Injury 2014 Injury and Suspensions thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Precautionary during a game. More like went in injured and it got aggravated. He should not have played..
He's got to just play through injury. Unless its his groin or hamstring. I fear his groin injury has stuffed his speed up like it did judd, is early days. Rosa and shuey back this week. Hopefully rest get back sooner then expected. Le cras plays this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Precautionary during a game. More like went in injured and it got aggravated. He should not have played..
How do we know? Simpson said he was just a bit tight so they didn't want him to go through a full game. Also, he's not going to magically get back to an AA ruck again. It's going to take a lot of game time. So I don't buy into all this idea of NN out for whoever.

How do we know? Simpson said he was just a bit tight so they didn't want him to go through a full game. Also, he's not going to magically get back to an AA ruck again. It's going to take a lot of game time. So I don't buy into all this idea of NN out for whoever.
I don't think as an on-baller he will be at his best this season - he needs a full preseason. The aim should be to build a base during the season. This fits well with the team building over the season.

I don't think as an on-baller he will be at his best this season - he needs a full preseason. The aim should be to build a base during the season. This fits well with the team building over the season.
Exactly. People seem to forget that he had a very limited pre season. Also the fact he hadn't played before round 1 for however long it was.

Not trolling just passing on some reliable info.

Heard last year that Nic Nats running style is putting a lot of stress on his groins and that his OP will be an ongoing issue as from a bio mechanically point of view they cannot fix it, meaning he will have to live with it.

Hope not as I love watching him play (except against the pies).

Xavier Ellis just said on gameday that Naitanui injured his achilles during preseason and has been playing through it. Would explain his average form.

Anyone watching this season can see NN's injured. Why does that come as a surprise? The club's medicos are destroying us.

Naitanui might not make it to 150 games at his current rate. Has nothing to do with the medicos and everything to do with his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Xavier Ellis just said on gameday that Naitanui injured his achilles during preseason and has been playing through it. Would explain his average form.
that would explain the attention he was getting to his ankle (area) as he was donning the red vest. I thought he might've tweaked his ankle but achilles makes sense. Bugger. Will we ever see Nic at his best? :(

that would explain the attention he was getting to his ankle (area) as he was donning the red vest. I thought he might've tweaked his ankle but achilles makes sense. Bugger. Will we ever see Nic at his best? :(
He also said this morning that he was walking ok last night so he is probably ok to play next week. They should rest him though

West Coast's chief medico has the matter well in hand.
images

If he is playing under duress, the person at the club who is ticking off on it is a deadset, ****ing lunatic. Would prefer he be given 2-3 months in rehab, on the track and in the WAFL to try and get him absolutely cherry ripe, rather than this nonsense- if he breaks down during that process, at least we know the issue is with his body and beyond anyone's control, and we really aren't losing much because at the moment he is at best an interchange grade player, and visibly declining every week.

Yep, it's a shame. Watching him, one can see he is being carefully managed. He is not flying high, not bulldozing thro'players as he used to and not leaping for marks very often - there is obvious injury management. Unfortunately, he is just what we need in the packs, a big bullying presence.
Get him right, and soon!

Why would we be playing him injured when we have 3 other capable ruckmen on our list. If we really want to play 3 ruckman still which we shouldn't, play lycett and sinclair, they probably both deserve some game time. If we were in the middle of a finals series sure but we ain't its the start of the season get him right.

Not trolling just passing on some reliable info.

Heard last year that Nic Nats running style is putting a lot of stress on his groins and that his OP will be an ongoing issue as from a bio mechanically point of view they cannot fix it, meaning he will have to live with it.

Hope not as I love watching him play (except against the pies).
Is quite common with with injuries like this to affect bio mechanical movements. Will take some time to correct if true. Cheers for the info.

I dont think for a second that we would be risking NN if there was a chance of him aggravating an injury.

Firstly, he doesnt seem to be getting any treatment on his groin. So its likely not an issue currently, other than he may have lost some strength in some of those muscles, which will take time to build.

His achilles may be an issue , and if it requires surgery, so be it. If not, play him only if he is fit and pain free.

Lastly, i hope his pending contract signing is not influencing our decision to play him. If he is not good enough to play right now based on his contribution, he shouldnt be playing. It's not doing anybody any favours. The reason i bring this up is that i heard Simpson mention twice in his interview last week "we hope he signs soon" - it seemed like it was a bit of an issue. Why else would he say it twice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back