Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyson and Viv straight into the guts. Excellent trade. Much better than the Buntine/Bugg fiasco. Am hoping/assuming that Roos knows the compensation will be good enough to snag Vince.

Tough as nails with the extra silk, and a clearance machine. Dees fan too I believe. Viney, Tyson and Michie were all Oakleigh Chargers. Getting the old crew back together.

Jack Viney says hi :rainbow:

Haha.. Yeah thought long and hard about Viney.. I think he and Jones will be a great unit together as will Trengove, but for me i don't throw A-grader around easily, they must be covered in class, like your Yze types.

Jack Viney will be a star that is for sure.

Really hope we can get our Sylvia compo to net Vince, would be a great trade period.

Vince would be a great replacement for Sylvia and will add instant impact to our midfield.

Have a strong feeling that with trading pick 9, our recruiters do not rate Aish and Kelly as highly as everyone else. Pick 9 may be the same guy that we would have used pick 2 on.

Haha.. Yeah thought long and hard about Viney.. I think he and Jones will be a great unit together as will Trengove, but for me i don't throw A-grader around easily, they must be covered in class, like your Yze types.

Jack Viney will be a star that is for sure.

Oh how i miss Yze. To me Viney has that Joel Selwood competitiveness that puts him a cut above most players. Still think he'll be the best of our mids but that's just me.

Oh how i miss Yze. To me Viney has that Joel Selwood competitiveness that puts him a cut above most players. Still think he'll be the best of our mids but that's just me.
It's not just you. :thumbsu:

I don't like putting pressure on young players but with Viney I'm not bothered. He can handle pretty much anything it seems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Selwood is a good comparison and should be who Viney models his game on. Selwood to me, was never a great kick when first in the system, but has become elite in this category through hard work.

Most would disagree with me, but i think that Toumpas will be our best mid. He has incredible vision and like these other 2 boys we have recruited (Michie & Tyson) have just not had a season with his body right. His skills by hand and foot are sublime and have not been seen yet at AFL level.

The thing that i am most excited about is we finally seem to have a balance between grunt and class. Viney and Jones will be scary together next year, plus now we have some genuine high end talent to complement. Guys like Tyson who can win the ball and work their way through traffic are rare and worth the risk IMO.

Really hoping we get better then #38 for Colin Sylvia, I'd be disappointed if we ****ed up getting Vince by giving #20 to GWS instead of trying to work #36 into it.

You just gave away a potential superstar mids in Aish or Kelly...
sorry guys but Tyson is not in the same league as those two...
Paul Roos looking for the quick fix as opposed to rebuilding the right way...
Hope it works out for you.
The dees simply cant afford to spend more seasons devolping youngsters. They've traded pick 2 for a former pick 3 with a couple of years development under his belt, and still pulled pick 9 out of it.

Well played Melbourne I'd say.

The dees simply cant afford to spend more seasons devolping youngsters. They've traded pick 2 for a former pick 3 with a couple of years development under his belt, and still pulled pick 9 out of it.

Well played Melbourne I'd say.

EXACTLY!

How can people not get this??????

Fact is (and we've bought a lot of it upon ourselves as a club I'll admit) we are now damned if we do damned if we don't in the eyes of so many

Wowzers, this is great, watched the state carnival Tyson played in and was utterly impressed, thought he was the best player of that year, exquisite ball user, finds room in traffic, left foot, ummm kinda reminds me of someone in Black and White, Baby Matrix anyone? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back