2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurting today after the pingers got us by a point yesterday. Bumped in Hooch Dowell at the Northern last night as i went in to visit a mate. His ankle looked like a balloon. Not positive as its his reconstructed one. Had a quick chat about game. Their intentions were very clear. Rough up thomo and that they did he said. Still even after result he said thomo are a hard side and on a big ground will trouble the bloods. Hooch said Curtis and Murphy led the physical stuff. Even had a thomo forward off with head knock from 1st qtr. He said crowd was massive and umpiring ordinary with home team getting an arm chair ride.

Hurting today after the pingers got us by a point yesterday. Bumped in Hooch Dowell at the Northern last night as i went in to visit a mate. His ankle looked like a balloon. Not positive as its his reconstructed one. Had a quick chat about game. Their intentions were very clear. Rough up thomo and that they did he said. Still even after result he said thomo are a hard side and on a big ground will trouble the bloods. Hooch said Curtis and Murphy led the physical stuff. Even had a thomo forward off with head knock from 1st qtr. He said crowd was massive and umpiring ordinary with home team getting an arm chair ride.
Pretty sure hooch was at the club function all night mate...few porky pies here.

Id be checking it out mate. Same as no.21 badly gashed knee. No pies here. I said no pies here
Lalor's 21 got 10 stitches or so I've been told, did well to play on with it, even kicked two goals late. Didn't see Dowell go off must have been late in the game. Game was fairly good, umpiring pretty woeful. Lalor played a good last half. Looks like it's down to 5 teams for the four finals spots (Thomo Lalor Hurst Whitt F Stars). Everyone else's thoughts?

Any more news on where Shepherd is going? Seen he played for Bacchus Marsh on the weekend Sunday??

Any more news on where Shepherd is going? Seen he played for Bacchus Marsh on the weekend Sunday??

Hearing that Bridges are still in talks with him. Close to four figures per game with a mid 4 figure sign on fee... Any one confirm?

As for news, i'm also hearing that a ex Eltham player maybe on the cards for Lalor? Can any Lalor or Eltham person confirm names or numbers?

The game on the weekend after watching the video looked like a tight contest with a strong wind playing a part.
Thomo missing Jacob as a second forward hurt Ferraro. Also Thomastown missing their leader in Abela hurt late in the game when Lalor ran over the top.

Hurstbridge are the team I think.
Too much experience and talent.

Hearing that Bridges are still in talks with him. Close to four figures per game with a mid 4 figure sign on fee... Any one confirm?

As for news, i'm also hearing that a ex Eltham player maybe on the cards for Lalor? Can any Lalor or Eltham person confirm names or numbers?

The game on the weekend after watching the video looked like a tight contest with a strong wind playing a part.
Thomo missing Jacob as a second forward hurt Ferraro. Also Thomastown missing their leader in Abela hurt late in the game when Lalor ran over the top.

Hurstbridge must have blokes actually paying for a game in order to pay for these recruits. By my reckoning there top 5 or 6 would have to be chewing up 70k between them. I am hearing whispers that there could be a bit of dissent amongst some up there re the amount of coin getting spent. Not saying it's fact but has been mentioned.

Hurstbridge must have blokes actually paying for a game in order to pay for these recruits. By my reckoning there top 5 or 6 would have to be chewing up 70k between them. I am hearing whispers that there could be a bit of dissent amongst some up there re the amount of coin getting spent. Not saying it's fact but has been mentioned.
ant hill mob you just worry whats going on up there before you put your two bobs worth in over the last two or three years yous have recruited hi pofile players to so keep your sh-- up the hill.

Don't forget they are playing 8 under 19 kids who are not on big money. All these kids have the potential to be very good Div 1 players in the future.
Why begrudge a club who are trying to be proactive and make a play for Div 1. I suppose they could always just recruit mid range players who demand too much money for what they are worth and then always be trying to avoid relegation in Div 2 for the next century.

If you have a budget of $8 000 per game for 22 players. 2 @ $800, 8 @ $600, 4 @ $200, 8 @ $100 = $8000 x 16 rounds ($128 000 per year is cheap)

Thoughts?

I agree here. This is a very good post.

The club is trying real hard to win a premiership. Means buying new players then so be it.
And for those who say well Shaw and Harvey won't be there next year, well then your right. But the funds they splashed for them they will splash for others.

I would say Hurstbridge's payroll will be a touch higher than that though. Especially if they offering sign on fees. Sign on fees are generally at least four figures.

Great post mate. If the club has done enough behind the scenes to have the funds too recruit well, well let everyone else envy you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Sandy the guy you talking about from Eltham. Has connection with coach was seen there watching game but so were about 600 others. Huge crowd.
You'll find Abela did not play. Hooch said thomo missing 4 or 5 players.

Nick Sandy the guy you talking about from Eltham. Has connection with coach was seen there watching game but so were about 600 others. Huge crowd.
Does anyone know when thomos prize bundoora recurit Follachio will play?

Thanks mate, my mail was he had a meeting with them.
Could most likely mean he had a beer with Steven after the game.
I guess time will tell.

Don't forget they are playing 8 under 19 kids who are not on big money. All these kids have the potential to be very good Div 1 players in the future.
Why begrudge a club who are trying to be proactive and make a play for Div 1. I suppose they could always just recruit mid range players who demand too much money for what they are worth and then always be trying to avoid relegation in Div 2 for the next century.

If you have a budget of $8 000 per game for 22 players. 2 @ $800, 8 @ $600, 4 @ $200, 8 @ $100 = $8000 x 16 rounds ($128 000 per year is cheap)

Thoughts?

If Hurstbridge are paying that sort of coin, and I doubt they are, good luck to them. For me they are doing it the wrong way with the wrong sort of players. Older finished up Div 1 players might win you a Div 2 flag but I doubt they are the players who are going to keep you up in Div 1.

I don't see many of the guys they have recruiter will be around if they make Div 1. It’s good to say you can replace them with others but it’s one thing to recruit players to a team with a chance of winning a flag in Div 2 but it’s another to recruit guys to finish down the bottom in Div 1. You need different type of players and it’s hard to convince them to come when they know they’re going to get beaten up most weeks. There’s a reason all the guys they have got are not playing Div 1 anymore.

At the end of the day a flag is a flag and they are hard to win no matter how you do it.

Take what you want out of it.
Todd Hughes seen last night with lance Whitnall. Did not look as though it was just a quiet beer.
Glenroy has had struggles without a forward? Could there be a play made for him?

Thoughts?

Is there not 18 games plus finals?

I think the secret is to recruit players who are not solely playing for the money. It could be location, culture, job prospect, family loves the enviroment. playing with their mates etc. Am I being naive? Does this happen anymore?
playing with mates is the one you want. That and family. Jeremy brought Andy Bennett to Wats with him plus there are a large chunck of good mates there. Lalor seems to have that culture where blokes stay, although id question there culture. Hurstbridge spending big no matter how you try to discuss it. Thomastown recruited heavily but my mail is the guys all know each other there. Tight group and showing. PHill seem to find cash to splurge too.
By the way nick sandy wont play. Loves traveling

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back