List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born in December too. Which begs the question. How good could he end up being if he gains some weight? also that goal kicking :straining:
if you're born in January does that mean you'll be shit though? ;) I don't really think we picked up Bontempelli just because of his late birthday
what position do you think Langford would play for us? Considering we're pretty covered for general forwards

if you're born in January does that mean you'll be shit though? ;) I don't really think we picked up Bontempelli just because of his late birthday
what position do you think Langford would play for us? Considering we're pretty covered for general forwards
Wing or Half back, most likely the wing though. Depends how much growth he has left could become a CHF if his marking is as good as some people see it as being. But I still think we are lacking one goalkicking mid/genuine game changer if he can turn the game on its head when he gets it then draft him because this was the xfactor we missed when Grant was out injured

Wing or Half back, most likely the wing though. Depends how much growth he has left could become a CHF if his marking is as good as some people see it as being. But I still think we are lacking one goalkicking mid/genuine game changer if he can turn the game on its head when he gets it then draft him because this was the xfactor we missed when Grant was out injured
I think Pickett/Duggan have x-factor, but I suppose you can never have too much 'x-factor' as long as they're skilled right

I think Pickett/Duggan have x-factor, but I suppose you can never have too much 'x-factor' as long as they're skilled right
Nice to have a few players that can take the game away in an instant. Whether it be with goal kicking nous, marking ability, speed, height or skill or a mix of them all. At the moment we have Grant who relies on height, speed and goalkicking nous to be a very awkward matchup and not much else. It would be nice to get a couple of these game changers in the draft especially if the KPF's are not at our first pick.
Pickett\Duggan + Langford + Cordy + A developing tall (Bevan/Watchman ect) would be acceptable if it was to happen. Maybe need another third round pick though for that to be possible.

Nice to have a few players that can take the game away in an instant. Whether it be with goal kicking nous, marking ability, speed, height or skill or a mix of them all. At the moment we have Grant who relies on height, speed and goalkicking nous to be a very awkward matchup and not much else. It would be nice to get a couple of these game changers in the draft especially if the KPF's are not at our first pick.
Pickett\Duggan + Langford + Cordy + A developing tall (Bevan/Watchman ect) would be acceptable if it was to happen. Maybe need another third round pick though for that to be possible.
I could see the draft going something like this to be honest
1st Duggan or Pickett, 2nd Nelson Or Cunico, Laverde or Keitel, 3rd Cordy, 4th McKenzie or McLaren or Viojo-Rainbow if we took Keitel in the second

So we ended up with 2 KPPs and 2 midfielders that could play HBF with good kicking skills
Rookie/PSD for a mature KPD and a ruck, Foster and maybe a project player in no particular order :)

how would you feel about that kinda draft? :p Langford might be an option if he is there in the second round

probably missed a few players, but still think there will be some KPPs later in the draft if we miss out in the first two rounds (I ain't going to be panicking)

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124158067&c=1-3020-0-294694-0&pool=1

Mark Kovacevic
3 Goals, 14 Disposals, 26 Hitouts, 7 marks (4 contested)
For anyone interested in Ruck Depth

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124158054&c=1-3020-0-294694-0&pool=1

Brayden Maynard is BACK, but no Grace.

29 Disposals, 6 Marks, 6 Tackles and 3 behinds

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_info.cgi?a=MATCH&fixture=124157973&c=1-3020-0-294694-0&pool=1

Connor Menadue

31 Disposals, 6 marks, 5 tackles, 2 goals 3

All else being equal though, you'd take the younger guy for sure. I think Dalrymple in his interview after the draft expressly noted that Bontempelli's late birthday was a factor, though obviously it's not everything. I might be imagining things though.

I could see the draft going something like this to be honest
1st Duggan or Pickett, 2nd Nelson Or Cunico, Laverde or Keitel, 3rd Cordy, 4th McKenzie or McLaren or Viojo-Rainbow if we took Keitel in the second

So we ended up with 2 KPPs and 2 midfielders that could play HBF with good kicking skills
Rookie/PSD for a mature KPD and a ruck, Foster and maybe a project player in no particular order :)

how would you feel about that kinda draft? :p Langford might be an option if he is there in the second round

probably missed a few players, but still think there will be some KPPs later in the draft if we miss out in the first two rounds (I ain't going to be panicking)

I would be very happy with that draft, though we'd need a few things to go our way. I have feeling someone is going to try and pick Cordy before our second round to screw with us (probably assholes St Kilda again). Surely Viojo-Rainbow wouldn't slip to our fourth rounder, he's too good. Though we wouldn't have guessed that we could get Honeychurch with pick 60.

If your scenario does play out, I would love to be able to get Duggan, Keitel, Cordy and Viojo-Rainbow.

I would be very happy with that draft, though we'd need a few things to go our way. I have feeling someone is going to try and pick Cordy before our second round (probably assholes St Kilda again) to screw with us. Surely Viojo-Rainbow wouldn't slip to our fourth rounder, he's too good. Though we wouldn't have guessed that we could get Honeychurch with pick 60.
If St Kilda nominated Cordy; I'd pass on him in the second round
No bluff to be had, he just ain't worth an early second round pick

and VR I thought could even be an option in the second round if we really wanted or third round if we got sucked in and took Cordy in the second

but yeah, would have to be pretty happy with that draft; considering the KPFs will likely all be gone before our pick and the best available KPP would be Goddard who is more of a shut down key defender type and doesn't impact the game as much as you'd like from a top 10 pick

Anyway, hopefully a bit of luck does go our way ; hope we're still looking at that Irish player as well, Connor McKenna I do believe
keep our options open ;)

If St Kilda nominated Cordy; I'd pass on him in the second round
No bluff to be had, he just ain't worth an early second round pick

and VR I thought could even be an option in the second round if we really wanted or third round if we got sucked in and took Cordy in the second

but yeah, would have to be pretty happy with that draft; considering the KPFs will likely all be gone before our pick and the best available KPP would be Goddard who is more of a shut down key defender type and doesn't impact the game as much as you'd like from a top 10 pick

Anyway, hopefully a bit of luck does go our way ; hope we're still looking at that Irish player as well, Connor McKenna I do believe
keep our options open ;)
Is he not worth it though? Doesn't seem like theres too many better defenders in the draft. Only thing going against him is his height but it doesn't seem to worry him when he's played extremely well on much bigger players. Really 4 or 5cm doesn't make a huggee difference, he also seems like a pretty lanky guy with a good reach which is more important. Fills a position we need and I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a bit more growing to do. I really really really hope he slips through to our third though and being in and out of the team might just allow that to happen.

On Langford, it would be interesting if he had a growth spurt and became genuine kpp height, he'd be what I'm looking for at CHF.

Is he not worth it though? Doesn't seem like theres too many better defenders in the draft. Only thing going against him is his height but it doesn't seem to worry him when he's played extremely well on much bigger players. Really 4 or 5cm doesn't make a huggee difference, he also seems like a pretty lanky guy with a good reach which is more important. Fills a position we need and I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a bit more growing to do. I really really really hope he slips through to our third though and being in and out of the team might just allow that to happen.

On Langford, it would be interesting if he had a growth spurt and became genuine kpp height, he'd be what I'm looking for at CHF.
I think he'd be a long term player, not saying he isn't a reliable defender but I think it would be 3-4 years before we saw him consistently playing
much like Roberts in his draft year, in fact Roberts played some amazing football in his draft year and got through to the PSD; I just think our second rounder would be a bit rich and a club would only be bidding during the first to be an ass

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5UzLo1x.png

AI4aZGh.png

Just spoke to a mate about Langford , said he has a very light frame but is a very good mark
Seems like a type Macca would like. Play him on a wing and rest him forward.

Langford, Stringer, Macrae, Bonti would make on hell of a scary midfield to match up on especially when three of them are dangerous in the forward 50.

Langford is also apparently a really good kick for goal

Seems like a type Macca would like. Play him on a wing and rest him forward.

Langford, Stringer, Macrae, Bonti would make on hell of a scary midfield to match up on especially when three of them are dangerous in the forward 50.

Langford is also apparently a really good kick for goal
I'm not sure on his kicking that's all he said :(

Weird he hasn't not been kicking badly his DE% has been around the 80% mark all year :confused: maybe he just kicks the ball in a strange sort of fashion
No idea will have to ask him , he also said McPherson was coming along nicely for a bottom ager , is tiny though like my mate :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back