List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the contract situation with Jamison? I rate him as a player but if Carlton won't challenge for another 3 years maybe trading him for the right price could be looked at.

He can be replaced by Henderson who has more longevity. Carlton should use this trade to then find a Key Fwd.

I think he is Carltons best trade bait given he is actual quality and probably the only quality player that is expendable in the long term.

Thoughts?
Jamo just re-signed for 3 years, he wont be going anywhere.

Garlett to SYD to complement their talls for Mitchell & a pick.
Kreuzer to GWS for Shiel & Jaksch (and swap of picks).
Pick a KPF with #1
Retire Brock, Juddy and Waite (after tonight). Carrazzo lucky to get an extension when he did but should retire. Bad list management but trying to avoid too many FA/RFA's this year.
We'll aim for more previous 1st round talent at other clubs not getting a gig. Need more midfielders, and with some quality features (disposal being one).

Garlett to SYD to complement their talls for Mitchell & a pick.
Kreuzer to GWS for Shiel & Jaksch (and swap of picks).
Pick a KPF with #1
Retire Brock, Juddy and Waite (after tonight). Carrazzo lucky to get an extension when he did but should retire. Bad list management but trying to avoid too many FA/RFA's this year.
We'll aim for more previous 1st round talent at other clubs not getting a gig. Need more midfielders, and with some quality features (disposal being one).

Overrating our list much? Why would Sydney give us a pick and Mitchell for Garlett??? More like we would have to include our first and Garlett to get Mitchell.
And the Kruezer one?
Do you really think Sydney and Gws would would be happy with those deals?

Gone - Scotto, duigs
On the way out - McLean, carrazzo, Waite(prob go again), judd (I think HE will decide to hang em up)
Thin thin ice - ellard, Rowe Lucas
Trade bait - jeffy, robbo, warnock, Lucas

2015 line up

Bucks - jamo - 2e
Simmo Watson Mcinnes
Thomas- Gibbs yarran
Walker hendo Everitt
Jeffy cas menz
Kruz murph doc
Cripps robbo curnow graham

Key forward and mid should be our targets
If we can't get a key fwd keep Waite for one more year.
If we can get 3 goals out of jeffy per game he ain't going anywhere

Last edited:
Overrating our list much? Why would Sydney give us a pick and Mitchell for Garlett??? More like we would have to include our first and Garlett to get Mitchell.
And the Kruezer one?
Do you really think Sydney and Gws would would be happy with those deals?

Pick from us to them, I should have stated. Lower pick from us to their higher pick with regards to Sydney & favourable swap with GWS for their gain. PSD also a possibility with nominated salary and some serious coin in our pockets with retirements. Though something should be kept for Tomlinson in 2015.

Retire Judd you say?

If there is anyone who gets to call his own day it's him. Waite agreed and trades a bit 50/50 on.

Too much coin deployed on CJ. Serious drop in salary required ($300K mark) or goodbye for the betterment of the list. Duigan, Scotland, Judd, Waite, Carrazzo, McLean. A lot of experience departing but I think we'd aim for players with 2-3yrs experience to build the list on. Simpson, Warnock, Walker, Murphy, Armfield would be the elder statesmen with a string of 25yr olds needing to take the reins in leadership (Hendo, Gibbs, Everitt, Curnow, Tuohy etc).

Judd already took a massive cut if I recall correctly about a year ago, he's on nowhere near the coin he originally got. I think our gap is between the 21-24 year gap so we do seem to agree there. McLean may be pretty cheap too.

Think Judd is still our highest paid player.....????? some cut in wage last year but still taking way too much in the scheme of things, especially when trying to bring better players to the club.

Think Judd is still our highest paid player.....????? some cut in wage last year but still taking way too much in the scheme of things, especially when trying to bring better players to the club.
Not these days. Murphy & Gibbs would be receiving more than Judd, as is Thomas. I think you will find Kreuzer is close as well following his decision to knock back a large offer from the Giants.

What people sometimes forget is that Judd's initial contract was heavily frontloaded, so when he took a cut at the time of signing his new contract, he was cutting from a relatively low base.

I think we may surprised re: the pecking order. Reckon CJ would still be on +$800K despite his significant pay cut. Visy is included within the cap.
Gibbs & Kreuzer would have both been bolstered by GWS approaches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But I thought Judd was on a one year contract; his previous contract had the big cash...

I wouldn't imagine remuneration would be a factor. Chris knows his longevity. I'm sure he'd rather be remembered as an all time great than as someone who played one too many seasons because he didn't know when to hang up the boots.

Judd's contract was front loaded. If he was on a million the first year he was down to 5-600,000 k in the last year. He took a further cut on the next contract so I think he is down to 300,000 as a rough estimate. Which is probably a non issue.

Another 'average' game from Henderson, this is where he is at as a forward. Thats his output what we saw tonight

As a backman hes very valuable, and if the opportunity comes to put him on the table for a GWS forward, we are nuts not to take it
First point: Henderson isn't right after having a knee operation in late January. Three goals plus his assist for Garlett isn't a poor return.

Second point: You're off your ****ing rocker if you think we will trade a KPP to get a KPP. It would be like Essendon trading Heppell to get a Wines to take over from Watson. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Cameron is the ready made forward. The most ready made forward there is.
Contracted.

First point: Henderson isn't right after having a knee operation in late January. Three goals plus his assist for Garlett isn't a poor return.

Second point: You're off your ******* rocker if you think we will trade a KPP to get a KPP. It would be like Essendon trading Heppell to get a Wines to take over from Watson. Robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Contracted.

And refusing to extend and reportedly looking to come home, not happy with the giants. If he's put on the trade table he's a must get for us

And it's far from 'like for like'. Cameron is a much more promising forward and is already a better forward than Henderson (and obviously younger)

Henderson out and Cameron in is a massive list improvement

I was paying particular notice to Warnock today. Watching it live. And he really offers jack shit around the ground. Hitouts... fantastic. Thats it though. I'd make a wager that we'd benefit more from a ruckman who can pick a ball up below his knees, lay a shepherd and will the contested ball. Wish we had one of them. Oh wait. Kruezer once he comes back must play 1st choice ruck. Warnock traded or 2s.
I'm back to missing Matty again.

Where is the Robbie from the Dogs game?

Look like Carlton are back in bottom four contention now when I look at our run home whether we like it or not.

Collingwood, Port, Essendon, Hawthorn, Geelong 2x, Freo, GC and Sydney at the SCG.
Only a matter of hours until the 'Carlton should let Gibbs walk for a top 5 pick' come out again...

Only a matter of hours until the 'Carlton should let Gibbs walk for a top 5 pick' come out again...

No doubt. Either way I just want us to play more kids now and push out guys like Carazzo and Mclean out of the midfield.

Can't wait to see Menz and Doc develop as well.

Lucas, Graham and other kids aren't being played for a reason.
McLean still serviceable and I would keep.

And jeffy needs support and guidance, he's a gun, why trade for a snot nosed kid who may be ok.

re Bootsma, put a rocket up his arse or send him home. Next year it's 20 years since this proud club won a flag. Many of our current supporters don't understand how disheartening that is.
All this talk of swapping out for 2nd round picks etc reminds me of supporters we used to tease. Bring the pride and the heart back to Carlton, someone please.

it a shame but the Blues are pretty well ....ed.

* we havent been the same since Aaron missed that goal and we lost to Melbourne, and that is a long long time ago

Lucas, Graham and other kids aren't being played for a reason.
McLean still serviceable and I would keep.

And jeffy needs support and guidance, he's a gun, why trade for a snot nosed kid who may be ok.

re Bootsma, put a rocket up his arse or send him home. Next year it's 20 years since this proud club won a flag. Many of our current supporters don't understand how disheartening that is.
All this talk of swapping out for 2nd round picks etc reminds me of supporters we used to tease. Bring the pride and the heart back to Carlton, someone please.

it a shame but the Blues are pretty well ....ed.

* we havent been the same since Aaron missed that goal and we lost to Melbourne, and that is a long long time ago

When your 4 and 6 with kids dominating the two's than 29 yr old players who are "serviceble" need to be moved on.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back