List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think betts as a FA and Edwards + 20 for vince is a very good off season

Take Betts, its great we got him, but so we should have:
We had role
Cap space
Barracked for us as kid
Has family

20 + Edwards we are giving up a good player. Fine, but its not a huge win

That would be a poor offseason if that's it

Pick 20 for Bernie still feels like a 'dance with your sister' consolation prize...

I know theres alot of water to go under the bridge but surely, our doyen gurus in charge are orchestrating something big behind the scenes...

At the end of the day we need to be greedy and try to get another Brad Crouch.

Getting pick 20 doesn't cut it for me.

Do you realise how difficult it is to procure a top 15 pick when you've been stripped of 1st and 2nd round picks, without decimating your playing list? Don't blame Nobel if and when a top 15 pick doesn't materialise.

I don't think betts as a FA and Edwards + 20 for vince is a very good off season

We had role
Cap space
Barracked for us as kid
Has family

Hear hear!

If thats it.... my goodness... we have been REAMED.

Think its a pass mark for mine. Definetly not a huge win but nor is it a huge loss. We trade Bernie for a top 20 pick which was a great deal better than what we had. Pods provides cheap insurance (not meerkat) and Edwards is a quick outsider runner. What else do we do with the crap sandwich we were dealt.

No players who have been talked about as trade bait are leaving other than Bernie which is more than fine.

We had role
Cap space
Barracked for us as kid
Has family

When you have 50c and everyone else has $1 you aren't going to get the same sized bag of lollies as him.

These sanctions are really biting.

The sycophantic BS on 5AA is infuriating.

Don't blame Trigg...wa wa wa...blame Tippett's manager...wa wa wa...Trigg is one the best CEO's in the comp...:mad:

I don't even remember the last time I listened to 5AA. It would have to be at least 2-3 years by now. Haven't missed it at all.

I think alot of people are overrating vince. Very inconsistent player. 1 good game in 4 just doesnt cut it anymore. He is super slow aswell. Only truck is slower.
Ppl wanted him delisted half way thru the season but now we are a chance of getting pick 20.
I'll help him pack his bags for pick 20

When you have 50c and everyone else has $1 you aren't going to get the same sized bag of lollies as him.
Who has actually done better? With Betts, JPod & Edwards we will have landed 3 players who meet an identified need. The only significant out is Vince. 3 in + a draft pick for 1 out leaves us with plenty of scope for culling dead wood.

Assuming 2 draftees in the ND we need to cull 5 players from our current list (taking rookie upgrades into account).

Only Sydney landed a bigger fish and they screwed themselves for a decade in the process.

The only fish to get away was Polec and Port paid more than he is worth to keep him away from us. Frankly, I'm glad he chose the swampies because he's not worth what Brisbane were demanding.

Look at what all the other clubs are achieving and tell me we're doing badly with our trades. The only way you could argue that is of you had unrealistic and impossibly high expectations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way in hell are we getting 9 + Edwards for Vince.

20 is a perfectly good return for a guy who could be lost next year for nothing.

Who has actually done better? With Betts, JPod & Edwards we will have landed 3 players who meet an identified need. The only significant out is Vince. 3 in + a draft pick for 1 out leaves us with plenty of scope for culling dead wood.

Assuming 2 draftees in the ND we need to cull 5 players from our current list (taking rookie upgrades into account).

Only Sydney landed a bigger fish and they screwed themselves for a decade in the process.

The only fish to get away was Polec and Port paid more than he is worth to keep him away from us. Frankly, I'm glad he chose the swampies because he's not worth what Brisbane were demanding.

Look at what all the other clubs are achieving and tell me we're doing badly with our trades. The only way you could argue that is of you had unrealistic and impossibly high expectations.
Well said

I agree, I think they've done pretty well with what they've had to work with. I just think it's not fair for fans to put so much pressure on Noble and the team when they have a compromised deck of cards to play with and everyone else has a full deck available to them.

20 by itself simply not enough for mine.
20 + edwards i would be sad to see him go but i'd take

As a completely meaningless activity i went back and had a quick look at the pick 20's since 2003, ignoring the last couple of years (too soon to judge) there's a whole lot of nobodies and Nat Fyfe, ie only one player of any note whatsoever. I know that is statistically irrelevant to any argument but i really don't think a pick 20 is worth near as much as people think it is.

Id say pick 20 for an inconsistent 28yo with bad knees is pretty good work. Yes he can be a jet on his day but nowhere near where he shouldve got to if he stayed injury free. If we get anymore out of him we should laugh ourselves silly as sad as it would be to see him go.

There's no doubt that Noble has had one hand tied behind his back the whole time. For all that he has materially improved our list. I think he should be commended as one of the few truly talented members of our off field staff. He is a shining light in an otherwise dim, dark room.

It irritates me to see people whinging about our trading, criticising him, despite him having done a fantastic job.

As a completely meaningless activity i went back and had a quick look at the pick 20's since 2003, ignoring the last couple of years (too soon to judge) there's a whole lot of nobodies and Nat Fyfe, ie only one player of any note whatsoever. I know that is statistically irrelevant to any argument but i really don't think a pick 20 is worth near as much as people think it is.

You shouldn't be looking at who was selected with each pick twenty but rather at who was still available at pick twenty. Every draft has worthwhile players beyond pick twenty, whether a club makes the most of that pick is up to them and luck.

Well yea, if you like at pick 20 specifically you might not find anything, but if you look at the 20-30 range there's some talent. We got Kerridge and Grigg with 2nd rounders in 2011, West Coast got Darling and Lycett with picks around the late 20's in 2010. I know there's always a chance you draft a dud, but you can still get a very good player with a 20+ pick. If the scouts and development team do their job correctly (which the seem to have done pretty well in the past), then I think it could be a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back