List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron is the real deal , no doubting that .

The price ?? Some sort of combo involving Kruezer , Henderson , Gibbs , 1st round ND pick

If GWS will cop Kruezer as a starting point then lets talk !!

Reality though suggests perhaps a crack at Jaksch , some shrewd trading ala Docherty/Everitt , and just nailing the draft !!

If we can get Jaksch to nominate Carlton as Docherty did , it puts us in the drivers seat .
Again , reality (and his manager) will be telling Jaksch (a melb boy) , his best move career wise would be to come home to melb , and to a club in need of a KPF where serious senior game time awaits .

But would Jaksch get guaranteed playing time? Isn't he a tall defender? We don't need more of those actually with Jamo, Rowe and White in good form, plus Watson and McInness waiting in the wings (and Bootsma but I don't rate him at all).

If he's a tall forward then come on down.

But would Jaksch get guaranteed playing time? Isn't he a tall defender? We don't need more of those actually with Jamo, Rowe and White in good form, plus Watson and McInness waiting in the wings (and Bootsma but I don't rate him at all).

The bolded part probably deserves it's own thread to discuss our stocks of key position defenders and the possible succession planning needed.

He's like Lachie in that he was drafted as a forward but has been playing as a defender since. Lachie played defence with Brisbane and with us after a couple of years. He's probably more of a natural forward but due to GWS having too many KPFs he's forced to develop as a defender to get a game. Which is another topic of conversation - did GWS really need to draft Jaksch & then McCarthy after Boyd, Patton and Cameron. Even Tomlinson is forced to play on the wing.

It will be tough to draw the line through the names of players who have played at least ten games. Rowe, White, Ellard, Robinson, Garlett and Mclean will be in this category. Plus the likes of Lucas, McInnes, Temay, Bell and Graham who might all be uncontracted. Need to be a cold bastard to be a list manager. :straining:

I'd keep most of those.

Robinson, Garlett, Lucas
tradebait.

I'm more interested in gaining decent picks with these guys to use as currency in other trades then the draft itself.

E.g using Hampson's pick on Docherty and Betts compo for Everitt.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using Tapatalk

I'd keep most of those.

Robinson, Garlett, Lucas
tradebait.

I'm more interested in gaining decent picks with these guys to use as currency in other trades then the draft itself.

There was no betts compo coz we got Thomas but I do agree with your general idea.

Alternatively if we can trade up and have 2 first round picks and attack the draft that was I'd be happy.

2 firsts and a third is good for me but 2 firsts and a second would be ideal

Alternatively if we can trade up and have 2 first round picks and attack the draft that was I'd be happy.

2 firsts and a third is good for me but 2 firsts and a second would be ideal

Could get a first pick if we traded Walker to a contender...

Our older blokes are far too loyal though haha

Could get a first pick if we traded Walker to a contender...

Our older blokes are far too loyal though haha

Package Garlett with our 2nd or 3rd should get us a first depending on where that first is located (earlier first would need our 2nd and late round need our 3rd)

I love Garlett but if we can use him to get a KPF and another menzal or mid from the draft I'll be happy.

It will be tough to draw the line through the names of players who have played at least ten games. Rowe, White, Ellard, Robinson, Garlett and Mclean will be in this category. Plus the likes of Lucas, McInnes, Temay, Bell and Graham who might all be uncontracted. Need to be a cold bastard to be a list manager. :straining:

Yeah I feel like last year there was more obvious 'deadwood' on the list to prune. Guys like Mitchell, McCarthy, Davies and while good servants, there was no place for Joseph and Laidler.

I feel this year will be tougher and yes maybe hard calls on some guys like possibly moving on a Cachia, Lucas etc

Yeah I feel like last year there was more obvious 'deadwood' on the list to prune. Guys like Mitchell, McCarthy, Davies and while good servants, there was no place for Joseph and Laidler.

I feel this year will be tougher and yes maybe hard calls on some guys like possibly moving on a Cachia, Lucas etc

Seems likely that Laidler failed his audition vs White, Bootsma and McInnes and keeping White is looking like an astute move.

Lucas I think is unlikely to be with us next year but should get us something in return. Someone has posted that Garlett is likely to leave but his form at the moment does not give much currency although his achievements in the past would make him worth something reasonable.

Keep Robinson. Every team needs a player like him.

If Kreuzer can get healthy I wouldn't mind trading Knockers, upgrading Wood and getting a project young ruckman.

Geeze if we can recruit as well this year as we did last year we will be vastly improved again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd keep most of those.

Robinson, Garlett, Lucas
tradebait.

If Robinson held the ball 1 extra second before he kicked every time, he'd fast become one of our best. His VFL kick quickly without looking for a player / long bombs hold him back. He can pack mark, he's fierce and can play mid / forward / back. Carrazzo was once a terrible kick and hope player, then worked on that area of his game and became (before injury) one of the most relied upon players.

If Robinson held the ball 1 extra second before he kicked every time, he'd fast become one of our best. His VFL kick quickly without looking for a player / long bombs hold him back.

to be fair, he noticeably improved on this in his last couple games.

Walker aint going anywhere. Just signed for 3 years. Meaning he nor the club are thinking of moving him on. Otherwise we would've just left him unsigned & taken the compo.

I wouldn't surprise me if Judd and Mclean were asked to retire. Going through a mini-rebuild, keeping two ageing warhorses isn't a priority.

Along with Duigan, that's the 3 compulsory list changes and, rarely, we have no rookies to upgrade.

From there it turns on free agency and trade week.

I wouldn't surprise me if Judd and Mclean were asked to retire. Going through a mini-rebuild, keeping two ageing warhorses isn't a priority.

Along with Duigan, that's the 3 compulsory list changes and, rarely, we have no rookies to upgrade.

From there it turns on free agency and trade week.

Wouldn't retire McLean. Instead I'd put him on trade table. He could be handy to maybe Hawthorn to replace Sewell for a couple of years or another similar situation somewhere else.

Package Garlett with our 2nd or 3rd should get us a first depending on where that first is located (earlier first would need our 2nd and late round need our 3rd)

I love Garlett but if we can use him to get a KPF and another menzal or mid from the draft I'll be happy.

I don't think he'll get us that much mate. We would be sellers - clubs don't give away 1st rounders. I think Garlett would get us a pick around about the same spot as Hampson tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back