Mega Thread 2013 TRADE PERIOD discussion thread - Aidan Riley (Crows) added as a DFA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Paul Roos said his biggest loss at sydney was 73 points (against us) and he doesn't want to lose by more than that at melbourne, maybe he's deluded and a bit silly too?
Are you for real? Of course he will talk like that.

As we know all too well, the talk doesn't mean shit - don't care even if it is Roos doing the talking.

a packet of chips for gys erts... Wtf.

Which was a lot more than what he was worth.

As for Neeld doing all the damage. 186. His greatest failing was not being able to move us on from where we already were.

As for last year. Hogan, Viney, Toumpas, Kent, Clisby, Barry waiting in the wings ... what's not to like?

Not all drafts/trades work out, and if you think there was some kind of magic bullet available last year that would have miraculously turned us around, but who we missed out on ... you're kidding yourself.

Get over it.

Also - with regards to Douglas - maybe you should have listened. Had a very good year this year.

You're absolutely right, I should have signed a blank cheque and sent the unconditional surrender over before we missed out on the bargain of the century. Because I have that authority, even if I gave a toss about getting a slightly above average plonker like Douglas in.

Most of us want to.

Do us a favour and petition the Crows not to trade him to the Dees, then.

Just a quick question (more out of interest than actually thinking he could be involved in a trade) what do you guys think is worth more Tompas or Pick 2?
A lot of the posters on the Melbourne board take vicious pleasure in kicking Toumpas while he's down, but I really rate him. Played really well when he did have good games this year and seems like a leader off the field (very well spoken and hard working). Talented too, no doubt about that. Didn't have a great year by any means but considering he had two hip operations last year and had to debut in one of the worst sides of all time and play in a team that had no idea what it was doing, I refuse to believe this season was reflective of his potential.

Would probably rather lose pick 2 than the Toump, I think he'll be a much better player in the future as a result of what he's experienced this year. Will back him for a good year next year - probably not to a Wingard extent, but hopefully Roos can get the most out of him.

The further we go, the more it feels like this - but a deal for pick 2 was always likely to get done towards the very end of trade period. I still think a surprise could pop up..

Yeah, probably the longer I have to think about it the more I want to keep it would've been more accurate!

Do us a favour and petition the Crows not to trade him to the Dees, then.

A lot of the posters on the Melbourne board take vicious pleasure in kicking Toumpas while he's down, but I really rate him. Played really well when he did have good games this year and seems like a leader off the field (very well spoken and hard working). Talented too, no doubt about that. Didn't have a great year by any means but considering he had two hip operations last year and had to debut in one of the worst sides of all time and play in a team that had no idea what it was doing, I refuse to believe this season was reflective of his potential.

Would probably rather lose pick 2 than the Toump, I think he'll be a much better player in the future as a result of what he's experienced this year. Will back him for a good year next year - probably not to a Wingard extent, but hopefully Roos can get the most out of him.

Thanks for that always interesting to see how others rate picks V players in general. I tend to think that picks are overrated by most, and thought this may be the case here. Given the choice (in the insane possibility) between pick 2 and Toumpas I would take Toumpas as well. Bird in the hand and all that. Hope he does come on as much as expected.

Thanks for that always interesting to see how others rate picks V players in general. I tend to think that picks are overrated by most, and thought this may be the case here. Given the choice (in the insane possibility) between pick 2 and Toumpas I would take Toumpas as well. Bird in the hand and all that. Hope he does come on as much as expected.

Yep, exactly. Has fit in really well and is good mates with Viney and Hogan. He's already a Demon and a talented one at that. No way I'd give him up over someone of similar talent who isn't already red and blue. Can see him being a captaincy contender for us one day, along with Viney.

Which was a lot more than what he was worth.

... and a lot more than the combined worth of rodan, gillies, pederson, and that other dick. But yes you are right Gysberts for chips might be more than he is worth but i still thought we still could have wrangled a better trade for him.

As for last year. Hogan, Viney, Toumpas, Kent, Clisby, Barry waiting in the wings ... what's not to like?

Neeld had nothing to do with getting Viney, that was always going to happen. Hogan hasn't played a game, and as good as he is, we made that decision looking at the long term when our moral and supporters were being beaten over the head on a weekly basis.The rest are fine.

Not all drafts/trades work out, and if you think there was some kind of magic bullet available last year that would have miraculously turned us around, but who we missed out on ... you're kidding yourself.

Neeld's list management was totally shit. And it extended beyond his drafts and trades, which was my point. We need a huge influx of talent and that's partly because of the abomination of a club he managed to turn us into.

You're absolutely right, I should have signed a blank cheque and sent the unconditional surrender over before we missed out on the bargain of the century. Because I have that authority, even if I gave a toss about getting a slightly above average plonker like Douglas in.

Settle Cannon.

You were complaining that people were talking about how good Douglas was. I was suggesting they were correct (considering this season he made the All Australian Squad). I hardly think that Douglas can be classified as a slightly abover average plonker.

Reading through this thread - nobody has been silly suggesting what Vince is worth. The general consensus is a pick in the 20's. Perhaps you need to take a step back until the trade period is over.

I don't get why you guys don't just get Vince as a Free Agent next year

He's 28 yo this year

At the start of this trade period - everything indicated that Vince wanted to stay as a Crow. He was contracted. He's an SA boy, family/best mates all here.

But something happened during this trade period, maybe having his name put forth in trade discussions, made him turn a 180 and say 'fine I want to be traded now'

But the reality is that if you really wanted Vince you could stay in Vince's ear for the 2014 season, get him as FA next year for free AND keep your high draft picks this year

He's 28 yo this year

At the start of this trade period - everything indicated that Vince wanted to stay as a Crow. He was contracted. He's an SA boy, family/best mates all here.

But something happened during this trade period, maybe having his name put forth in trade discussions, made him turn a 180 and say 'fine I want to be traded now'

But the reality is that if you really wanted Vince you could stay in Vince's ear for the 2014 season, get him as FA next year for free AND keep your high draft picks this year

Would hope this is what happens!

He's 28 yo this year

I'd be willing to trade him for our sylvia compo this year just to immediately improve our midfield but if we need to give anything more than that I'd just wait.

He's 28 yo this year

one less year to improve our team, we clearly arent gonna get any decent players till we improve

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Settle Cannon.

You were complaining that people were talking about how good Douglas was. I was suggesting they were correct (considering this season he made the All Australian Squad). I hardly think that Douglas can be classified as a slightly abover average plonker.

Reading through this thread - nobody has been silly suggesting what Vince is worth. The general consensus is a pick in the 20's. Perhaps you need to take a step back until the trade period is over.

There has been an invasion of Adelaide fans peddling their players about like door to door bible bashing preachers. It's repetitive and dull. Keep your old players.

Opposition fans, we appreciate you constructive input but please remember this is our board Dees posters will always be given more latitude.

Are you for real? Of course he will talk like that.

As we know all too well, the talk doesn't mean shit - don't care even if it is Roos doing the talking.
Melbourne 1997, 4 wins 18 losses 60.81%, new coach 1998 14 wins 8 losses 102.71%

Essendon 2010, 7-15 80.35%, new coach 2011, 11-1-10 100.00%

Fremantle 2011, 9-13 83.11%, new coach 2012, 14-8 115.67%

Port Adelaide 2012, 5-1-16 78.87%, new coach 2013, 12-10 102.45

A new coach can make a difference, not saying we are going to be in finals contention but I at least think we can stop being beaten by 100 points week in week out and get our % from 52 to above 80 with our current list.

If the players haven't been too traumatised the last two years there's no reason why we can't reach the heights of Baileyball next season.

If the players haven't been too traumatised the last two years there's no reason why we can't reach the heights of Baileyball next season.

We were a finals chance under Bailey, especially in 2010 where we lost quite a few games against top 8 sides by under two goals. If we repeat that kind of form, I'll be stoked.

In 9-seasons and 202 games of coaching, Roos' biggest losing margin in any game was just 72 points (ironically, against US!).

Without double checking the stats I'd say our AVERAGE losing margin was around that in 2013.

Apples and oranges, I know, but I'm confident Roos will be able to introduce a game-plan and style of play that will eradicate those regular 70, 80, 90, 100+ thrashings we've seen far, far too much of in recent years.

Mark Neeld managed to halve our wins in his 2 years 8 to 4 to 2 :( Hopefully that trend will go the other way 4 wins should be the minimum. (I am aware that Neeld only had 1 win this year and we man not or would not of beaten the doggies under him but it looks better for the numbrrs lol )

would the lions and us ever go for a trade of the dees pick 2 for the lions pick 8 and jack redden?

We'd take that in a heartbeat but the Lions would be getting ripped off big time. Redden is a gun, just about worth pick 2 on his own.

There has been an invasion of Adelaide fans peddling their players about like door to door bible bashing preachers. It's repetitive and dull. Keep your old players.
go to their board... im concerned, they believe they can get our pick 2 for vince and lyons, then on trade it to brisbane for polec, pick 7 and pick 24... wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back