. Have a look through and then get back to me. It doesn't say anything about any 5 goal hauls so I would be interested to see where they have come from.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-05-21/sanfl-report-round-7

Notice his 2 goals in this game was for the reserves.

And maybe a player who has played 0 AFL games and 5 SANFL games is considered more 'nobody' than someone who has played 15 AFL games, 11 of which are this year in a top 6 team. Get your head checked mate. I took offence to you calling a good player of ours a nobody and then I found that the stats on the SANFL website didn't seem to match up with this superstar Mason Shaw that you have.
May I ask why you want him then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Sutcliffe is so great and Shaw is such a nobody, then you feel free to keep Sutcliffe and we'll keep Shaw :thumbsu:

I never said I did. Although we're desperate for a key forward. Mainly I'm saying i that is worth nowhere near as much as that bloke thinks he is.

His worth is irrelevant. There's zero chance he'll be traded. There's no point even discussing it.

If Sutcliffe is so great and Shaw is such a nobody, then you feel free to keep Sutcliffe and we'll keep Shaw :thumbsu:

His worth is irrelevant. There's zero chance he'll be traded. There's no point even discussing it.

I'll be sure to tell both our club's list managers. Seriously, most of the time what supporters think or feel is meaningless. Shaw might be traded to us for Alex Forster for all we know.

Is there any interest in Liam Anthony?

Averages 30-35 touches a week in the VFL. Has flaws around efficiency by foot but could excel on the expanses of Subiaco Oval and is a WA lad.

Would not be surprised if he moves on this year as Scott has favoured Gibson and Bastinac over him.

What's up with Forster, will he be on your list next year?

He's hard to judge atm. Not the best numbers at WAFL but then he has never been a big numbers player. He's the type of player who would suit our game plan but he needs to earn the right first.

I'm sure that he will be given another year. He's only 20 this year.

whats mumford's value? Put into consideration that he'll be going from top 4 Sydney to lowly St Kilda

SAINTS RECEIVE: Pick 10
GWS RECEIVE: Sam Fisher, Pick 21

Word is that GWS were ultra keen on Fisher heading into last year's trade and draft period so I wouldn't be too surprised if they made a play for him again. A fit Fisher would fit in well at GWS I reckon, especially with the experience he brings into the line-up.

if gws want fisher and if fisher is open to that idea then why do gws need to part with pick #10 to get it done?

surely their 2nd rounder at pick 20-22 is more than enough. if i was them i dont think i would even use that pick on a player past his best who at absolute best has 25 good games left in him. but i doubt even that

Is there any interest in Liam Anthony?

Averages 30-35 touches a week in the VFL. Has flaws around efficiency by foot but could excel on the expanses of Subiaco Oval and is a WA lad.

Would not be surprised if he moves on this year as Scott has favoured Gibson and Bastinac over him.

30-35 touches at less than 50%?

Whenever I've seen this guy, he's blindly roosted the ball 50m upfield, onto to hit no target and the ball then to go over his head.

I think there's a reason he isn't getting a gig at North. Reminds me of what Bernie Vince has become.

30-35 touches at less than 50%?

Whenever I've seen this guy, he's blindly roosted the ball 50m upfield, onto to hit no target and the ball then to go over his head.

I think there's a reason he isn't getting a gig at North. Reminds me of what Bernie Vince has become.

Can't disagree with you.

I'd actually like to see him play as a half forward flank, can kick a goal from 50m and would potentially minimise that issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back