List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danger is out of contract next year isn't he? His new contract will cost us too so will need to factor that in when compiling the hit list.

If he is we will no doubt have to pay him free agency type "overs" for the rest of his career because other clubs will be lining up to give him that too good to stay offer.

If he is we will no doubt have to pay him free agency type "overs" for the rest of his career because other clubs will be lining up to give him that too good to stay offer.
Other club posters already talking big offers to get him, no doubt list managers thinking same

I'm hearing port may be looking to use 13. Do we still want polec for 23?
I'm not particularly fussed, but I reckon the club is. Nobes lodged those papers last night like it was a winning lottery ticket. He would have been on the blower to Kerr straight after. If not Polec then he has something else in mind for it, can't see us taking 23 to the draft

I'm hearing port may be looking to use 13. Do we still want polec for 23?

Would Polec potentially be better than something we could get at 23?

I'm not particularly fussed, but I reckon the club is. Nobes lodged those papers last night like it was a winning lottery ticket. He would have been on the blower to Kerr straight after. If not Polec then he has something else in mind for it, can't see us taking 23 to the draft

Sorry, who is Kerr?

Other club posters already talking big offers to get him, no doubt list managers thinking same

I think once Sloane, Danger, Tex are recontracted, plus the increased pay of guys like Talia, Crouch and several more considering the age and improvement left in our list, we will be out of the Free Agent market for a few years as far as trying to lure a big player, hopefully we can get a couple who just want to come home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I sent a PM to Knightmare & Chris25 the 2 gurus from the Draft & Trading board. I asked them who would give us more value for pick 23 out of Polec or the draft.

This was Knightmare's reply:

Polec for me.

A pick in the 20s this year isn't a high % chance of making the grade in this relatively shallow draft.

Polec as time has shown isn't nearly worth the high pick spent on him but I still give him a fair chance of making it at the right club.

I don't mind the Adelaide key forwards so much. There will be plenty to choose from next year so I'd recommend waiting but Lewis Johnston and Tom Lynch showed some positive signs this year. I'd stick them alongside Taylor Walker next year and see what happens. Very capable group from the games I've seen of both Johnston and Lynch at senior level and in the SANFL.

We should trade our pick 23 + Jaensch to St Kilda for Pick 24+25
Daniel, St Kilda want qty of picks to rebuild their list .......GWS want fewer but better picks & are prepared to package 2 picks for an improved 1 pick ......different clubs in different stages of list development

I can ....but we'll make Port use their first round pick to get Polec by offering #23 for Polec

Think GC may give Port what they want ....which is 2 second round picks for Ports 1st round ...and consequently think Port will now get Polec

I can ....but we'll make Port use their first round pick to get Polec by offering #23 for Polec

Think GC may give Port what they want ....which is 2 second round picks for Ports 1st round ...and consequently think Port will now get Polec
If they don't get Polec, he may bundle it up with a player for a lower pick.

Well port have been busy in the kitchen brewing up ideas.

Apparently if pick 34 isn't enough, pick 34 + Renouf should be enough to get the deal done.

Absolute classic!

Is Betts, Podsiadly and Pick 23 for Vince a good trade period?

I give it an B. I don't give it an A because we traded in a 32yo and traded out a Club Champion and a guy who loved the AFC.

I'd say a B is probably right. It's probably an A- in terms of losses/gains, but with free agency the bar has shifted and it's now entirely possible to gain significantly more than you lose in a trade period, so the judgement has to shift as well.

I can't see any argument that we have had even one win at the trade table.

I'm including free agency when I say "trade period", of course. The fact that Betts seeked us out doesn't mean his inclusion isn't a sizable win. Pods is a small win in my eyes - a stopgap measure, from a successful system, and hopefully a mentor/future coach for "free". Whether he is able to play until 34 remains to be seen, but as a risk I think he's fairly reasonable.

Vince for 23 strikes me as breaking even, but it does adds a bit more flexibility for other negotiations. If we are able to get another one over the line I'd say we've done well.

Well port have been busy in the kitchen brewing up ideas.

Apparently if pick 34 isn't enough, pick 34 + Renouf should be enough to get the deal done.

Absolute classic!
Given Renoufs ability ......#23 + McKernan would kazump that hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back