2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit of talk around the streets of Melbourne that Dayne Beams might be ready to head home. Has a year left on his contract so would not come cheaply. Also at end of next season does he become a restricted free agent? Maybe Collingwood would be interested in getting something for him at end of this season instead of getting just a comp pick ( if they are still about) end of next season. Surely the opportunity to play with Claye would be enticing. Think we would all be wrapped to get ourselves an A Grade mid with plenty of experience.

I would be seriously pi55ed if Martin was to leave.

On the flipped side totally happy and more than a little shocked if we get Beams, be more than happy to get him at the end of next year as a free agent.

Nah who am i kidding, i'd be happy to get him at the end of this year too :).

More talk on the town that Courtney Dempsey may want to head home after some internal troubles with family. Would the Lions have a look at him?

I think we would for the right price, realistically. We're light on experience and he'd be handy.

Opinions were split last time he was brought up (page 13 or so?) but I reckon the club would have a look at him if he wanted to leave the Dons and come to us. It doesn't happen often :p

I would be seriously pi55ed if Martin was to leave.

On the flipped side totally happy and more than a little shocked if we get Beams, be more than happy to get him at the end of next year as a free agent.

Nah who am i kidding, i'd be happy to get him at the end of this year too :).
I wonder what kind of response l would geT if I went onto the collingwood board and asked them if it was true about the rumours

If Beams does want to leave then we should wait a year. Don't want to give McGuire anything
I am not sure. Just get him straight away, his thoughts about leaving might change next year. Taking beams away would hurt him plenty.plus next we need to show the young guys especially aish that we are improving. Beams would do that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Dempsey for 3rd round pick or in the pre season draft. He provides plenty of outside run and dash. Hopefully his body will hold up in the second part of his career. Just on Beams, free agency is the only way I would acquire him. Say we land pick 2 I would be happy to part with that for Mitchell and Reid. Sydney will hold a fire sale because they can't keep all these players and play them unders!

Say we land pick 2 I would be happy to part with that for Mitchell and Reid. Sydney will hold a fire sale because they can't keep all these players and play them unders!

Wasn't there a Swans poster who said Mitchell is contracted until next year? Plus Reid I'm certain is still contracted for a while, not to mention pick 2 for two AFL ready players is well unders.

Wasn't there a Swans poster who said Mitchell is contracted until next year? Plus Reid I'm certain is still contracted for a while, not to mention pick 2 for two AFL ready players is well unders.
What about buddy? His contract is up soon, isn't it?

On Beams the 'go-home' factor is complicated by the fact that GC are a more attractive option and are close enough to home. Hopefully playing with his brother is more attractive than the 'attractions' of the Goldie.

On Beams the 'go-home' factor is complicated by the fact that GC are a more attractive option and are close enough to home. Hopefully playing with his brother is more attractive than the 'attractions' of the Goldie.

In the next year or 2 we'll be the only ones that can afford him you'd hope. Given how many guns the Suns have on their list.

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back