List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="R00StaR, post: 35584108, member: 6511"
The Academies i have an issue with, they seem a massive advantage.[/QUOTE]

How does the Academy works? Can North build their own Academy in Hobart?

AFL doesn't give a shit about Tasmania.

They are there to provide more cheap talent to NSW and QLD teams.

Q

It's a branch off bluey. You said McStay. I said McStaying. Since I'm a good bloke I'll cut you in on the $$$
Cheers Brett. Just a few bucks will do as it is more the damage to reputation than the cash. For a while there I thought I was the funnest guy in town only to discover I was like some B-grade stand up comedian doing the same material as everyone else. And then McStay trumps all of us with jokes on himself. It's a bloody conspiracy. :mad:

Well that was boring...

On another note you can tell james tird is back, trying to royally **** over everyone else around him while he sits back with a smug grin. You will get what's coming to you scum.

AFL may abandon free agency compo - https://tinyurl.com/pa3zapv

THE AFL could abandon compensation for unrestricted free agents next year under a review of the system that has angered many clubs.
The league and player union will undertake a comprehensive review of the entire free agency system after the third season of the player movement mechanism.

Amid industry complaints about the inequity of the system, all options are on the table.

Melbourne received pick three for departing free agent James Frawley, Carlton nothing for Jarrad Waite and Sydney a second-round pick for Nick Malceski (pick 39).

Brisbane chief executive Greg Swann told the Herald Sun the league must simplify free agency compensation or abandon it.

“It’s confusing. No one seems to know how they get to where they get to with the selections,’’ he told the Herald Sun.

“There needs to be a formula everyone knows so you can determinate what you will get before it happens.

“Or maybe we just get rid of compensation full stop. Then if you lose a player you go out and try to get another one.

“At the moment there is too much guesswork. We need to make it transparent of get rid of (compensation).”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cant-reach-trade/story-fn69a32t-1227084250097

COLLINGWOOD has told superstar midfielder Dayne Beams he should prepare to play at the club against his wishes next season as hopes of a trade to Brisbane fade.

Dayne Beams wants to join brother Claye and Brisbane.

Both the Pies and the Lions yesterday confirmed to the Herald Sun they were unwilling to concede on their trade demands, leaving talks deadlocked ahead of Collingwood’s self-imposed deadline tomorrow afternoon.

Collingwood head of football Rodney Eade said the club had emphatically shut down any prospect of swapping its 2012 best and fairest winner for Lions’ picks No. 5 and No. 25.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...cant-reach-trade/story-fn69a32t-1227084250097

COLLINGWOOD has told superstar midfielder Dayne Beams he should prepare to play at the club against his wishes next season as hopes of a trade to Brisbane fade.

Dayne Beams wants to join brother Claye and Brisbane.

Both the Pies and the Lions yesterday confirmed to the Herald Sun they were unwilling to concede on their trade demands, leaving talks deadlocked ahead of Collingwood’s self-imposed deadline tomorrow afternoon.

Collingwood head of football Rodney Eade said the club had emphatically shut down any prospect of swapping its 2012 best and fairest winner for Lions’ picks No. 5 and No. 25.
And Collingwood fans say they club is easy to deal with:rolleyes:.

Its time we play hard ball with the pies for Levi
Question for all if a deal can not be made is there a chance we can keep him or will he walk ??????????

If the AFL let this happen then it will become a regular part of trade week. Surely you can't allow this to happen.
It will.

Next year when Cartlon are on the botttom of the ladder call the crows or Port up.
CB - Do you have cap space.
AC - Yes
CB - Got 500K for Gibbs?
AC - Yes
CB - Give us your 2nd pick and pay him 500K for 4 years and we will release him.
AFL gives them pick 2 in the draft.
Then they go call every top team in Vic to do so with Murphy. Have every team with cap space bid for him. Get the best pick or player they can and get pick 3 as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When was the last time a player didn't end up where he wanted to go in the offseason?

Well...there was Buddy, who was desperate to get to GWS, but ended up having to go to Sydney...

And before that was Kurt Tippett, who was trying to get to Brisbane, but ended up having to go to...

.....oh I see what happened there now :(

If the AFL allow this to go through I think the shit will hit the fan BIG TIME! Why can't the cheats understand that the reason that no port player wants to be traded to them is because they are a basket case????? How can they be compensated with a draft pick, to offset the loss of a player whose contract is voided because they breached his contract due to lack of duty of care?!?!?!?

Look at the following chart, those picks are very hit and miss. Greenwood has just been signed for 4 years with probably 6 years left in him at roughly $450k/y. Well above average wages, so its fair to assume they're expecting above average AFL games and probably around 150 games.

Levi was from a draft pick not to dissimilar from those picks, looking at the chart what are the odds of finding another one? For mine its at least a 3 to 1 chance, but 2 picks is way over? Then we have to spend probably $500k, 2-3 years and 2 lists spots on the 2 kids to even find out if they might make it.

Maybe im dreaming, but for mine 25 and 30 are more than reasonable given the stats.

draft-picks-and-games-played2.jpg

Hey mate, Nice looking graph but you do realise there is the last 6 years of data not even on it.

Also why even compare the results from drafts in 80's & 90's with 2014 AFL draft where now with camps and

clubs having so many full time staff in that area. If you think the strike rate now is the same as the 90's then no wonder

you are happy to use the above as evidence.

Dear Terry Tan,

Why you no say "Locked and Loaded" yet?

:(

I think that this is potentially an idea worth pursuing.

More broadly we get in cahoots with Hawthorn to create a Tasmanian Academy.

Let me sound like Reacher for a second and pose a historical hypothetical.....

In 2006 if we had access to a Tasmanian academy under the way they currently work we could have stitched up Jack Riewoldt with our second round pick taking that the tiggers had a later first round than what we did and would have been the only ones to bid.

If we had him stitched up we probably would have punted on Selwood at 3.

I love Lachie.

I think Riewoldt is talented but is also a lazy petulant child at times.

If we had got Selwood and Riewoldt out of the same draft it would have been winning by so far its not funny.

*Edit knowing our luck we'd have nominated Mitch Thorp and lost out anyway.

Same question for you then.....
What are the club waiting for? If he is done then surely it would have been announced????
Probably to do all officially at once. Why do multiple updates when you can just do one at the end of trade period?

Same question for you then.....
What are the club waiting for? If he is done then surely it would have been announced????
I would say what B Tron has said - after trade ends next weeks 16th then all the picks & indicative draft order will be finalised then they will delist .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back