2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

the blokes commentating this make Danny mills seem like a genius.
Simon Hill is annoying as ****. Sounds like he's reading a story to a kid. Give me some passion!
Why on earth is Berisha still plying his trade in the A-League?

He'd be an adequate back up ST for any 11-20 club in the EPL, and would stroll into any Championship team.
I would say a bottom half team in the Championship. A top half team if he was 4-5 years younger.

I would say a bottom half team in the Championship. A top half team if he was 4-5 years younger.
The gulf between the A-League and English Football usually stems to League 1 of the latter, however with Berisha it's different. He's heads and shoulders above any of his teammates.

Even with a short term deal (given his age), clubs such as Bournemouth/Sunderland would take him as a 2nd/3rd choice; whilst top-mid Championship sides could use him as an effective impact substitute.

I was at the game, I had fun, I was glad we won.

But could the FFA have possibly ****ed this up any worse?

- the stadium was half empty because a hell of a lot of people can't afford the extortionist prices that they were charging people on short notice.
- on top of that, they barely promoted the friggen game, and obviously just expected the media to do it on their behalf.
- the presentation just looked shit because the whole thing was surrounded by 100 of the security campaigners, with the players having to fight their friggen way through the security to get to the stage, and with most of the crowd unable to actually see anything.
- the treatment of the club captain as though he was a friggen leper because he got 2 yellow cards was a disgrace. Playing 85 minutes and needing the coach to hand over his medal so Valeri got one left a real sour taste in my mouth.

I've never seen a sporting administration screw up a major event so badly. I enjoyed reading the twitter hammering the FFA copped on the train home.

From a television standpoint it was fortunate Victory won. There was about 500 Glory supporters at the game. They would have lifted the cup to an empty stadium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game, I had fun, I was glad we won.

But could the FFA have possibly stuffed this up any worse?

- the stadium was half empty because a hell of a lot of people can't afford the extortionist prices that they were charging people on short notice.
- on top of that, they barely promoted the friggen game, and obviously just expected the media to do it on their behalf.
- the presentation just looked shit because the whole thing was surrounded by 100 of the security campaigners, with the players having to fight their friggen way through the security to get to the stage, and with most of the crowd unable to actually see anything.
- the treatment of the club captain as though he was a friggen leper because he got 2 yellow cards was a disgrace. Playing 85 minutes and needing the coach to hand over his medal so Valeri got one left a real sour taste in my mouth.

I've never seen a sporting administration screw up a major event so badly. I enjoyed reading the twitter hammering the FFA copped on the train home.

Maybe not as bad, but take off the Westfield ribbons and replace them with the winner's colours for the presentation, or have no ribbons.
Other leagues manage to have sponsors' logos on different coloured ribbons.

The gulf between the A-League and English Football usually stems to League 1 of the latter, however with Berisha it's different. He's heads and shoulders above any of his teammates.

Even with a short term deal (given his age), clubs such as Bournemouth/Sunderland would take him as a 2nd/3rd choice; whilst top-mid Championship sides could use him as an effective impact substitute.
If he was in the Premier League, 3rd/4th choice for a bottom 3 side is about right (hehe funny thinking about it). No way he'd play a higher level than that, he would get killed otherwise. If he was to play regularly in England, a bottom half/bottom 6 team in the Championship would be the best he could hope for i'd say.

Predictable result.

Absolutely ridiculous giving one team a home advantage but I can't see any way around that.

It's basically the league fixing the result. Underwhelming turnout at Melbourne as well so can't see the reason Perth wasn't rewarded with hosting the final considering it was second year making the final plus the absolute job the league did to the club last season.

The whole production was shit.

I'm still gutted from the happenings from last year, was convinced we were going huge then the whole cap issue reared its ugly head. Lost a fair bit of faith in the club.

After Tony Sage's comments and retraction this week the club is not far from folding IMHO.

Perhaps a full re-brand or change of ownership is required.

The league ripped the guts of the club after the salary cap breach - a severity of punishment that wasn't handed to Sydney FC when they did the same thing a few years ago. Clearly the FFA isnt interested in the West and it shows. Any inroads made against AFL have long been lost.

I can see the license being withdrawn along with the Phoenix -the FFA is more clearly interested in the money markets over east anyways.

partially correct. FFA love sydney. not sure if they hate perth.

if perth were rebranded id like the name glory removed. i prefer something traditional like city/utd, or a tangible object like wolves, lions....or something like FC Perth.

arent there many saffas in perth? maybe Perth Bafana Bafanas

partially correct. FFA love sydney. not sure if they hate perth.

if perth were rebranded id like the name glory removed. i prefer something traditional like city/utd, or a tangible object like wolves, lions....or something like FC Perth.

arent there many saffas in perth? maybe Perth Bafana Bafanas

Plenty of Souf Africans here... but all the South Africans I know love their rugby more than soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back