List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Jake Stringer worth going after?

its a no from me dawg GIF

Full confidence in the team to have a great trade period and ND, we'll be bursting at the seams with talent. This is the list management year that propels us relentlessly up the ladder, Nicks will bask in the glory and profess his genius handling of the launchpad 2024 season.

Now who is going to make way for all the in cummings?

Full confidence in the team to have a great trade period and ND, we'll be bursting at the seams with talent. This is the list management year that propels us relentlessly up the ladder, Nicks will bask in the glory and profess his genius handling of the launchpad 2024 season.

Now who is going to make way for all the in cummings?
We've been saying this for 20 years

What players should we looking at bringing in next offseason as we all hope the premiership window opens up in 2025?

Hayward - free agent?
Petty - contracted
A grade midfielder? Oliver, McCluggage, LDU

Who gets delisted, traded or retires?
Himmelberg, Sloane, Smith, Bond, Sholl, McHenry, Cook, Parnell, Borlase, Hamill

So ideally

Outs
Sloane - retired
Parnell - delisted
McHenry - delisted/traded
Burgess - delisted/paid out?
Strachan - delisted/paid out
Smith - delisted/ paid out?
Gollant - delisted/traded

Ins
(T Murray)
Cumming
ANB
Lukosius
Welsh
Pick #4
Next pick

Keep
Bond
Himmelberg
Borlase
Hamill (will go for cooked Smith though)

Exactly.

Shit ruckmen, and lots of first round fails in the draft.

And yet ...
Plenty of father sons.

Plenty of qualiry players traded in, many for bargains, helped by the AFL.

Ps. Ottens was a gun!

Pick 18 is cursed
I mean, that's fair enough, but here's their first round picks of the last 15 years or so.

Mitch Brown, Billie Smedts, Daniel Menzel, Jackson Thurlow, Darcy Lang, Nakia Cockatoo, Lachie Fogarty, Jordan Clark, Cooper Stephens, Max Holmes, Jhye Clark, Connor O'Sullivan.

It's interesting, that's all I'm saying.

Plenty of father sons.

Plenty of qualiry players traded in, many for bargains, helped by the AFL.

Ps. Ottens was a gun!
Thats true about Ottens - but he retired 13 years ago!

There's something interesting there. Maybe 12 of their last 14 first round picks have been busts - but they're a massively successful club.

Think about what we got from GWS for Sauce Jacobs. A 4th rounder and that is what ANB is worth. Both were up there is age and just wanted to pad the retirement money. Stop thinking about over paying for these types. Only a 4th rounder any day of the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we’re trading 25 for ANB (ew) maybe they’re thinking 4, Welsh and a rookie upgrade? Maybe Keane comes onto the main list as one of the three mandatory picks, and we can then open up another rookie list spot for a contracted player. It’s a break-even regarding total list spots, but just an idea as to what our very weird list management could be thinking.

Thats true about Ottens - but he retired 13 years ago!

There's something interesting there. Maybe 12 of their last 14 first round picks have been busts - but they're a massively successful club.
You were responding to a post about the last 20 years... so Ottens very much in this time frame & key part of their flags.

They have traded a huge proportion of their 1st round picks... perhaps we should have too in hindsight.

You were responding to a post about the last 20 years... so Ottens very much in this time frame & key part of their flags.

They have traded a huge proportion of their 1st round picks... perhaps we should have too in hindsight.
It helps they have a constant stream of former Geelong Falcons returning home, even from Melbourne based clubs.

So ideally

Outs
Sloane - retired
Parnell - delisted

Ins
(T Murray)
Cumming
ANB
Lukosius
Welsh
Pick #4
Next pick

Keep
Bond
Himmelberg
Borlase
You're missing the fact that Schoenberg could be on the chopping block along with Gallagher

You're missing the fact that Schoenberg could be on the chopping block along with Gallagher
Schoenberg is under contract, so we won't be cutting him.

Gallagher category B so makes no difference either way to our main list.

I've been his hardest critic on BF I reckon, but I've been watching him a bit lately on his fishing spots and he seems like a very likeable lad. Pity he's such a below average footballer. I still want him delisted but I wish him all the best with his endeavours.
hes got a tv career in him. he's actually quite bright on 5aa talking about players association issues. he just isn't afl standard

So ideally

Outs
Sloane - retired
Parnell - delisted

Ins
(T Murray)
Cumming
ANB
Lukosius
Welsh
Pick #4
Next pick

Keep
Bond
Himmelberg
Borlase

Berg is gone, we haven’t offered him a contract and he is shopping oneself around

Sloane - retired

The there is a group of players that are waiting and see depending on our trade period, they are

Ned
Burgess
Hamill
Parnell
Gollant

If we get Cummings I would say both Hamill and Parnell are gone, and the young GC small forward replaces Ned

I would also delist Burgess and Gollant, your not depth if you can’t get a kick at AFL level, not to mention Welsh plays before both of those players.

I would also consider paying out Smith and Strachan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we’re trading 25 for ANB (ew) maybe they’re thinking 4, Welsh and a rookie upgrade? Maybe Keane comes onto the main list as one of the three mandatory picks, and we can then open up another rookie list spot for a contracted player. It’s a break-even regarding total list spots, but just an idea as to what our very weird list management could be thinking.

If you don’t really need draft picks you don’t just burn them or get generous to build ‘goodwill’ with other clubs.

You trade into the following year’s draft.

Of all clubs we need to eek every drop of value out of every asset we have right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back