List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a lot of names being thrown up, as is normally the case and of course we want every big ticket item...:)

Seems that we may again go down the youth path in the draft this year and would love to bring in a little experience and balance through trading.
In other words, something like last year would be ideal.

Can't help thinking that when the crunch comes in respect to a gun KPP, that we'll get gazumped.
May end up being a second rounder and a suitable player sort of thing, to get a Jaksch ilk player (previous selection 15 - 40 odd)

Just keep seeing Dylan Shiel as a good mid fit. I know he'd demand more than a second rounder/player arrangement but if he does want to leave, as has been suggested, then a Carlton home may be ideal for him.

Everyone want to keep their first rounders and every chance we will but should a better 20-21 y.o. present, why wouldn't you take it?

We have a lot of names being thrown up, as is normally the case and of course we want every big ticket item...:)

Seems that we may again go down the youth path in the draft this year and would love to bring in a little experience and balance through trading.

Can't help thinking that when the crunch comes in respect to a gun KPP, that we'll get gazumped.
May end up being a second rounder and a suitable player sort of thing, to get a Jaksch ilk player (previous selection 15 - 40 odd)

Just keep seeing Dylan Shiel as a good mid fit. I know he'd demand more than a second rounder/player arrangement but if he does want to leave, as has been suggested, then a Carlton home may be ideal for him.

Everyone want to keep their first rounders and every chance we will but should a better 20-21 y.o. present, why wouldn't you take it?

Jaksch's name keeps on popping up for us, how good was he pre-draft and how good is he now Harker?

Height - 196 cm
DOB - 07-10-1994
Weight - 90 kg
Debut - 2013

Kristian Jaksch was drafted with pick 12 from the Oakleigh Chargers in the 2012 NAB AFL Draft. A tall forward who can also play in defence, Jaksch is extremely strong overhead and uses the ball well when in defence. Jaksch is a member of the exclusive group of players who’ve kicked a goal with their first kick in the AFL after debuting against Richmond in Round 22, 2013.

Limited by a knee injury at the start of last season, Jaksch returned to kick some big bags of goals in the NEAFL and ultimately earn his AFL debut in round 22. Registering a goal with his first kick in the seniors, the key-forward prospect played the final two games of the season and will be aiming for more chances this year.

No chance in getting Shiel... If he goes he'll nominate the team he went for as a kid... which is... wait... CARLTON!

If he nominates us we'd have a bit of leeway in the trade. So Shiel for pick 6-8 would be us giving too much given the circumstance. What about this?

Dylan Shiel + Kristian Jaksch for 1st Rounder + Jeff Garlett/Robinson

Well at the end of the day a guy like Shiel probably is worth a first rounder anyway as you'd look at what are the chances of the new kid being better than Shiel. Everyone obv just wants to try to keep first round AND get a gun like Shiel which rarely happens but hey, Brisbane got screwed over pretty bad last year so it could happen :)

The only hope is if nominates us, as that will always get us a favourable deal where just maybe second rounder plus decent player could work

No chance in getting Shiel... If he goes he'll nominate the team he went for as a kid... which is... wait... CARLTON!

If he nominates us we'd have a bit of leeway in the trade. So Shiel for pick 6-8 would be us giving too much given the circumstance. What about this?

Dylan Shiel + Kristian Jaksch for 1st Rounder + Jeff Garlett/Robinson

Despite the hypothetical scenario of Shiel nominating us that is still way too far in our favour...nice try though. I highly doubt Robinson is rated as a player that other clubs would really want as part of a trade.

Shiel & Jaksch for 1st round (Lets say around pick 9), Lucas and them getting a pick upgrade for 3rd round picks. (I still hope we can turn Lucas around...good runner, mark and kick but maybe just doesn't have the mental strength for AFL)

Despite the hypothetical scenario of Shiel nominating us that is still way too far in our favour...nice try though. I highly doubt Robinson is rated as a player that other clubs would really want as part of a trade.

Shiel & Jaksch for 1st round (Lets say around pick 9), Lucas and them getting a pick upgrade for 3rd round picks. (I still hope we can turn Lucas around...good runner, mark and kick but maybe just doesn't have the mental strength for AFL)
I was under the impression Garlett and Robinson would be rated higher than Lucas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like what we did last year. Everitt was just a pick swap, A 2nd rounder for Docherty and Thomas as a FA.
Buckey and Menzel are the big impovers. We lost betts for nothing and traded Hampson for a 2nd rounder.

I think we look at FA frawley would be number one but Mackay would be a cheap option he has pace and a good kick. The swans should be easy picking if they lose the COLA Mitchell or Membrey would be good pick ups. Mitchell IMO would be worth a 2nd round pick same as polec and Docherty was last year. Membrey maybe a our 3rd. To trade our I think garlett, Robinson, Lucas or bootsma but only 2of the 4. We should get a 2nd round pick for each.
I also think we should trade warnock because I don't think him and kreuzer fit well in the same team, warnock might be better in the ruck but kreuzer is 10x better around the ground.
Add to that a fit kreuzer and judd. Hopefully tuohy, Henderson and Thomas have more of a preseason. If bell, graham and cripps can step up like buckey than 2015 should be a good year.

I would not trade our 1st round pick whether we go for a tall or mid they will be a good pick.

The idea of a judd like deal for Cameron is a joke. Judd at the time was the best player in the comp. Cameron has had one good season that doesn't make him a star

I would go for Mitchell from Sydney and see if we can shake a tall from gws.

Gotta keep hitting the draft we don't want to top up like Richmond have been trying to

The only thing tb19 is Kreuzer keeps getting injured

I love the guy but at this stage warnock is a keeper due to the amount of football Kreuzer has missed since his knee injury.

kreuzer is always better on potential but he has so far not yet managed to reach the peaks people had hoped. I'd argue that Warnocks output has been greater in recent years and sometimes you've just got to accept that a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

I would go for Mitchell from Sydney and see if we can shake a tall from gws.

Gotta keep hitting the draft we don't want to top up like Richmond have been trying to

You're right, sort of.

There's a massive difference between potentially recruiting Mitchell and a young GWS tall, and doing a Richmond and recruiting mature rejects from other clubs.

Last year we added:

Dale Thomas, Andrejs Everitt, Sam Docherty, Patrick Cripps and Nick Holman who I'm fairly sure will all play 100+ games for us. That's 6 serious footballers!

Cameron Giles is another tall who we'll have wait and see what happens but Blaine Johnson, Luke Reynolds, the Ciarans and even Wood are good additions to the list.

More of the same in 2014/15!! We'll have some retirements and a heap of cap space opened up too.

The only thing tb19 is Kreuzer keeps getting injured

I love the guy but at this stage warnock is a keeper due to the amount of football Kreuzer has missed since his knee injury.

Kreuzer has been more durable over his career than warnock. kreuzer has played 27 (kreuzer 106/ warnock 79) more games than warnock and is two years younger. Kreuzer played 20 games in 2008, every game 2009, then the first 13 in 2010 before doing his knee. Also the last 12 in 2011, 20 in 2012 and 17 last year, but only 1 this year. Warnock on the other hand played 20 in 2011 his best season other than that was 12 games in 2007, 2010 and last year.
I don't have a problem with warnock, but I don't think kreuzer and warnock will work well together in the same team. Casboult and Rowe are good "back up" rucks and I think Wood could hold down the ruck spot, if kreuzer got injuried. I also think we should add another young ruck to develop.

if we do decide to move on a ruck, what about Kruezer for Mitchell in a straight swap, or Warnock + a later pick for mitchell? Sydney need another ruck man to make impact right away, and we can promote Wood to the seniors.

would this be a fair deal for both sides?

IMO Warnock or Kreuzer are worth more than Mitchell. Warnock for Mitchell plus 2round pick or Kreuzer for Mitchell plus Sydney's first pick. Base on last years trades Warnock and Kreuzer are worth more than Hampson and longer but Mitchell would be worth the same as Docherty, Polec and Yeo.

IMO Warnock or Kreuzer are worth more than Mitchell. Warnock for Mitchell plus 2round pick or Kreuzer for Mitchell plus Sydney's first pick. Base on last years trades Warnock and Kreuzer are worth more than Hampson and longer but Mitchell would be worth the same as Docherty, Polec and Yeo.

Unknown.jpeg
get it done

Also Brent Moloney not getting games at Brisbane, can still play, you'd wonder what his future at the lions is looking like… Could be a good recruit if Juddy retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back