List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO if this is all that happens in a 'trading aggressively' off season, its pretty underwhelming.
Add Pods as a FA as well. I think I'd that's the final result then it's not disastrous. We fill 2 immediate needs with Pods and Betts. We add some outside speed to develop in Edwards and more than likely we add a quality SA kid like Dumont, Dunstan or Battersby. We still have pick 42 which could be used on a developing KPF/ ruck like Ben Brown who should still be there.

I think given the circumstances that's not a bad outcome

If Pods signs for a year, does that make Graham or Smack surplus to requirements?

It doesn't look like Smack has received any interest, so I'd be happy to retain him for another year. I know Pods is not a ruckman, but surely between Pods, Smack, Jenkins (when recovered), Dowdell and Osbourne we can afford to part ways with Graham.

If fitness is the only thing holding Graham back, delist him and tell him there is a rookie spot available if he meets X, Y & Z fitness criteria.

I'm not sure what's expected from the crows. Obviously we all want our team to be heavily involved in trading and free agency and we all want all these amazing players to come to the club. But our options are limited. We are hampered by our draft exclusions and we dont have the surplus quality to trade out. I think if we walk away with betts, jpods, Edwards and pick 20 I'd be very happy. In the end you don't want to start making changes for the sake of it or because that's what the fans want to see. It's always going to be harder getting players to Adelaide, and we usually have to pay overs. I'm critical of the club, and I would like to see them more ruthless than they have been in previous years. But there's only so much you can realistically achieve

If Pods signs for a year, does that make Graham or Smack surplus to requirements?

It doesn't look like Smack has received any interest, so I'd be happy to retain him for another year. I know Pods is not a ruckman, but surely between Pods, Smack, Jenkins (when recovered), Dowdell and Osbourne we can afford to part ways with Graham.

If fitness is the only thing holding Graham back, delist him and tell him there is a rookie spot available if he meets X, Y & Z fitness criteria.

I believe Graham is still contracted for another year. Fitness isn't the only thing Angus lacks - the bloke is a mental pigmy, from all accounts - a serious fkwit.

I also believe Smack won't be at the club next year - however, it wouldn't surprise me if the club tries to keep him purely based on lack of ruck stock.. the only thing smack is good at is jumping in a straight line (sometimes).

Personally I'd be looking to move him on for a third round pick or above if someone is stupid enough to grab him. St kilda are still lurking with smack.

I believe Graham is still contracted for another year. Fitness isn't the only thing Angus lacks - the bloke is a mental pigmy, from all accounts - a serious fkwit.

I also believe Smack won't be at the club next year - however, it wouldn't surprise me if the club tries to keep him purely based on lack of ruck stock.. the only thing smack is good at is jumping in a straight line (sometimes).

Personally I'd be looking to move him on for a third round pick or above if someone is stupid enough to grab him. St kilda are still lurking with smack.
Yes I believe Graham has another year - but I'd be happy to pay him out given his form to date. It would at least free up a list spot.

If Smack stays, I will be interested to see how he goes in our reserves side, as he is one player who I think might really benefit.

By all reports Matt Crouch is slower than his brother and is less skilled. Do not want. Even if we had the pick available to get him.
I might get shot down for this but I'd be incredibly ANGRY if we didn't take him with our pick...

Our first pick is pick 42 anyway ;)
/ducks for cover

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO if this is all that happens in a 'trading aggressively' off season, its pretty underwhelming.

Really?

Wow what do people expect with no picks. The majority seem to want to hold on to all our players too.

You wouldn't be happy with an offseason of:

Betts, Edwards & pick 20 while only losing Vince?

We will still use our pick 45 or whatever. We could still get a reasonable player there like Mitch Thorp, Ben Brown or a slider. Given the draft is so even, there will be some ok players slide out.

Really?

Wow what do people expect with no picks. The majority seem to want to hold on to all our players too.

We will still use our pick 45 or whatever. We could still get a reasonable player there like Mitch Thorp, Ben Brown or a slider. Given the draft is so even, there will be some ok players slide out.

Really?

Realistically, who would you be looking into?

We should have had $1.5 - $2 million a year spare in our salary cap if we delist Tambling and Stiffy, trade Bernie plus the $850K a year that was set aside gor $kirt. This doesn't include the extra cash freed up by front loading contracts last year.

We should have been able to make a grandfather offer to at least 2 if not 3 free agents (or matched the Sydney deal for Buddy but he would never come to Adelaide). We have spent an extra $100-150 K a year to get Eddie but seemingly have not moved on any of the other free agents. Either

a) our players are receiving well above their market value
b) we are not using 100% of the cap or
c) we have something huge planned next year (which will no doubt fall over).

My guess is that we will end out "saving" the money but Triggy will assure us that we have done everything possible to improve our list.

Just having a listen to the interview again. Noble clearly says "We knew Jared barracked for Port as a kid, but we knew Brissy wanted players, and let me say we didn't put any players on the table, but the players were interested in going to Brissy"

OK my bad, I obviously miss heard what he said. So the Crows weren't prepared to let these players go then....interesting!!

We should have had $1.5 - $2 million a year spare in our salary cap if we delist Tambling and Stiffy, trade Bernie plus the $850K a year that was set aside gor $kirt. This doesn't include the extra cash freed up by front loading contracts last year.

We should have been able to make a grandfather offer to at least 2 if not 3 free agents (or matched the Sydney deal for Buddy but he would never come to Adelaide). We have spent an extra $100-150 K a year to get Eddie but seemingly have not moved on any of the other free agents. Either

Grandfather offer?

No way in hell should we have offered Franklin $10m over 9 years!

D. Still paying legal fees

Yes, we do need some extra cash for "unforeseen expenses". I am looking forward to the NotanAGM this year when the AFC will provide no information about where our money was spent and Chapman will declare that Triggy has once again done an outstanding job as the CEO (cue to West Lakes Old Folks Home residents to give a standing ovation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back