Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering port accepted pick 45? for corned and brogan would wce accept pick 20 for the pair of glass and cox?

Late career Cornes and Brogan aren't fit to tie the shue-laces of the other two. And no, we wouldn't.

I presume Carlton will be looking to offload at least one of Hampson/Warnock. Does anybody know of any clubs that are interested in either?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would require the #1 pick. I am not joking either. You don't trade your captain and vice captain unless the offer is too good to refuse.
I don't think I'd give up Cotchin and Deledio for Pick 1, a player who might be a gun. I'd doubt many clubs would trade them for pick 1, it'd take a better offer.

Grimly is wasting away in the 2s

There is tonnes of upside with him so I'd say a couple of pick upgrades as well... Even if it is only 2 spots... Or one ;)

Yarran is under contract until the end of next year so if the Eagles are interested they will need to offer something decent.

Yeah i know and the Blues would be rightly asking for a first round draft pick if it was to be done this year...but WCE have more pressing needs and think that first round pick will be best used in the draft a Mid. Next year though he is out of contract we could possibly use a later pick.

Pyke is a genuine forward threat now, kicking 20 goals to Mumford's 5, which is really what you want from your rucks. Pyke has evolved beyond him and is still improving, age has nothing to do with it if he isn't slowing down.

Not saying you should get ripped off, but giving Smith is an awful lot for a ruckman who hasn't met his potential, when they could go get a for half the price Currie and expect similar output.

You should probably pack it up if you think Currie would offer "similar output" to Mumford. Also try telling North they have a player similar to Mumford who they're not playing.

We don't need speed. We need another KPD and if we lost Mummy we'd need another ruck to work with Pyke who might only have 3-4 years left. We got Tippett to play as the big forward we desperately needed, not to rob peter and help out in the ruck.

Big, quality 26 yr old ruckmen don't just grow on trees. We won't be handing him over to our number one threat for an outside runner.

Mark Allen on SEN says that Carlton have offered Jack Watts $300,000 compared to Melbourne's $400,000 ... yet Watts is still considering making the move to Carlton.
I'd move if I was him take a pay cut and play for a team that wins games He'l become a better player. Carlton would have 4 no 1 picks on their list right?

Mark Allen on SEN says that Carlton have offered Jack Watts $300,000 compared to Melbourne's $400,000 ... yet Watts is still considering making the move to Carlton.

I'd pay 300k a year for him, would be a good get at that price. What do you think it would take to get him from the Demons trade wise?

I'd pay 300k a year for him, would be a good get at that price. What do you think it would take to get him from the Demons trade wise?

Given he was #1 Draft Pick and despite what some may think - not a total spud (he's shown glimpses as to what he is capable of on the big stage and what he could be in the right development environment), I think we'd have to deal with our first round pick (somewhere around Pick #9/#10) because Melbourne would want to save some sort of face and not want to display to their fans that yet another #1 Draft pick is walking out on the club.

Pick #10 for Watts + Pick #21 maybe? ... we could be getting reamed though - and some will argue that we are overpaying ... but frankly, I don't think Melbourne would settle for anything less.

Given he was #1 Draft Pick and despite what some may think - not a total spud (he's shown glimpses as to what he is capable of on the big stage and what he could be in the right development environment), I think we'd have to deal with our first round pick (somewhere around Pick #9/#10) because Melbourne would want to save some sort of face and not want to display to their fans that yet another #1 Draft pick is walking out on the club.

Pick #10 for Watts + Pick #21 maybe? ... we could be getting reamed though - and some will argue that we are overpaying ... but frankly, I don't think Melbourne would settle for anything less.
I tend to agree with this statement. Being a former #1 pick, I don't think the Demons would be willing to part for what would be "market value" based on his performance, but wouldn't want my club giving up a top 15 pick for him either.

Not being rude but do you think there is anyway you can actually land Bellchambers?

The fact you had to preface that question suggests you are, but in answer to your question, the only way we'd land Bellchambers is by following Sydney's lead and convincing him to enter the PSD with a masdively inflated contract that no one else is willing/capable of matching...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread 2013: Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back