Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get Crossy in and I'm stoked. Pretty happy thus far with our trade period - Roos is a man on a mission it seems. Mahoney has done well too it seems.

******* rapt with the trade period so far. One more week for Roos to weave some more magic.

I think the only other move really is Cross. Take 9 to the draft, doubt we will get much for 30-whatever and 53 so hold those too.

Well, Mahoney did say we'd be active at the trade table! Wouldn't imagine we'd be into too much more would we? With picking up Vince, Michie and Tyson are we going to bother with Cross?
Hope so. It's still only Jones and Vince (and I guess you can count Trengove) that have hardened bodies and experience. He would come free. Can never have enough midfield depth.

Think you guys have made out well. Think Vince for Sylvia is an upgrade (really wish we upgraded our 4th or 3rd for yours as well) but it's all done now.

Vince will bring a lot to your club, on and off the field. Just don't let him get another 100 games, his kids are ours(if we can ever find all the illegitimate ones).

Off Season =
aw24oVn.jpg

Good luck to Bernie at Melbourne, I always felt he was a bit over criticised here. His workrate this year was visibly improved from previous years (averaged a career high in tackles), and he is an absolute elite disposer of the ball. I really hope he can play some good football for you blokes.

Hope so. It's still only Jones and Vince (and I guess you can count Trengove) that have hardened bodies and experience. He would come free. Can never have enough midfield depth.

I agree but if there's only three spots left on the list which becomes two if we pick him up would they consider that enough for the national and pre season drafts?

I like the additions that have been made to the side so far, but I'm going to try and keep my expectations in check. We should naturally be less shit with a better coach and an improved midfield, but it doesn't mean much until they actually produce results.

No way! Premiership, here we come!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think we go for Cross now we've got Vince, we can't forget that we're still a developing team.

Cross coming in will probably result in a Toumpas, Michie, #9 or Tyson missing out - we need these blokes to experience AFL footy.

I agree but if there's only three spots left on the list which becomes two if we pick him up would they consider that enough for the national and pre season drafts?
They might ship Tapscott Blease or any player with minimal currency out for peanuts next week.

Mahoney and Roos seem to have quite a direct and matter-of-fact way with their dealings so far so I guess we'll leave it with them and wait and see.

Don't think we go for Cross now we've got Vince, we can't forget that we're still a developing team.

Cross coming in will probably result in a Toumpas, Michie, #9 or Tyson missing out - we need these blokes to experience AFL footy.
I would hazard a guess that there's room for all of them next year (haven't sat down and done a best 22 yet) and let's not lose sight that injuries hit every club so depth is crucial.

Same reason why I shook my head at people thinking we should trade Fitzy. When Hogan, Dawes and Clark are all fit, he won't get a game. But there are going to be many games where Fitzy will be required because injuries WILL happen!!

They might ship Tapscott Blease or any player with minimal currency out for peanuts next week.

Mahoney and Roos seem to have quite a direct and matter-of-fact way with their dealings so far so I guess we'll leave it with them and wait and see.

If we could package a fringe player + pick 40 for a pick in the 20-30 range i'd be stoked.

Out Sylvia, in Vince.

That's an upgrade.

Yeah, not bad when you look at it like that. I'd have preferred someone younger and/or better, but if you'd asked me who I'd prefer in the team out of Sylvia and Vince, I'd go with Vince. Guess we'll see how he goes come round 1.

Guys it's just basic mathematics
View attachment 33426

Hawks fans etc complaining can go **** themselves. The reason your compensation pick is relatively shit is because your team won a flag. Have some more cake on top of your cake.

Need them to earn their spot as well, though. Still room for Cross - Jetta, Nicholson, Bail are still taking up space on the list.

Because:
a) It's his call as much as anything
b) Maybe we don't want him (might be only good for a year?)
c) He's FA, so can wait till then, or even go in the PSD. He's not a trade, so doesn't need to be signed during trade period.
melbourne has said we were waiting on other picks, was def our choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back