List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean it'd be better if we had a substitute ruck and not use him in that role...but I'd almost go him in front of Stawnie, unless Strawnie gets off the durries
No doubt he could do it , but it’s also best if he settles in defence and becomes a really elite defender so I hope it doesn’t come to that

He did well to fight thru the year , was clearly not at his best post acl but good grounding for next year

they gave up that pick for injured old macadam who was 28 (as is ANB)

ANB is a premiership player and had his best ever year compared to macadam who will probably never play another AFL game
They only gave up that much because they gambled on a future pick and fell down the ladder.

They only gave up that much because they gambled on a future pick and fell down the ladder.
I know we would all rather give up 42 but its not a disaster.

what is a disaster is why would we be looking at sam draper? ffs. chuck F1 at GC for Moyle and Luko would be way better

I know we would all rather give up 42 but its not a disaster.

what is a disaster is why would we be looking at sam draper? ffs. chuck F1 at GC for Moyle and Luko would be way better
Maybe not a disaster, but it's higher than we should pay for ANB. It's not like we chased him either.

We already missed Moyle, re-signed this year.

Draper would be a disaster though.

Cal Twomey says we should be giving 25 for ANB while also claiming 22 (after Geelong’s first gets pushed backed for matched bids) should be enough for Bailey Smith.

Utter garbage.

Cal Twomey says we should be giving 25 for ANB while also claiming 22 (after Geelong’s first gets pushed backed for matched bids) should be enough for Bailey Smith.

Utter garbage.
No he didn't. He claimed that 22 wouldn't be enough for them and he was looking forward to the first round of the send them to the draft saga.

Trade bell on SEN with Edmund

Harry Perryman - certain to leave according to Edmund. Destination unknown. Port, Hawks, Coll in the mix. 6 year offer on the table from GWS who believe they've been priced out.

Isaac Cumming - Adelaide chasing. GWS max offer is 4 years.

Luko - no trade request or desire to leave. Crows 'really keen', has also got interest from Vic.

Caleb Daniel - now preferring to stay.

So pretty much nothing new.
So if luko has no desire to leave it means for that change it confirms he’s been forced out, likely needed out for salary and so the trade value should be low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That screams of desperate "whatever it takes" sort of stuff.

That the club has been going on about all year wanting to be aggressive in the trade period, and the only player willing to look our way because of our inept, disfunctional footy department, gets traded for overs so we don't let one slip away.
“we said we’d be aggressive and we showed that by being willing to offer overs for a player whose club had already conceded they needed to let him go.”

I caught Cal Twomey say this morning very matter of factly, 'Adelaide will offer pick 25 for ANB and Melbourne will accept'.

That's so ****ed.

There’s every chance our list management group of dimwits will overpay for a hopeful immediate sugar hit.

Last edited:
they gave up that pick for injured old macadam who was 28 (as is ANB)

ANB is a premiership player and had his best ever year compared to macadam who will probably never play another AFL game
They gave up a future 2nd when they were expecting to be a top four team. Expected 35-40 range pick after compensation, academy/father son picks etc.

Trade bell on SEN with Edmund

Harry Perryman - certain to leave according to Edmund. Destination unknown. Port, Hawks, Coll in the mix. 6 year offer on the table from GWS who believe they've been priced out.

Isaac Cumming - Adelaide chasing. GWS max offer is 4 years.

Luko - no trade request or desire to leave. Crows 'really keen', has also got interest from Vic.

Caleb Daniel - now preferring to stay.

So pretty much nothing new.
Perryman isn’t worth that amount of money or years

Yep. I just had a look, North could easily bid on welsh at 22 (slips to 25) as a prospective small KPF. So 25 is swallowed anyway. Sounds like an ok trade if we get something back. and get if done day 1 so we can focus on rest of trade period.

Nobody is bidding on Welsh at 22, he'll go in the 3rd round at best. We're talking about a player that has focussed on footy and being drafted for years, comes from a footy family and has flatlined badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back