2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

That really threw me. He's spent the last two years struggling to get a game, and more than likely he's committed himself to spending the next two years struggling to get a game.

Now what on earth can Hawthorn offer in trade for a number 2 draft pick?
Must be a player swap, surely. Pick 19 doesn't seem to be enough, though he has struggled to get a game. Maybe Lowden and 19?

Surprised it's that high to be honest. They are pretty savage on the compo generally, particularly if the player is older than 24-25 (James Frawley excepted).

Yeah, but the team who got him still felt he has at least 3 good years for half a million. And he's coming off an All Australian year as well as making the squad quite a few times from memory. I would have thought that he'd get at least end of round one. I don't see a great deal of consistency in the compo picks.

Malceski was AA this year - and got a 3 year deal on supposedly good money (what ^^ he said!!). Age is the factor that dropped him from Round 1 to Round 2 in comparison to others on similar big money deals.

also Sydney can't complain too much given they get a draft bargain in Heeney this year.

Malceski compo sets an interesting precedent for Patfull in a way. similar age, similar pedigree although Patfull a bit less geally given playing in a poor side more than anything. Patfull for a pick in mid 20's.

Yeah I can see why they really reduce the compo for over 30s.

You can't have clubs cashing out all their 30 year olds for high picks every year. The draft would be horribly compromised.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Barrett is reporting That Collingwood is very keen on the possibility of GWS Giants midfielder Adam Treloar being part of the Dayne Beams deal.

Don't know what to believe with this bloke.

Treloar is highly ranked with GWS

Damien Barrett is the male vision of Caro. Minutes later GWS said it was rubbish

Damien Barrett is the male vision of Caro. Minutes later GWS said it was rubbish

Caroline Wilson is a million times better than pretty much most AFL journos. In fact, one of the few impartial and accurate reporters that I actually rate.

IMO Barrett doesn't hold a candle to Wilson.

Patfull and crisp to gws for pick number 2. Pick 4 + greenwood for beams. We use pick two for one of petrecca or mccartin whichever st kilda doesn't take. At this stage mccartin. Merret moves back to defence. We are massive winners on trade week.

To be fair in this case Damo was reporting Coll's interest from what I understand. Which is 100% accurate, still just no chance. I know he gets a bad rap on this board but sometimes he's just repeating what his accurate sources tell him, he doesn't usually go on a limb to say something like "the deal WILL involve Treloar".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Patfull and crisp to gws for pick number 2. Pick 4 + greenwood for beams. We use pick two for one of petrecca or mccartin whichever st kilda doesn't take. At this stage mccartin. Merret moves back to defence. We are massive winners on trade week.
Haha just don't GWS we are robbing them blind.

Carlton reportedly making a play for Cooney.

Good move.

Oh wait, this isn't 2008.
They've got some fundamental age issues with their list given where they've finished. Cooney is only going to add to that

Remove this Banner Ad

2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back