Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I was bored at work today so I had a go at some trades.
100% hypothetical & of course there will be some inequalities, particularly pro Freo (my team)
so here goes

Adelaide lose McKernan to Brisbane, but gain Polec. Lose Vince to Sydney for Vince.

Brisbane gain McKernan, but lose Polec to Adelaide. Gain Goldsack from Collingwood for their 2nd round pick.

Carlton gain Watts from Melbourne and Melbourne's 3rd round pick, but lose their first round pick to Melbourne. Lose Warnock to St Kilda for Saints 3rd round pick. Lose Yarran to Hawthorn for Hawks 2nd round pick. Delist Laidler. Gain Markovic from PSD.

Collingwood gain Sylvia the free agent, but lose D Thomas the free agent. lose Goldsack to Brisbane, but gain Brisbane's 2nd round pick.

Essendon lose Colyer to West Coast for WC 2nd round pick. Lose Gumbleton to Richmond, but gain A Smith from WC & WC 3rd round pick (3 way trade). lose Hille the free agent

Fremantle lose first round draft pick & C Pearce for J Riewoldt. lose Sutcliffe to Port, but gain M Shaw from Port. Lose Silvagni, but gain St Kilda 4th round pick, which is ontraded to Port Power in the Shaw/Sutcliffe trade.

Geelong lose M Brown to Western Bulldogs, but gain E Wood from the Dogs.

Gold Coast lose Gorringe to Port Power, gain Power 2nd round draft pick. Gain Laidler from PSD.

GWS lose T Adams to Richmond for Richmond 2nd round draft pick and B Griffiths & C Pearce who was ontraded via Richmond. Gain McEvoy plus St Kilda first round draft pick. Lose first round draft pick to St Kilda. Gain Franklin the free agent.

Hawthorn lose Franklin the free agent. Gain Yarran from Carlton, but lose 2nd round draft pick.

Melbourne lose Watts and 3rd round draft pick to Carlton, but gain Carlton first round draft pick. Gain D Hille as free agent.

North Melbourne lose L Anthony to west coast, but gain Rosa from WC. gain Cooney the free agent.

Port Adelaide lose M Shaw to Freo, but gain C Sutcliffe plus St Kilda 4th round pick ontraded from Freo. Gain Gorringe from GC, but lose 2nd round draft pick to GC.

Richmond lose J Riewoldt to Freo, Ben Griffiths and 2nd round draft pick to GWS, gain Freo 1st round draft pick & T Adams from GWS. Gain Gumbleton from Essendon, but lose Conca to wc (3 way trade). Lose McGuane the free agent.

St Kilda lose McEvoy and first round draft pick for GWS first round draft pick. Gain D Thomas the free agent. Gain R Warnock from Carlton for 3rd round draft pick. gain Silvagni from Freo for 4th round draft pick.

Sydney lose Grundy to Adelaide and gain Vince from Adelaide. delist J White

West Coast gain Colyer from Essendon, but lose 2nd round draft pick. Gain Conca from Richmond, but lose A Smith to Essendon & 3rd round draft pick. Gain L Anthony from North, but lose Rosa to North.

Western Bulldogs gain M Brown from Geelong, but lose E Wood to Cats. Gain J White from PSD. Gain McGuane the free agent. Delist Markovic.

I'm sure I will get howled down by a few people, but I had 50 minutes of down time & I had everything else done, so I just went for it.
Apologies for any serious undervaluation, but I tried to look for what I perceived to be needs in the most part.
I'll probably get zero correct.
Hope you enjoy the read & take it with a grain of salt. :thumbsu:
Grundy for Vince when we are short on KPDs. Hopefully you don't get bored at work again

oh please let us trade our 19 year old key forward who kicks 3-4 goals every week in the sanfl for a fourth round pick and who the frak is sutcliffe?

A quick glimpse of SANFL stats online shows that he has only cracked the league team five times this year for five goals. He has played reserves footy all the year.

A quick glimpse of SANFL stats online shows that he has only cracked the league team five times this year for five goals. He has played reserves footy all the year.

oh snap. you mean the key forward we drafted last year has only played 5 games in sanfl:eek:

im shocked. also , your stats are wrong. since he kicked 3 goals last game and 2 or 3 before he has more than 5. i think he has only played 3 or 4 at sanfl level as well. has kicked bags every week in the reserves. had to dislodge souths new high paid recruit chf to come into the side as well.

point being no one gives up a key forward excelling expectations so early for a nothing pick and nobody player.

Garrick Ibbotson in exchange for Hawthorn third Round draft pick. We need a lock down small defender type and Ibbotson would suit our back six perfectly.

It'd take a lot more than your third rounder he is one if the most underrated players in the comp but I'm sure Ross knows his value.

oh please let us trade our 19 year old key forward who kicks 3-4 goals every week in the sanfl for a fourth round pick and who the frak is sutcliffe?

Sutcliffe is a hard running mid who looks the goods & I would be loathe to lose him, but I appreciate that quality requires quality. The reason I have targeted Shaw from you blokes is that you seem to have a plethora of good, tall forwards & could do with some outside run to compliment your strong, inside mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sutcliffe is a hard running mid who looks the goods & I would be loathe to lose him, but I appreciate that quality requires quality. The reason I have targeted Shaw from you blokes is that you seem to have a plethora of good, tall forwards & could do with some outside run to compliment your strong, inside mids.
Port has a plethora of good tall forwards? Schulz, Westoff. Butcher is getting better but I'd be keeping Shaw

Great effort in the post willoblue but I don't think that St Kilda will make those trades. Silvagni isn't the guy we need and we won't trade Macca + 3 for 1, you would probably need to chuck in pick ten to be fair.

The reason I went for the first round upgrade is to snare Boyd. Without that pick, you could miss out on him. I reckon you could get Warnock cheaply from Carlton to offset the loss of McEvoy, despite McEvoy being the better player, I don't think that he is quite the world beater that Boyd could become.
Silvagni could help your backline which appears undermanned IMO. Yes, he isn't tall for a KPD, but given a good run at it, I think he could be quite serviceable. Sure, I do have my own biases, so maybe I am asking too much for him.
Out of all of the trades I proposed, I think probably Richmond & maybe Sydney are the most hard done by, but in trading there is rarely an even trade.
I think the Swans can cover the loss of a KPD better than most.
With the Tigers they could be "bent over" by Riewoldt, but the "mail" is that he will re-sign, consigning my fluff piece of pie in the sky to the ether where it belongs.
It was just a bit of fun on my behalf.

Sydney lose Grundy to Adelaide and gain Vince from Adelaide. delist J White

Why would we give up Grundy, and what would we want Vince for? This trade doesn't really make a lot of sense to me. I can't see any need for Vince at all at the Swans.

And we will keep Jesse, unless he gets an offer from someone else, which he probably will based on current form.

Garrick Ibbotson in exchange for Hawthorn third Round draft pick. We need a lock down small defender type and Ibbotson would suit our back six perfectly.
Why would Fremantle trade a lock in their back six for a third round pick? It make zero sense.

Our club had some money to burn and needed experience. Different scenarios.
Not that dissimilar - we are desperate for a KPP and have a heap of cap space.

I expect Riewoldt to sign with the Tigers but to suggest $800k is his open-market value isn't ridiculous.

Would anyone be interested in a Gilbert/Fisher type? Would probably involve a pick upgrade.

Gilbert no, but Fisher would get something even if it is just a 2nd rounder/3rd rounder. That said that is on the proviso he is injury free.

Fisher comes with a hefty price tag signed up after his best and fairest

Yes but unfortunately he hasn't lived up to that. They won't get a first rounder for him, now will they get a 2nd, probably someone would bite at that level. That said he will stay, Gilbert will get delisted so I am not sure why he is even being discussed unless you are talking pick 75+ just to get him to another club and clear the list space (similar to the Cale Morton deal last season)

Yes but unfortunately he hasn't lived up to that. They won't get a first rounder for him, now will they get a 2nd, probably someone would bite at that level. That said he will stay, Gilbert will get delisted so I am not sure why he is even being discussed unless you are talking pick 75+ just to get him to another club and clear the list space (similar to the Cale Morton deal last season)
No I mean his contract was around 550k if your willing to pay him that then go ahead but his foot is fooked

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back