2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happens every year, I know. But it's hard not to get annoyed when there's some genuinely good teams coming through, and everyone (media, numpties) waste their time talking up North.

Could see West Coast doing much better than North this year. In fact, bookmark it.

Agree with West Coast but the 8 this year is hard to pick.

Another pre-season of the media blowing wind up North's a*ses and it's not looking good for them again. When will the AFL media realise North just aren't that good?:rolleyes:

Agree with West Coast but the 8 this year is hard to pick.
Agreed. One can guess, but without doing it round by round (or with a ladder predictor) it's going to make it hard. As soon as a ladder predictor is made available, I'll post my predicted ladder.

Another pre-season of the media blowing wind up North's a*ses and it's not looking good for them again. When will the AFL media realise North just aren't that good?:rolleyes:
Probably around July, when Mr Scott is sent packing....

...then you remember that North signed him up for like a 1000 year deal not long ago. o_O

Agreed. One can guess, but without doing it round by round (or with a ladder predictor) it's going to make it hard. As soon as a ladder predictor is made available, I'll post my predicted ladder.

4th to 15th is going to be anyone.

Swans, Freo and hawks speak for them self as top 3 and Lions, Giants, Dees and Saints down the bottom.

The rest are so even this year. Too hard.

Last edited:
Extremely disappointing.

1621861_259140770926825_1399513858_n.jpg

Would like to point out I'm not with Optus, and this is not my screenshot.

Extremely disappointing.

1621861_259140770926825_1399513858_n.jpg

Would like to point out I'm not with Optus, and this is not my screenshot.

I'm sorry but when ever I hear about someone bring racially abusive to someone else these days, my first thought is how much of a lack of class and education that person must have.

Very disappointing.

I'm sorry but when ever I hear about someone bring racially abusive to someone else these days, my first thought is how much of a lack of class and education that person must have.

Very disappointing.

Agreed. It's a part of our great game that is not needed.

I don't go along with all "political correctness" going around in society, but flat out racism, especially at a public sporting arena is unacceptable. Even more so when it is personally directed at one player.

Hope the Hawks find the guy and give him a ban.

I think what annoys me the most is the fact that some of the best players to play the game were not Caucasian or Australian. I look at players like Andrew McLeod and have the upmost respect for the man, and that is nothing to do with his heritage, it is because he is a great man and a legend of the game. I can't see why people have to racially vilify such players. Pisses me off.

North under Scott has had how long to figure out how to pass into their forward line and they still have no idea? They actually have some decent players but their movement forward is just one of the worst in the AFL, nearly. When will they get a coach who can actually figure out and teach it to the team on how to pass into the forward line?

I had to laugh at the half time chats of the 'four scribes'. Often they are doing a 'talk up' of one team and inevitably they are the team getting pretty easily beaten during the game.

Very disappointing.

After my time on the hill during the Ashes at AO, nothing like this surprises me. Still so many douche bags in society.

Very disappointing.

Racists come in all shapes and sizes and from all backgrounds.

NMFC‏@NorthKangaroos·15 hrs
Scott: I would have hoped to have the answer (about a forward structure) by now, but I don't #NABChallenge
Maybe there is hope for me to be a coach one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are plrenty of other things to sledge Majak Daw about, mainly his lack of footballing ability, there really is no need to resort to something as low as racial abuse.

4th to 15th is going to be anyone.

Swans, Freo and hawks speak for them self as top 3 and Lions, Giants, Dees and Saints down the bottom.

The rest are so even this year. Too hard.
Agree but I also have bullies in the list of clubs unlikely to make the finals

It's February, I'll give them a month into the real stuff and then judge them. Hawthorn went 0-4 last season and Brisbane won the thing, didn't turn out that way in season proper.

Agree but I also have bullies in the list of clubs unlikely to make the finals
If they play the way they finished last year, I think they're a shot. They have an exceptionally good young midfield, young KPDs such as Roughead and Talia are coming along very nicely. I have them just missing out but I wouldn't rule them of making it either. Melbourne, St Kilda, GWS and Brisbane are the only teams I can't see making it. Everyone else is a shot as a well as a few near certainties such as Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn.

Another very good footballer in the Cat's Nathan Vardy has done an ACL today according to the radio just now, poor bugger's career has been cruelled with long term injuries.

Another very good footballer in the Cat's Nathan Vardy has done an ACL today according to the radio just now, poor bugger's career has been cruelled with long term injuries.
Big loss to cats if true as they traded both a Ruckman & forward so lack depth

If they play the way they finished last year, I think they're a shot. They have an exceptionally good young midfield, young KPDs such as Roughead and Talia are coming along very nicely. I have them just missing out but I wouldn't rule them of making it either. Melbourne, St Kilda, GWS and Brisbane are the only teams I can't see making it. Everyone else is a shot as a well as a few near certainties such as Fremantle, Sydney and Hawthorn.
Fair enough.

Personally I think they lack goal scoring to stay with the best

In other news I watched the great Hunters & collectors tonight at McLaren vale. Holy grail brought back fond memories of our back to back flags... So hopefully a good omen another is not far away.

Best wishes to the 2 people hit by a car outside leconfield winery & that they recover ok from serious injuries

I think the AFL really missed a trick by not having any kind of preseason cup on the line. Even if it was just as esoteric as having the two top sides (on wins/percentage) play off for some money and a bit of silverware, it would create some interest in the games, rather than just a meaningless procession of pointless matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back