List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah top 5 pick for two top 15 picks is fair enough, wouldn't be adding anything else and don't think GC would want our fringes tbh

The fairness of that trade depends on where they finish on the ladder I'd imagine. I'm assuming they have 2 picks in a row is that correct?

From the list McCartin but he will be a top 3 selection at this stage (personally think he will go #1). At this stage my preferences:

1. McCartin
2. Durdin
3. Wright
4. Pickett/Goddard

I would really love to land a KPF and believe that should be our aim, however Pickett would certainly help address our lack of pace and looks like a jet, would much prefer him to Duggan at this stage. If we did get him though we would have to go hard at Patton/Boyd next year.

Don't mind Keitel but not for a top 5 pick, if we traded our pick 5 with GC for 13+15 i wouldn't mind grabbing him at 13 and one of Lever (if he slips due to injury) or Ellis with pick 15. Would prefer to grab Keitel and Ellis over Pickett but I'd prefer McCartin over Keitel and Ellis.

Last edited:
We'll never out tank St Kilda. Pelican will be frothing for pick 1 and might run round knocking out his key players if it looks like he's going to go close. It would be interesting if Higgins got a big offer elsewhere. We might be able to talk the AFL into a second round 1 pick. We've been ganked so many times they may give us one under the mercy rule...

It looks like we'll be able to pick best available and for need. That's not often the case when picking 5+. Something to be happy about, however if shakes out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of tall wingman have caught my eye this year in the TAC Cup.
Kyle Langford is the sort of player who is like Bonti and Macrae though he is suppose to be quite quick.
If we could get him at our second pick I'd be all for it, very high potential player.

Just for anybody interested, I don't know Reece McKenzie too well, but he is in my English class. He's repeating year 12 (Doing well this year), and seems very disciplined/committed. He certainly has a presence about him; tall, big...very easy to spot in the class. He's quiet, but not antisocial. He also likes to read (Seen him in the library after school reading Lord of the Rings). In terms of Macca's 'Good character' criteria, he would certainly pass. If the club is looking at taking a classy ball user with our first pick or trading it (For someone that isn't a KPF), getting McKenzie with our second wouldn't be too bad. I haven't seen him play, but I can attest to the sheer presence he provides, which is what the team needs. It does depend on the direction that the club approaches this draft though.

Just for anybody interested, I don't know Reece McKenzie too well, but he is in my English class. He's repeating year 12 (Doing well this year), and seems very disciplined/committed. He certainly has a presence about him; tall, big...very easy to spot in the class. He's quiet, but not antisocial. He also likes to read (Seen him in the library after school reading Lord of the Rings). In terms of Macca's 'Good character' criteria, he would certainly pass. If the club is looking at taking a classy ball user with our first pick or trading it (For someone that isn't a KPF), getting McKenzie with our second wouldn't be too bad. I haven't seen him play, but I can attest to the sheer presence he provides, which is what the team needs. It does depend on the direction that the club approaches this draft though.

a couple of the mock drafters seem to think he'll get late second round, early third

doesn't kick too many bags but you're right; does seem to have a presence about him
was hoping he'd slide into the third/fourth, or we get another pick somehow to get a player like McKenzie late and Foster come rookie draft :D

Still think I would rather Pickett or Duggan over Goddard.

Footage I see of Pickett gets me so excited, he is like a combo of Cyril and Wingard.

Still think I would rather Pickett or Duggan over Goddard.

Footage I see of Pickett gets me so excited, he is like a combo of Cyril and Wingard.
absolutely
I saw Duggan burst out of a pack super quick last weekend
was really impressed with a couple of passages of player, Pickett is unlucky WA have just struggled
Will be interesting to see how they test over the combine

absolutely
I saw Duggan burst out of a pack super quick last weekend
was really impressed with a couple of passages of player, Pickett is unlucky WA have just struggled
Will be interesting to see how they test over the combine
What would your thoughts be if we could get Pickett first round, Clem Smith second?

What would your thoughts be if we could get Pickett first round, Clem Smith second?
:eek: that we just got away with the biggest steal of the draft
and no-one can call us slow :drunk:
wouldn't happen....I don't think

but sheesh, Pickett alone is pretty scary
he works hard on his weaknesses because next game where-ever he lacked last game; hes focused on improving that area, might not get as much as the ball but to me that speaks volumes

Clem Smith probably lacks the kicking skills we need, but who is to say he can't tidy them up

so many combinations of players that can help take our side to that next level, get Cordy 3rd round and beyond I'd have to be pretty happy
with majority of combinations that don't include Goddard :p even a fan of Jackson Nelson & Jordan Cunico come the second round, tall intercept marking players that run high beep tests and are reliable kickers of the ball; I'd love to see us take Viojo-Rainbow though, just see something there

I see us finishing 13 or 14 on the ladder meaning pick 5 or 6, I have the saints lions Gws and Dees finishing below us and the possibility that carlton may finish just below us.
I can see Gws going for the best tall defender and both saints and lions going for key forwards, the dees not sure probably midfielder, carlton will likely go tall forward if they finish below us so we are looking at the third to fourth best key position forward best case scenario which would be most likely Goddard? I would rather us go for more x-factor and goal kicking power. How many would be upset if we got Tom Lamb? Has shown he can kick a bag of goals up forward can go through the midfield but is 192cm if grows more could end up as a key target, I just think adding a guy like that to Bonts Stringer and Macrae would be extremely hard for oppositions to match up on and we start to have some real match winners in our team that can turn a game

I see us finishing 13 or 14 on the ladder meaning pick 5 or 6, I have the saints lions Gws and Dees finishing below us and the possibility that carlton may finish just below us.
I can see Gws going for the best tall defender and both saints and lions going for key forwards, the dees not sure probably midfielder, carlton will likely go tall forward if they finish below us so we are looking at the third to fourth best key position forward best case scenario which would be most likely Goddard? I would rather us go for more x-factor and goal kicking power. How many would be upset if we got Tom Lamb? Has shown he can kick a bag of goals up forward can go through the midfield but is 192cm if grows more could end up as a key target, I just think adding a guy like that to Bonts Stringer and Macrae would be extremely hard for oppositions to match up on and we start to have some real match winners in our team that can turn a game

I reckon Carlton are playing a lot better footy than richmond at the moment, but yeah other than that I agree, although I think if that is the case say for example:
Saints - McCartin
GWS - Durdin
Brisbane - Wright
Melbourne - Brayshaw

we could either go for the third best as you said, or look to address another key area and go for a KPF in second round. Jarrod Pickett is one we should look at with pick 4-6, electric midfielder with brilliant pace, agility and goal sense. could really help our spread from contests that has been lacking this year

I reckon Carlton are playing a lot better footy than richmond at the moment, but yeah other than that I agree, although I think if that is the case say for example:
Saints - McCartin
GWS - Durdin
Brisbane - Wright
Melbourne - Brayshaw

we could either go for the third best as you said, or look to address another key area and go for a KPF in second round. Jarrod Pickett is one we should look at with pick 4-6, electric midfielder with brilliant pace, agility and goal sense. could really help our spread from contests that has been lacking this year
If we finish the year with only pick 6 or 7, just go for the best available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back