List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

March 86 makes him 28 but that's beside the point. we dont have talent that can support/replace Mclean, thats why we are 4 and 6. hes not the problem at CFC

He certainly isn't losing us games but we need to improve our 2nd stringers if we ever want to build a midfield that can match it with the best.

Rather develop a kid with more upside.

Last edited:
I'd agree, i dont catch enough of the 2nds, but from what I have seen of the kids, except Cripps who will be dynamite, i dont see a midfielder who can become even a B+ grader in the next 2 years

Graham and Cripps. Fairly bullish on these two. Temay, Holman are other names that could surprise.

Bell has upside too but it's a flip of a coin to whether or not he will make it. Menzel and Docherty will likely become midfielders in the future as well.

No doubt that we need to bring in some fresh talent though. I'm thinking long term here though and I can't see Mclean been delisted for awhile yet.

Unfortunately Carlton have nothing of quality to trade for a top player.

Looks like we need to hit the draft and maybe scrag another Docherty type deal if we want anything good.

That's it, all we have is draft picks and a couple of promising prospects that are untouchable.
Hopefully now those in charge pull their heads from their respective arses and stops trading picks for middling players, so we can do this rebuild correctly.

We turned over 9-10 players last year & I'm sure this will happen again this year and to a lesser extent the year after.

The point here is that it takes time to build a list properly so we need to be patient for another couple of years whilst this all takes place and the inept performances continue.

I should also add that we have around 13-14 players who are/will be part of the bigger long-term picture, the rest of them either have glaring deficiencies, are about to retire or will never make it.

So over the next two drafts & trade periods, we need to find 16-17 players with talent, maturity & attitude so we have an overall first-picked depth of 30 players. This is so we can always cover injuries, poor form or suspensions.

The other 14 players on the list will be development players in the seconds who will form the next generation after that.

Delisted Retire for mine.
Scotland
MCInness
Temay
Judd
Ellard or Army
Trade
Robbo
Lucas
Watson
8 player turnover for
2 Young KP players/ 3 Young Mids. 3 mature players 3 of= Jaksch, Tomlinson, Kersten, Tom Mitchell, Shiel, mundy, Plowman, Tarrant, McKernan, Hallahan

Delisted Retire for mine.
Scotland
MCInness
Temay
Judd
Ellard or Army
Trade
Robbo
Lucas
Watson
8 player turnover for
2 Young KP players/ 3 Young Mids. 3 mature players 3 of= Jaksch, Tomlinson, Kersten, Tom Mitchell, Shiel, mundy, Plowman, Tarrant, McKernan, Hallahan

Excellent work there B.A.Y., you are thinking in the same direction I am, the target players at other clubs is always very speculative because no-one knows how it will play out with the other clubs getting involved.

One thing is for certain and that is over the next 2-3 years, the following will be moved on for all of the usual reasons (retire, delist, trade) :

Tom Temay
Denis Armfield
Ed Curnow
Chris Judd - retiring soon
Kade Simpson - retiring soon
Zach Tuohy
Michael Jamison - retiring soon
Sam Rowe
Heath Scotland - has now retired
Levi Casboult
Kane Lucas
Jarryd Cachia
Brock McLean - retire now please
Andrew McInnes
Simon White
Mathew Watson
Bryce Gibbs - mega-trade
Robert Warnock
Josh Bootsma
Andrew Carrazzo - retiring soon
Mitch Robinson
Tom Bell
Jarrod Waite - retiring soon
Jeff Garlett
Mathew Kreuzer - subject to medical advice
David Ellard

Some may argue that Curnow & White are keepers but even so, there is still a large percentage of players under the pump right now.

This is not being negative, just as realistic as possible given the fact we have now been beaten by both Melbourne & Brisbane who were both on the bottom of the ladder at the time. No matter how much a player is liked by the fans, there comes a time where the club has to make some hard calls and we will never ever progress to anything more than a nuisance value mid-lower ranked club if we aren't prepared to make those calls.

It's sad that it has come to this but poor draft choices & trade deals of the past are now forcing our hand even further.

Worst thing about yesterdays loss is that we have another week of media List Managers discussing us.
Had have Yarran been given that free and we scored the goal instead of Brisbane we would have been brave...

Oh dear, it's going to be a long week.

Worst thing about yesterdays loss is that we have another week of media List Managers discussing us.
Had have Yarran been given that free and we scored the goal instead of Brisbane we would have been brave...

v true ... the adelaide game could have easily gone the other way last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very true but we keep bringing it on ourselves which is the most frustrating part about it.

this team can not win easy ... we get 4-5 goals or as in the case yesterday 3 goals up half way thru the last qtr

and it's almost like we can't finish a team off ....

last week against adelaide ... again twice we got 3-4 goals up yet the game went down to the wire

port adelaide round 1, richmond round 2 .... it seem like every week our games are close

v true ... the adelaide game could have easily gone the other way last week

Just the Adelaide game?

You know which part of our season I'm most disappointed about.....................our percentage.

We're not often out of a game completely (Essendon game excluded) but we've never been fully into a game this year to date either.
We haven't won one game where we showed up as boss............not one.

what ? good honest player getting a game ... what more does he want
His manager is probably thinking that if Levi plays the majority of the rest of the season in the seniors & performs well, his negotiating power would be greater than it is at the moment, when he is probably still seen as a fringe player.

An article in today Herald Sun mentions that Casboults management will delay contract talks until the end of the season.

....and there is the problem with some players on our list, finally manage to string a few games together and they get ahead of themselves thinking they are better than what they are. Fringe players calling the shots, give them a reality check and drop them back to the reserves.

An article in today Herald Sun mentions that Casboults management will delay contract talks until the end of the season.

haha, give him 3yrs on the rookie list shows nothing until the last 3 weeks of his contract gets upgraded because we had no one else preforms substandard most weeks but is getting better every week. if he was to leave I would argue he is a bum. doggies were interested a couple of years ago, have fun playing for a team that struggles to pay the salary cap.

Retired: Scotland, Judd, Waite, Carrazzo -- the latter two pushed

Delisted: McLean, Cachia (r), Temay

Trade: Bootsma, Lucas, Robinson

I'd settle for some magic beans for either of those two. Robinson is actually worth something but we should keep him as a positive example to the rest about their bruise free brand of footy.

Bulldogs will likely have a crack IMO.

Would be worth a second rounder now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back