List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

An article in today Herald Sun mentions that Casboults management will delay contract talks until the end of the season.
No it doesn't. It said both club and player will wait until the end of the year.

No it doesn't. It said both club and player will wait until the end of the year.

Just checked and it's kind of ambiguous but there was certainly no mention of the club.

"Another McConville client, Carlton forward Levi Casboult, is also likely to wait for contract talks."

Would be a shame to lose Casboult. If results continue, I can see the media latching onto a Carlton exodus theme come trade week.

Just checked and it's kind of ambiguous but there was certainly no mention of the club.

"Another McConville client, Carlton forward Levi Casboult, is also likely to wait for contract talks."

Another McConville client, Carlton’s Levi Casboult, is also likely to wait until later in the year until contract talks.

He is thrilled to be playing regular football under Mick Malthouse, with both parties content to consider his position later in the season.

I can only assume that you are reading a later edition of the herald sun than i am as the quote i gave was the only thing mentioned about Casboult in the article i am reading. Quite possibly the bolded part you highlighted was added later. That just doesn't appear at all in my copy of the paper.

Just the Adelaide game?

You know which part of our season I'm most disappointed about.....................our percentage.

We're not often out of a game completely (Essendon game excluded) but we've never been fully into a game this year to date either.
We haven't won one game where we showed up as boss............not one.

Our team refuses to put a team to the sword! Must be too much effort to play four quarters.

Nicest team in the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how many times we simply stop running or allow easy goals with piss weak defensive efforts though.

Again, I'm not sure if that's laziness on the part of the players, or just simply that they're not good enough to stop those goals.

Untouchables
Murphy
Menzel
Simpson
Buckley
Yarran
Henderson
Docherty

No such thing as an "untouchable", there is a price for every player so you may be better off calling them "unlikely". We really need to stockpile our quality young players and add to that list as the older guys start retiring over the next few years.

Strange call on Simpson (who is now 29yo), even though you would never want to offload him, classifying him as a player who cannot be traded does seem counterproductive.

No such thing as an "untouchable", there is a price for every player so you may be better off calling them "unlikely". We really need to stockpile our quality young players and add to that list as the older guys start retiring over the next few years.

Strange call on Simpson (who is now 29yo), even though you would never want to offload him, classifying him as a player who cannot be traded does seem counterproductive.

You trade Simpson and you rip whatever heart is left at the club out.

I don't disagree with that hence the reason why I said you'd never want to offload him but at 29yo, if an opposition club were to make an offer for him that gave us significant benefit, right now, the club would have to take it.

Unless they offer you a Cameron, Treloar etc for Simpson (which they obviously won't) - I don't think we can ever afford to trade Simpson.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2014: The List

Remove this Banner Ad

Back