List Mgmt. 2014 Trade and Free Agency Targets Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a sinner for saying this but would we do Greenwood for Dangerfield in a trade? I think the upside is only marginal from that trade for us but is it enough to be worth losing Greenwood?
tough one.....levi clearly deserving of a substantial pay rise....but danger would still command double levi's pay....purely financially could keep levi, and get another top liner for the same price as danger.......the question is, does levi want to return to adealaide???? how much would adelaide be prepared to pay him? If they are offering him silly money,,,,id say well done mate, you deserve it, all the best. But now they've sacked sando, there's a lot of uncertainty. why would levi want to go to a coach less (and therefore directionless club) unless for a huge pile of cash????? Danger has more incentive to leave!...Port on the up and more likely a destination for levi,,,,,perhaps,,,,but I'm still of the opinion he remains a rooboy of the highest order.

this so called rumour...."north fans prepare to go wow",,,,any reliable sources. Merrett wouldn't make me go wow. Dangerfield probably would. Ablett who says he's yet to sign and will do so in a few weeks (i.e. after the finals) time surely would as well. Whats he holding out for???? a buddy 9 year deal??? Or is it all bull sh1t.

In truth my first thought was Mitch Clarke.

If he's coming back somebody tapped him up.

If we've gone cold on Waite it could be a factor...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but that seems contradictory to me.

Well, if you lose a good player, anyone coming in will impact the compensation you get. Say you lost a Carey like player to free agency, you would be looking at a first round pick compensation, if you then go and pick a mediocre free agent, ie a Betts they will knock down the compensation from first round to maybe end of first round. You don't really want to be taking a free agent in a year you lose a decent player to free agency so losing someone puts you on the back foot.

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
26 mins ·
It's been revealed that the Adelaide Leadership group were a main reason behind Brenton Sanderson's sacking.

The leadership approached the Adelaide board shortly after the best and fairest, and voiced concern about the clubs direction, in particularly under Sanderson.

It's understood that Patrick Dangerfield's opinion was strongly taken into consideration, with thoughts the 2015 restricted free agent had sourced offers via his management about a move to a Victorian club either in this trade period, or via free agency next year.

With the Crows keen to extend Dangerfield's contract beyond next year, the removal of Sanderson as coach is said to be a "step in the right direction" to Dangerfield remaining at West Lakes.

I reckon Liam Anthony will be offered up us trade bait, especially to either West Coast or Freo as he's a WA boy... Given that Bastinac has been somewhat on the outer this year I wouldn't be surprised if his name gets thrown around too... Although I like him and want him to stay..
Anthony as "bait"......i reckon we've had that on the hook for a few years, even the lake eildon carp have turned their noses up.

It would be unfair if Nahas doesn't get another opportunity. He was playing well pre his injury with his defensive tackling pressure and goal awareness. I don't think he is a clear cut straight up 22 in the long term, and he'll have to work for it in the short term with guys like Turner performing, but he is easily worth keeping.
tend to agree,,,BUT he is very limited in the roles he can fill.....on limited performance this year he deserves another year....BUT, the question is, will the young guys he's competing with for a spot in the side go past him in 2015??? I think thats a very strong yes. Turner to play 22. Garner, Dumont, and Wood well ahead. Harper who knows if he is injury free. Delaney and Tarrant if injury free surely yes. Mckenzie? maybe maybe not. Adams and/or basting...I don't think so. He's a slightly built, mature age player with a very limited position capability in the age of player flexibility. He knows that, north knows that, and this year truly a gift to him and he's done nothing wrong. BUT the reality is, and harsh as it may be, his position in the squad will come down to depth and what we get if any via trade and/or free agency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

forgetting about contracts for a second who should we cut?

Daniel Currie - Goldy back up as a ruck will stay, if we cut him we'd just be looking for another lower league player to take the back up ruck role. Unless it is someone who is ridiculously better I cannot see it happening.

Brad McKenzie - Is his kicking enough to keep him on the list? Doesn't get a lot of it, are we looking at another Harper type situation? Looks lost often.

Ryan Bastinac - Not fringe, I do wonder what his value on the trade table would be. But I am doubtful he's going anywhere

Liam Anthony - Gone

Ben Jacobs - most in the side fringe player we have. was building prior to the Elim final and then had Deer in headlight moments. will retain I would have thought.

Michael Firrito - Will he go on? He's not fringe currently but he was last year.

Leigh Adams- Probably not viewed as fringe anywhere but by some posters on this board. Has been carried through parts of this year

Trent Dumont - Not fringe, developing in the VFL. If it was 3 years ago this kid would have debuted this year. Probably could have anyway.

Nathan Grima - Not fringe, consistent body issues expect to stay, expect also to get pushed out if better options arise.

Sam Wright - Playing his best footy for the club. would love to see a season of footy from him at his current output.

Kieran Harper - I see parallels between him and McKenzie. I was convinced this kid was gold, now I dunno if he will ever pull on the blue and white again.

Robbie Tarrant - I have little confidence of seeing Taz back. Perhaps it is that I have convinced myself that the reason we played him so underdone in the Crows game was that the decsion was either it'll stand up or it won't. It didn't. Kid has been through all sorts of hell with his body and I am not sure that it'll ever be up to the rigors of AFL week in week out.

Taylor Hine - Gone

Taylor Garner - worlds longest hamstring injury. Who knows how far away he is from AFL footy after a year off.

Robin Nahas - cost SFA, has bought into the club, can play a role. Keep.

Tom Curran - Rumours he's gonna retire from the game. foot is f***ed. its a pity. probably gone

Cameron Delaney - I have a question and it may seem pretty callous. He's been listed for 2 seasons as having a toe issue. Would recover time be shorter if they just cut it off? Stays, needs to get on the park and stay on the park.

Mason Wood - Stays, could have played more this year.

Mitch Wilkins - Gone

Joel Tippett - Possibility to get upgraded, may taking Narni's spot if his body fails again.

Kayne Turner - We'd riot if this kid went anywhere. Has stepped up through finals. What we have not seen is him at AFL consistently, in that regard he is an unknown quantity.

Aaron Mullett - I wonder what his issue has been this year. Went from chocolates to boiled lollies in the space of a season. long goals on the booming left foot are a thing to behold, getting done holding the ball from the kick out not so much.

Scott McMahon - Will we finish this bloke up with a year to run on his contract? perhaps we urquhart him.

Ben Brown - See Turner. Looks a player, only played what 10 games?

The biggest conundrum on the list

Majak Daw - Who knows regarding off field so we can leave that shit alone. Has Ben Brown taken the role Maj was looking to fill? Could you play Maj in the same side as Brown? What effect will the ankle have?

The players not listed I do not consider fringe.
Currie????? Maj as a pure back up ruck man???? personally think offers more.

Our de-Melbournification count is 0 from 1 and I don't fancy trying again anytime soon with a less than sure thing.
yeah and nah....have it from an inside source from day 1 gysberts wasn't one of the boys, was soft and just didn't fit in,,,,,,was probably a free option i.e/ clearly had talent, take him and a draft upgrade for pedersen who wanted out and wouldn't get a game anyway! I'd hope due diligence would be a little more thorough on Sam Bleeds.

this so called rumour...."north fans prepare to go wow",,,,any reliable sources. Merrett wouldn't make me go wow. Dangerfield probably would. Ablett who says he's yet to sign and will do so in a few weeks (i.e. after the finals) time surely would as well. Whats he holding out for???? a buddy 9 year deal??? Or is it all bull sh1t.

What is this about Ding l must have missed this?

9 hrs ·
Mitch Robinson may have found two potential suitors, with North Melbourne and Hawthorn signalling interest in the maligned forward/midfielder. (Source: Brett Anderson)

I swear to god.. if this is even remotely true.

Edit: Apparently could be a misquote. May be a team UP north. Not North. Which backs up a mates claim they're interested in him at the lions... cross fingers.

9 hrs ·
Mitch Robinson may have found two potential suitors, with North Melbourne and Hawthorn signalling interest in the maligned forward/midfielder. (Source: Brett Anderson)

I swear to god.. if this is even remotely true.

Edit: Apparently could be a misquote. May be a team UP north. Not North.
biggest meat head in the afl. and isnt even that good.

will be furious if he is seen in royal blue and white, what the hell does this guy have to offer?

biggest meat head in the afl. and isnt even that good.

will be furious if he is seen in royal blue and white, what the hell does this guy have to offer?
Passable tagger when he's not suspended... about it.

It seems we are interested in every player available for trade these days.
Seems the Robinson one may just be a misquote.

But I think its a good sign that we're looking around rather than relying solely on the draft. Indicates the club believes it has done the work through the draft and is in a position to challenge over the next couple of years so trying to address ready made filling of roles.

It seems we are interested in every player available for trade these days.
its good that we have our foot in the door, but players who we just dont need ie. robinson is just a waste of time. blease is worth a go. he has pace. and he has been developed in the worst football club for developing juniors. If his attitude is right, coupled with his attributes, we could have ourselves a player.

TBH not sure that matters and I doubt there's huge money between those three. IF any other Club has an interest and North are looking to off load ( which realistically should be at least one) am sure the contract would be taken over by another Club.

And if no other club is interested not sure why we'd keep them all on?

If they're contracted, then we pretty much have to keep them on, unless they break their contract or are misbehaving in some sense, or we are able to find a trade for them. Clubs just don't generally dump players before their contracts are up unless they've been doing something seriously wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back