List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would much rather have Merrett than Waite. We need a gorrilla back there. Hawks traded in Lake and Gibson to shore up their defense. Don't really know much about JOR. Anyone seen himplay much? Is he a good bloke? Can he turn snags on a barbie? Did he barrack for North as a kid?

Holy God this just occurred to me.

As LA has been delisted, who the f will be the new "sweetener"??

Obviously we've got the old timers in the 3rd and 4th round picks, but we need a heir to the LA/Urquhart Sweetener Throne!!

Is it Adams?? I bet Adams or Nahas if he gets another season! Maybe Currie??

Would much rather have Merrett than Waite. We need a gorrilla back there. Hawks traded in Lake and Gibson to shore up their defense. Don't really know much about JOR. Anyone seen himplay much? Is he a good bloke? Can he turn snags on a barbie? Did he barrack for North as a kid?

Parents own a towel manufacturing business I believe.

Please name this one third you are referring to. You are aware that we made it to a prelim final aren't you??

Pfft details.

I mean only champion players ever win flags ever.

Its not as if a player like Mitch Morton could come into a side and play a significant role on grand final day.

Holy God this just occurred to me.

As LA has been delisted, who the f will be the new "sweetener"??

Obviously we've got the old timers in the 3rd and 4th round picks, but we need a heir to the LA/Urquhart Sweetener Throne!!

Is it Adams?? I bet Adams or Nahas if he gets another season! Maybe Currie??

Not delisted yet, we can still go at it

L.A. + 1st rounder + 3rd rounder

For

JOR + Frost

Pfft details.

I mean only champion players ever win flags ever.

Its not as if a player like Mitch Morton could come into a side and play a significant role on grand final day.
Spanger could. Varcoe could. Dureya could. None of them are champions.

41813_142073069161245_9977_n.jpg

Oh really.........would like to hear your justification for getting Waite, unless we have an overwhelming need for a 31yo inconsistent player who is regularly injured or suspended? Pure madness!!!!!!:eek:

Not too mention there is no spot for him, Ben Brown, Aaron Black & Drew Petrie are pretty much the forward talls, and I haven't even mentioned Daw or Tarrant. He could replace Hansen I suppose, lol:rolleyes:
How about having someone who improves our best 22 and makes sure that our forwards are earning their spots. If Ben brown is down jack all year next year but still playing because of "team balance", because let's face it I don't think daw is getting on the park any time soon, ditto Tarrant, then it will be nice to be able to drop him to the magoos to find some form. Or what of an injury to one of our only 3 forwards? It might be handy to have someone who can come in and not completely fluff it.

I think one of the biggest destroyers of player potential is having to shoulder too big a load too soon.

Think also of the confidence that black and brown will get if they are playing every week, knowing that it's not just because there is no one to replace them.

Sorry it became a bit of a rant ;)

Tl; Dr Waite improves our best 22 by either playing himself, or by forcing our other forwards to improve in order maintain a spot in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll crack the champers when a player pursued by more than one 'real' club (sure thing Higgins ;)) chooses North.

At the moment we're getting dances from the girls no one else wants to ask.

Yeah well they're normally the ones with more to prove and go harder at the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back