List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Free agency has nothing to do with how long a player has been at a club and everything to do with when their contract expires. Levi's expires today.

I can't believe I am still going over this with you
picard.gif
This has got decidedly boring for me. Links have been posted, almost everyone to a man, has told you that you are wrong on this.... Yet you continue to deny, and divert... Are you sure you aren't a * fan?? You exhibit some of their skill set. Free agency has EVERYTHING to do with years served. Levi is NOT a free agent, is NOT eligible to be a free agent, and will NOT become a free agent.... Unless of course NMFC delist him, which for the life of me I can't see happening. Unless you can prove all of us wrong with something that resembles a creditable source then maybe let it go big guy...

This has got decidedly boring for me. Links have been posted, almost everyone to a man, has told you that you are wrong on this.... Yet you continue to deny, and divert... Are you sure you aren't a * fan?? You exhibit some of their skill set. Free agency had EVERYTHING to do with years served. Levi is NOT a free agent, is NOT eligible to be a free agent, and will NOT become a free agent.... Unless of course NMFC delist him, which for the life of me I can't see happening. Unless you can prove all of us wrong with something that resembles a creditable source then maybe let it go big guy...

Will agree to disagree bud.

North have to take a few risks to get anywere some work out some dont but the positive thing is players frm other clubs are seeing north as an attractive and rising club!

Free agency has nothing to do with how long a player has been at a club and everything to do with when their contract expires. Levi's expires today.

I can't believe I am still going over this with you
picard.gif
But in the rules of the AFL, if his contract expired today, that would make him an uncontracted player, not a free agent.
He is not free to walk into any club that he wants to go to without a trade or draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You think this thread is growing quickly? This thread going from 200 to 2000 will be like Gilchrist going from 50 to 100 in the 06/07 Ashes Test in Perth once the trade/FA period actually starts.

One decent controversial rumour away from it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have to take a few risks to get anywere some work out some dont but the positive thing is players frm other clubs are seeing north as an attractive and rising club!

I'll crack the champers when a player pursued by more than one 'real' club (sure thing Higgins ;)) chooses North.

At the moment we're getting dances from the girls no one else wants to ask.

But in the rules of the AFL, if his contract expired today, that would make him an uncontracted player, not a free agent.
He is not free to walk into any club that he wants to go to without a trade or draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, but careful common sense and actual bringing up facts and rules could open a can of crazy arguments with this one.

Welcome to 200 :)

Ok now thats out of the way.

Surely we must be able to put an attractive offer to JOR, more so than the Hawks or Saints.

Games available in 2015 in a team making a run at the cup, if your up to it. If not a year to settle and get the body right. In the short term future best 22 slots open as Boomer and Wells hang up the boots, we want you to fill one of those to keep the window open with our stars in JZ, Cunners, Ats, Black, Brown etc.

The thought has to excite the Kid.

41813_142073069161245_9977_n.jpg

Oh really.........would like to hear your justification for getting Waite, unless we have an overwhelming need for a 31yo inconsistent player who is regularly injured or suspended? Pure madness!!!!!!:eek:

Not too mention there is no spot for him, Ben Brown, Aaron Black & Drew Petrie are pretty much the forward talls, and I haven't even mentioned Daw or Tarrant. He could replace Hansen I suppose, lol:rolleyes:

Will Be 32 before he plays a game next year

In isolation it looks bad but it isn't that simple. We can't judge our trade period until next season.

4 years would be the longest contract weve ever offered.

You'd hope Higgins is still in form by his 2nd or 3rd years, otherwise we're looking at a signifcant list clogger.

Need a big key back still. Unless Drew or Waite go back but still isn't the answer to buddy or hawkins. Waite, Petrie, Brown as fwds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back