2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

where did you finish again? (and for the last 5 years or so)

Are you honestly saying you dont play boring football?

We finished a couple of spots below you so what? We play very exciting football when we play well, the four games we won against Carlton, Adelaide, Richmond and especially Essendon we very exciting to watch. But yeah, I look forward to Liam Jones dominating games next year and kicking bags on FNF.

We finished a couple of spots below you so what? We play very exciting football when we play well, the four games we won against Carlton, Adelaide, Richmond and especially Essendon we very exciting to watch. But yeah, I look forward to Liam Jones dominating games next year and kicking bags on FNF.

I think most neutrals would say Melbourne have one of the least exciting styles of football, especially under Paul Roos. The one against Sydney was a stinker.
Not having a go at Melbourne but they did also score the least amount of points for the season which can be an indication of game style.

The one against Richmond probably wasn't as bad as I remember it, I said at the time it was one of the worst games I've ever been to but that was probably influenced by the loss :oops:

Our only hope of cracking 30k at home next year is against Carlton and Collingwood, and perhaps round 1 against West Coast as it is Easter Saturday and hopefully both clubs fans turn up.

Gee that is pretty miserable when you put it that way. I go to see the Doggies on the odd Sunday afternoon seeing as I can just scan in with AFL Membership. They are a good team to watch.

Not me, I'd rather watch the Bullies. They Play a lot better footy to watch. More young rising stars. No Malthouse. Give me a Bullies game over Carlton any day.

What do other neutrals think?
Doggies, easily for me. I think that 9/10 was a typo though, by sentiment here .9/10 seems closer.

Deledio and Rance only missed 4 & 5 weeks for the entire year. Maric was one that missed a large portion but you said they were hit hard by injury, compare it to Hawthorn who lost the following for 6+ weeks: Gibson, Mitchell, Spangher, Rioli, Lake, Sewell, (Anderson/Whitecross LT) or at Geelong: Motlop, Caddy, Johnson, Simpson, Kersten, Christensen, Smedts, (Vardy/Menzel LT) or at Collingwood: Dwyer, Adams, Fasolo, Maxwell, Sinclair, Reid, (Karnezis/Brown LT).

That's an injury list not 2 or 3 regulars who missed a month here and there.
You have listed some so so players so why didn't you also list the Richmond players of similar ability to miss games?

You have listed some so so players so why didn't you also list the Richmond players of similar ability to miss games?

Who was missing from Richmonds best 22 in the 1final you played? Any? I guess if there were a couple that's why you just lost hey? Richmond get ahead of them selves way way to often.

Tiges need to be conisent performers and play consistent good footy THEN start talking up how good your are or could be and why you deserve the privlages that come with it.

I'm sure there were others, can't recall exactly.

I don't really remember then having a consistent team until a finals.

The injuries happened in the early season, which is why we started so badly.

More than the injuries, it affected the teams confidence and as a result the game plan broke down.

For successful clubs, this wouldn't happen so much as self belief/confidence is more ingrained, but for teams on the way up, confidence can be a shaky thing.

Next year (hopefully), our late winning run would give them the confidence that even with a few players missing, sticking to the game plan will yield results.

Lol @ all the hate for carlton and richmonds friday night games.

Teams like hawthorn north melbourne adelaide melbourne complaining, not our fault the afl see you as a waste of a friday night time slot.

Jealous of the big 4? Become more relevant, win more premierships or something. Until then shut your mouths and know your place.

The quality of output from Carlton isn't much chop either. So many turnovers.
carlton funnily enough averaged the least clangers last season. My point was people would rather watch the blues than the dees.

we had some poor games yes, and dont really deserve all those friday night matches but it wont be like watching paint dry.

Teams like hawthorn north melbourne adelaide melbourne complaining, not our fault the afl see you as a waste of a friday night time slot.

Jealous of the big 4? Become more relevant, win more premierships or something. Until then shut your mouths and know your place.
Yeah, of course we are jealous of Carlton.

Stinking it up since Judd came on board.

Always looking for the quick fix.

When Waite realises his potential as a 32 year old next year you have to question the whole developmental ability at Carlton.

Bookmark that he will kick more goals than your best goal scorer next year, and will come in second at the Roos behind Petrie.

But, you go on with your top 4 wank if it makes you feel better. Carlton, propped up by the AFL since, well, forever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, of course we are jealous of Carlton.

Stinking it up since Judd came on board.

Always looking for the quick fix.

When Waite realises his potential as a 32 year old next year you have to question the whole developmental ability at Carlton.

Bookmark that he will kick more goals than your best goal scorer next year, and will come in second at the Roos behind Petrie.

But, you go on with your top 4 wank if it makes you feel better. Carlton, propped up by the AFL since, well, forever.
As much as i dislike Carlton, and if the unthinkable happened and i had to chose between them and North the choice would be simple, and it wouldnt be North.

k :)

Apparently "YOU HAVE TO EARN FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES". That is what was said

If they came out and said "the bigger sides get Friday nights", then it would make more sense

How the **** have Richmond and Carlton earned them? Big 4 in the vfl, largely irrelevant in the afl!

As opposed to Port...Big in the SANFL, just another small club in the AFL.

missed the point there mate

We havent been gifted 7 friday night games have we? yet have done a lot more then richmond and carlton to deserve them

Really? You consistently get our crowd numbers do you?

AFL wont give you Friday nights because you don't rate (so Ch7 wont want it) and the prospect of having tarps out doesn't exactly make for good TV.

Really? You consistently get our crowd numbers do you?

AFL wont give you Friday nights because you don't rate (so Ch7 wont want it) and the prospect of having tarps out doesn't exactly make for good TV.
It's not 2012 anymore mate.

Well it depends on the definition of "earning Friday night games"

If the afl wants higher quality football with top premiership relevant sides. Then they have completely ****ed it up and blatantly told lies

If they want big Victorian "traditional" clubs at the expense of the game, then they have succeeded.

Also have 8 six-day breaks (equal highest) and are the only side not to play any of the bottom six sides twice.

3110rohans_draw.jpg
We are absolutely ****ed going into 2015 and our club knows it which is why we delisted so much dead weight to head into 2016 with 8 old players retiring too.

It's not 2012 anymore mate.

Well it depends on the definition of "earning Friday night games"

If the afl wants higher quality football with top premiership relevant sides. Then they have completely ****** it up and blatantly told lies

If they want big Victorian "traditional" clubs at the expense of the game, then they have succeeded.

They want good television that will secure a better TV deal.
Better TV means crowds/atmosphere and ratings. Playing 'good football' doesn't count for much unless you can provide those too.

People keep saying 'the AFL said good football means good slots', but never seem to be able to point to where they said it.

They want good television that will secure a better TV deal.
Better TV means crowds/atmosphere and ratings. Playing 'good football' doesn't count for much unless you can provide those too.

People keep saying 'the AFL said good football means good slots', but never seem to be able to point to where they said it.
i would have though good football means good television?

And i would also think that more people would tune in to watch a top 4 clash rather then a bore fest involving carlton or richmond

i would have though good football means good television?

And i would also think that more people would tune in to watch a top 4 clash rather then a bore fest involving carlton or richmond

Port Vs Freo might be a better game, but it'd suck for ratings, because without a (big) Vic club, it wouldn't rate in Melb, and the Melbourne market is by far the biggest as far as footy goes. For all that BF talks about neutral fans (because most here are more footy crazy than the average person and thus more likely to watch neutral games), the bulk of the audience is fans of one of the clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back