List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did a pretty similar thing to JJ playing footy. Spiral fracture of my fibula but didn't require a plate. 7 weeks in a cast (which I could walk on, didn't have moon boots available) but it took about 3 months from the injury before I was walking comfortably and began to jog. It took ages before I could run on it because the flexion (don't know if that is the right word i.e. being able to point my toe) wasn't there which also stuffs up your kicking.

That being said I played round 1 the next year after breaking it around July the year before. Im sure that JJ will get a much better rehab than I did so should be good to go. His kicking and running will be the most effected because of getting the movement back in the ankle. I was skying my kicks for about the first 2 months of the season.

JJ might start kicking straight!

So List Management wise
Confirmed In: Betts
Confirmed Out: Johncock

Possible Ins: Edwards, Podisadly, Laird (r/u), Hartigan (r/u)
Possible Outs: Vince, Joyce, Callinan, Tambling

Given we have to have 3 picks in the draft (Laird and Hartigan take 2 of those), we will only go to the draft with 1 live pick (whatever we get for Bernie) is there any other potential delistings I've missed ?
Is Lyons still a chance to be packaged with Bernie to Melbourne ?

More at play possibly ??

Would rather JPod then Mitch Harvey.

There you go.

Jpod fills our need for a KPF in 2014.

Tex and Jenkins play those roles for the next decade. When Harvey wouldnt really have a role with those two fully fit.

Would rather use a pick in the Harvey range for a player that would immediately impact us like a Battersby Dunstan or Dumont

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the BF uproar if we didnt take Crouch though.
The Adelaide Board certainly seem obsessed with him. I doubt the AFC suffer the same affliction. They would look at what he has to offer relative to the other potential draftees. Being "brother of" might get him over the line if it's a tough decision between two equally rated players, but it's not likely to sway them if he's not judged best available at our pick.

Pretty sure the player/s that Brisy inquired about didn't want to go and that's why Polec has now nominated Poort. Poort will be able to satisfy Brisbane with a better pick than Crows.
Just having a listen to the interview again. Noble clearly says "We knew Jared barracked for Port as a kid, but we knew Brissy wanted players, and let me say we didn't put any players on the table, but the players were interested in going to Brissy"

The Adelaide Board certainly seem obsessed with him. I doubt the AFC suffer the same affliction. They would look at what he has to offer relative to the other potential draftees. Being "brother of" might get him over the line if it's a tough decision between two equally rated players, but it's not likely to sway them if he's not judged best available at our pick.

If only matt was half the player his brother is...

oh no he didnt.

Luke Dunstan is another around the 20 mark apparently, SA u18 captain another inside mid, but he can go forward and good overhead, just reading from phantom drafts

So it seems Vince for Melb's Pick 20 is likely, GWS are keen on Melb's Pick 2, and Adel are keen on Edwards from GWS.

If Vince goes to Melb for Pick 20 we should be getting Edwards thrown in too via a three way deal.

Trade & F/A Period
Out: Vince
In: Betts (F/A), Edwards, pick 20.

Probably not too bad a result.

Perhaps we could throw in one of Mackay/Lyons/Hendo to get Pick 9 and Edwards instead.

Pick 9.....Nathan Freeman anyone? Apparently is Dangerfield v2.0 and can do it all. Inside, outside, line breaker, strong mark.

Im sorry but as nice as it would be to pick Matt Crouch we really dont need him. This board spends half the time arguing over players like Lyons, Kerridge etc getting a game as it is. Crouch and the likes are not what we need. Players like Battersby, Taylor, Freeman, Hartung, Lennon and Impey are exactly what we need.

Up until half time in the GF the kid was easily the best afield. I'm a big fan of his and would love to see him come to the AFC - realistically, don't see it happening thou :(

Dumont has been likened to Dane Swan.
Massive wrap for a kid.

Yeah I taught him in Year 9/10. Just a quality kid. Hardworking and very determined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back