Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Being an eagles supporter as long as I can remember some ones post count doesn't not represent there knowledge of footy. the point of a forum is for debate. Everyone has there opinion and this is mine.
Duncan does not really greatly improve our list.

Whilst he is promising, we need an elite clearance player not a marking HFF. Scooter is a much better player when fit and in form, despite the fact I like Duncan (and wanted us to draft him).

So, not only is it a trade where we get a little ripped off, it is also a trade where we lose a player in the area we need.

We need the leg speed so Smith would be a no go. Your after a forward target I'd say. Anything else? Running defender? Dureya?

Any quick young inside midfielders available? The Hawks need some youth in the center with Mitchell, Hodge, Burgoyne, Sewell all nearing the twilight of their careers. Would love an inside midfielder with pace.

What's happening with Callum Bartlett of the Lions. Would he be looking at coming back to Victoria at the end of the season? Someone like Dion Prestia from the Suns would be a perfect fit, but he re-signed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok what's more important a ruckman or a wingman :rolleyes:

Mumford is injury prone and he is what he is, a good aggressive body to body ruckman, but Pyke has gone past him so it's no great loss to Sydney, as it will probably make you a better side playing Tippett or White as a pinch hitter.

Smith has pace, which is exactly what you guys need to stay dominant, you've been great as usual with your contested work, but haven't looked as sharp in the absence of Jetta, pretty much unable to use your 'slingshot' tactics. Smith adds an element to your arsenal, where Mumford simply upgrades Bailey.

Mumford is injury prone and he is what he is, a good aggressive body to body ruckman, but Pyke has gone past him so it's no great loss to Sydney, as it will probably make you a better side playing Tippett or White as a pinch hitter.

Smith has pace, which is exactly what you guys need to stay dominant, you've been great as usual with your contested work, but haven't looked as sharp in the absence of Jetta, pretty much unable to use your 'slingshot' tactics. Smith adds an element to your arsenal, where Mumford simply upgrades Bailey.
You don't watch enough of Sydney if you think Pyke has gone past Mumford plus Pyke is 30. Why we hand our arch rivals our first Ruck for a hairdresser and pick 40

You don't watch enough of Sydney if you think Pyke has gone past Mumford plus Pyke is 30. Why we hand our arch rivals our first Ruck for a hairdresser and pick 40

Pyke is a genuine forward threat now, kicking 20 goals to Mumford's 5, which is really what you want from your rucks. Pyke has evolved beyond him and is still improving, age has nothing to do with it if he isn't slowing down.

Not saying you should get ripped off, but giving Smith is an awful lot for a ruckman who hasn't met his potential, when they could go get a for half the price Currie and expect similar output.

Pyke is a genuine forward threat now, kicking 20 goals to Mumford's 5, which is really what you want from your rucks. Pyke has evolved beyond him and is still improving, age has nothing to do with it if he isn't slowing down.

Not saying you should get ripped off, but giving Smith is an awful lot for a ruckman who hasn't met his potential, when they could go get a for half the price Currie and expect similar output.
Smith would be worth about pick 20 that's where I see Mumford. I'd prefer him to go to GWS for pick 20 if he was going anywhere.
You can't rate a ruckman on how many goals he kicks

Duncan does not really greatly improve our list.

Whilst he is promising, we need an elite clearance player not a marking HFF. Scooter is a much better player when fit and in form, despite the fact I like Duncan (and wanted us to draft him).

So, not only is it a trade where we get a little ripped off, it is also a trade where we lose a player in the area we need.

I'd prefer Duncan over Scott Selwood any day.

Lenny Hayes, Simon Black, Daniel Kerr, Darren Glass, Adam Selwood, Dean Cox, Kane Cornes are all on the wanted list for GWS like they did with Cornes, Power, McDonald etc in first year.

If they could add Franklin and a couple of the above without giving up anything they would be in a good position to attract the premium talent with pick 1 as prospective recruits would feel they could improve rapidly.

Surely they'd be looking at players who aren't so close to the end of their careers. surely theyd be looking for the likes of franklin, daisy or a selwood type player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back