List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a cakewalk for them though, they won by 131 points which usually results in some abnormal stats. Granted 64 touches is a ridiculous number.
64 disposals and 4 goals is utterly ****ing ridiculous, no matter what level. How can you not play him?

Like that NCAA Division 3 basketball player who scored 138 points, was a shit standard but even Kobe Bryant couldn't believe it.

64 disposals and 4 goals is utterly ******* ridiculous, no matter what level. How can you not play him?

Like that NCAA Division 3 basketball player who scored 138 points, was a shit standard but even Kobe Bryant couldn't believe it.

64 touches is nothing, no one ever mentions how good the 496 I scored in backyard cricket in 1991 as a 11yo was.

*i may mention it at Christmas lunch every year.

64 touches is nothing, no one ever mentions how good the 496 I scored in backyard cricket in 1991 as a 11yo was.

Pretty easy when everyone else is up to their eyeballs in wine by lunch time.

I'd love Mitchell at Carlton. We're better off getting players that will improve our weaker 6 players then ones that will improve our stronger 6 while weakening the bottom.
I'll even personally train with him on the other side of the ground from everyone else!

choke

Now that ASADA has dumped the charges - I think it's time to bring Ahmed Saad back home :)

If/when we trade Jeffy, we would be mad not to look at Saad as a replacement.

We have a connection to Ahmed through his management (Paul Kotoufides) and the fact that he played for the Northern Blues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks.

Not just cause I still hold hope for Jeffy, but because he's not that good.

I have to disagree.

I think he has the propensity to be a better/more complete player than Jeffy.

45 goals in 29 games for St. Kilda.

Quick, good size - and more ability to push up the ground and play through the midfield.

Jeffy kicked 43 last year despite missing 2 games through injury.

Jeffy at his best is AA.

Garlett is a 2.5 goal per match player.
He's been averaging 1.1 this year and that's only half the story. Less tackles, less 1%ers, less pressure and subsequently implied pressure.

As it is right now, clubs aren't too worried about Garlett. That's the problem.

Garlett vs Saad? Not much of a contest for mine.
I think we've forgotten just how could he could be along with Kreuzer, Carrazzo etc. A bit of out of sight out of mind.
Carrazzo was considered by some our most important player not so long ago....emphasis on was, but nevertheless situations conspire to take the best out of some players.

Let's remember how well Garlett can be when he's happy.........having him happy is the trick though.

Now that ASADA has dumped the charges - I think it's time to bring Ahmed Saad back home :)

If/when we trade Jeffy, we would be mad not to look at Saad as a replacement.

We have a connection to Ahmed through his management (Paul Kotoufides) and the fact that he played for the Northern Blues.
:rolleyes:

Like poor Kane Lambert who was passed over after playing with our seconds.

I have to disagree.

I think he has the propensity to be a better/more complete player than Jeffy.

45 goals in 29 games for St. Kilda.

Quick, good size - and more ability to push up the ground and play through the midfield.

would be a good cheap replacement but certainly not close to the player jeffy is capable of. Saad's a Average size small forward with a good set shot. goes more quiet than garlett does and at least he electrifies us when he does get a kick.

Jeffy was AA forward pocket for most at midpoint of season last year. We're forgetting how good he is because he's in a form slump at the moment. Same happened with Murph mast year.

That's a huge call on all levels !!

When his brain is in gear, he's a dangerous crumbing forward, however, it's in neutral too often.
Jeffy was at his best in the first half of last year. He was kicking multiple goals every game. Bags of four a couple of times too. Consequently he was in the AA squad in most media outlets at the mid point. Then things went off the boil.

Jeffy was AA forward pocket for most at midpoint of season last year. We're forgetting how good he is because he's in a form slump at the moment. Same happened with Murph mast year.

Problem being he's had these form slumps before and they've lasted far too long. Terribly difficult for coaches when the player is incapable of getting it together mentally. We have to just hope he gets things sorted, but for the meantime that should probably be in the VFL. Takes pressure off the team, the coaches and most of all Jeff.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back