2013 West Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Apart from being a WA boy (and EH talking him up) do we have reason to believe that West Coast are actually looking at him as the premium choice this far out?

Me? plenty of others rate him on BF. You can add Obrien and the Woodhouse brothers, where he sits in their rankings i don't know. Is he the player we need, perhaps someone bigger would be better. But he's a very low risk pick.

People will try and say Sheed doesn't have one standout attribute. I believe we spent pick 4 on Gaff a few years ago and Sheed is a much more complete player.

Me? plenty of others rate him on BF. You can add Obrien and the Woodhouse brothers, where he sits in their rankings i don't know. Is he the player we need, perhaps someone bigger would be better. But he's a very low risk pick.

People will try and say Sheed doesn't have one standout attribute. I believe we spent pick 4 on Gaff a few years ago and Sheed is a much more complete player.

Whoa, why so defensive?
I didn't say you were the only one who rated him.
I just said you were talking him up.
And I got to see Sheed play live against Coll VFL and thought he was in the best two or three AIS players on the ground.
So I'm well aware that he is worth considering.

2nd. It's the forward bit I'm interested in. Could he play key forward?

I played footy with him, and though he was always a ruckman (obviously – colts in the country), he wouldn't look out of depth as a key position forward. He doesn't lumber or slouch when he runs, and he's not too slow to get the ground ball. Aside from his height, his skills are his best attribute: fairly reliable kick, handball, and a solid mark. He'd need to considerably bulk up and put a bit of mongrel into his game, but it could be done.

I think the West have pinned him as a top selection ruckman. So I'd say it'd be first choice or nothing for us. Doubt he'll slide to second.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/wafl/17634037/ruckman-cameron-rises-to-the-occasion/

Can someone fill me in on how George Hampson is going? See he picked up another 30+ on the w.e and would be squarely on my radar with his output this season
Very consistent payer. Have been to most of the Subiaco games this year and is in the best few every week. Huge engine, great mark for his size and runs all day. Came to the club playing only forward but has been moved into the midfield last season and also back flank this year where he continues to find the football and rarely if ever gets beaten 1-on-1. Has the smarts to thrive in an AFL environment & deserves a chance.

Very consistent payer. Have been to most of the Subiaco games this year and is in the best few every week. Huge engine, great mark for his size and runs all day. Came to the club playing only forward but has been moved into the midfield last season and also back flank this year where he continues to find the football and rarely if ever gets beaten 1-on-1. Has the smarts to thrive in an AFL environment & deserves a chance.

Any shortfalls/weakness'?

good kick at goal and creative around the ground. watched the game on the weekend and definately the worst game I have seen him play in terms of his field kicking.. Though the Subi forwards at the moment are nothing to write home about, leading to the wrong areas and in groups which makes it difficult to kick to and easy for backs to sag off and take marks. Does not hold excessive pace but as BroughtonMid said rarely seems to get caught and makes up for it with an ability to run all day. Seems to have overcome a lot of adversity which more often than not builds on success in itself.

Brothers?!

I don't think Jayden is at Souths. If he is...
Jayden Bootsma has transferred to Peel. South colts too strong to break into at the moment even without some of them being unavailable due to WA 18's commitments.

South beat Swans this morning 25.24 (174) to 1.1 (7). South move to 2nd and are starting to get some players back from injury and are looking threatening.
Ben Sokol 19k 12m and 6.3
Jarrod Pickett 14k 12h 2.2
Other WA squad members Matthew Ah Siu 12k 8m 5.2
Tom Vandeleur 11k 5m 4h
Jermaine Lewis sustaining an early injury.
Cam McCarthy, Dylan Main and Blaine Johnson having a rest waiting for Vic Metro on Friday and Willie Rioli played for NT against NSW today.

East Perth sprung a surprise beating East Fremantle 15.10 (100) to 5.15 (45) East Freo dropped to 4th.

Perth 12.12 (84) defeated Peel 8.9 (57). Peel's only win for the season coming last week as they inflicted Claremont's only loss for the season.

Subi 19.8 (122) defeated West Perth 11.9 (75) Michael Wood back in the colts after playing a few league games kicked 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Samuel Garstone made his return from injury this week. Will be interesting to see how his form is late in the year.

Kietel kicked 7.1 for East Perth.

Woods returned to the Subi Colts and kicked another bag of five, McAlister kicked another bag of five along side him.

Samuel Garstone made his return from injury this week. Will be interesting to see how his form is late in the year.

Kietel kicked 7.1 for East Perth.

Woods returned to the Subi Colts and kicked another bag of five, McAlister kicked another bag of five along side him.

this kid is a very nice player.
can play key forward or back and his very athletic (heard he has some sort of past as a state javelin representation fwiw), still plenty of filling out to do though.

only knock on him for mine is that he does seem a little selfish out on the field. gives the odd glare/spray when it is not kicked to him.
'96 birthday though

this kid is a very nice player.
can play key forward or back and his very athletic (heard he has some sort of past as a state javelin representation fwiw), still plenty of filling out to do though.

only knock on him for mine is that he does seem a little selfish out on the field. gives the odd glare/spray when it is not kicked to him.
'96 birthday though
He does demand the footy.......but there is nothing wrong with that. He does have to learn however is to give it off when team mates are in a better position which he is not doing atm.

He can thank SHANAHAN as he relies on him hiting him up time and time again. This kid is absolute quality and getting better and better as the year progresses.

He does demand the footy.......but there is nothing wrong with that. He does have to learn however is to give it off when team mates are in a better position which he is not doing atm.

He can thank SHANAHAN as he relies on him hiting him up time and time again. This kid is absolute quality and getting better and better as the year progresses.

yep, serious player. would like to see him up forward more

Can someone fill me in on how George Hampson is going? See he picked up another 30+ on the w.e and would be squarely on my radar with his output this season
1017234_10151655165517310_349710277_n.jpg

Not too shabby, Yoda_

Hampson was excellent again on the weekend. Used the ball extremely well off half back, opponent did not touch it, had 30disposals himself and kicked for mine wafl goal of the year with an intercept at half back running the length of the ground to finish from 40 out. Given his versatility, beggars belief if not taken by a club as a ready made AFL footballer.

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 West Australian Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back