2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

good evening

i have just returned from jack edwards reserve oakleigh. the night was chilly with a strong northerly. despite the artic conditions, it was the FNQHFC team with the early running. they were big lads too. quick, agile and full of purpose. their centre halves were commanding as oakleigh cannons sc simply played long balls that they ate up. in fact it was the northerners who really dominated the first half. 0-0 HT.

after the interval OCSC came out firing, and matched it. although smaller they came out with intensity and started maintaining some of the play. thoroughly entertaining. former a-league players in steve pantalidis and danning were ok but overshadowed by their less famous mates. for the heat, it was number 17, left winger who was fast and pacy. he moved so quickly across the pitch and was threatening.
0-0 FT

3 mins into extra time a lovely free kick by oakleigh sub. pearrrlllerrr!!! 1-0 to the home team which gave warmth to all in attendance hoping for a quick ending in the freezing temps. but in the 119th min a heartbreaker as a semi docile shot from outside the box took a bobbly bounce and through and over the hands of the oakleigh captain and keeper. heartbreak.

penalties ensued and oakleigh one.

IMG_3669.JPG

Adelaide United v Sydney FC
Melbourne City v Wellington
Heidelberg v Sydney Utd
Hume City v Sydney Olympic
Metrostars v Oakleigh
Lions v Perth
Rockdale v Melbourne Victory
Palm Beach v WSW

Last night I found to be pretty uninspiring, despite the two penalty shoot-outs.

The FFA Cup just doesn't have the same appeal when two A-League clubs play each other, especially in the early rounds.

a valid point, the second sentence.

first sentence i assume you are talking about the all a league clashes? cause the oakleigh game was brilliant.

Adelaide United v Sydney FC
Melbourne City v Wellington
Heidelberg v Sydney Utd
Hume City v Sydney Olympic
Metrostars v Oakleigh
Lions v Perth
Rockdale v Melbourne Victory
Palm Beach v WSW

yay MVFC!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't properly seen Rockdale's ground but is it compliant to host an A-League side?
It's due to lux levels it's different to hosting non professional sides.
Yeah. Rockdale have hosted Sydney FC and the Jets before and its turned great. But it now looks like were going to shift the game from the Ilinden Sports Centre to Win Jubilee Oval so that more people can come and the sides can have a better hit out than what they could have at the ISC.

Dates, Times, and Venues Details are out for round of 16:

Wed, 26 August 2015*
Adelaide United
v
Sydney FC
Coopers Stadium, Hindmarsh SA
7:00pm
#ADLvSYD

Wed, 26 August 2015
Melbourne City FC
v
Wellington Phoenix
AAMI Park, Melbourne VIC
7:30pm
#MCYvWEL

Wed, 26 August 2015
Heidelberg United (VIC)
v
Sydney United 58 FC (NSW)
Olympic Village, Heidelberg West VIC
#HFCvSUN

Wed, 26 August 2015
Lions FC (QLD)
v
Perth Glory
Perry Park, Bowen Hills QLD
#LFCvPER

Tues, 1 September 2015*
Rockdale City Suns (NSW)
v
Melbourne Victory
Jubilee Oval, Kogarah NSW
#RCSvMVC

Tues, 1 September 2015
Palm Beach Sharks (QLD)
v
Western Sydney Wanderers FC
Cbus Super Stadium, Robina QLD
#PBSvWSW

Tues, 1 September 2015
MetroStars (SA)
v
Oakleigh Cannons (VIC)
Elite Systems Football Centre, Angle Park SA
7:00pm
#METvOAC

Tues, 1 September 2015
Hume City (VIC)
v
Sydney Olympic (NSW)
ABD Stadium, Meadow Heights VIC
#HCIvSOL

*Live On Fox Sports

Not too fussed that to date MV have yet to play a home game. Rather play clubs from lower leagues, helps increase their profile hopefully it expands the MV brand too. Some of the Tigers players are members of the Cove. Hopefully, but I doubt it, after playing the MV these Cove Tigers players now have some sort of closet love for MVFC.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 FFA Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

Back