2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Vs Freo might be a better game, but it'd suck for ratings, because without a (big) Vic club, it wouldn't rate in Melb, and the Melbourne market is by far the biggest as far as footy goes. For all that BF talks about neutral fans (because most here are more footy crazy than the average person and thus more likely to watch neutral games), the bulk of the audience is fans of one of the clubs.
sooooooooo you agree. "earning the right to play on friday nights" is a load of wank?

sooooooooo you agree. "earning the right to play on friday nights" is a load of wank?

Thinking that was the major factor is a wank fans use to whine and bitch.
Where has the AFL said it mattered in recent times in any meaningful way (as in, not just a feelgood PR scripted 'we love the fans' comment)?

Sure it matters, but so do several other things.

Thinking that was the major factor is a wank fans use to whine and bitch.
Where has the AFL said it mattered in recent times in any meaningful way (as in, not just a feelgood PR scripted 'we love the fans' comment)?

Sure it matters, but so do several other things.
i think the "whining and bitching" is warranted tbh and is worthy of discussion

Yeah, of course we are jealous of Carlton.

Stinking it up since Judd came on board.

Always looking for the quick fix.

When Waite realises his potential as a 32 year old next year you have to question the whole developmental ability at Carlton.

Bookmark that he will kick more goals than your best goal scorer next year, and will come in second at the Roos behind Petrie.

But, you go on with your top 4 wank if it makes you feel better. Carlton, propped up by the AFL since, well, forever.

Well I can clearly see from previous posts many of your supporters are jealous they dont have as many friday night games as carlton and richmond do.

Again, your not as big as the big 4, your a lesser Melbourne club. Afl view your side as a waste of a friday night time slot. the big 4 playing friday nights is more profitable for the afl then your lesser team, therefore know your place and shut it.

also im glad waite finally left carlton, been wanting him gone for years now. Your team in my opinion were stupid enough to recruit a 32 yr old who is always injured and playing in the 2nds. Sorry but I dont see this working out for your team, if he plays 10 games and kicks 20 goals for the year, well thats considered a successful year in waites books. You'll find out soon enough, I garentee it.

It's not 2012 anymore mate.

Well it depends on the definition of "earning Friday night games"

If the afl wants higher quality football with top premiership relevant sides. Then they have completely ****** it up and blatantly told lies

If they want big Victorian "traditional" clubs at the expense of the game, then they have succeeded.

You shouldn't be talking because no one knows who is going to do well next year. Some of the bottom teams might rise up next year and make finals, just like your team did. Some top 8 sides might fall, we never know.

your complaining because you think the top victorian teams will finish near the bottom. Again you dont know that, the big 4 could well indeed all make the top 8, no one knows, so until then sit back and watch it all unfold in the future.

The injuries happened in the early season, which is why we started so badly.

More than the injuries, it affected the teams confidence and as a result the game plan broke down.

For successful clubs, this wouldn't happen so much as self belief/confidence is more ingrained, but for teams on the way up, confidence can be a shaky thing.

Next year (hopefully), our late winning run would give them the confidence that even with a few players missing, sticking to the game plan will yield results.

I reckon the loss of Maric hurt you guys much more than the media gurus give it credit for. He really is good at giving your mids first crack at it and is ok around the ground as well.

Lol @ all the hate for carlton and richmonds friday night games.

Teams like hawthorn north melbourne adelaide melbourne complaining, not our fault the afl see you as a waste of a friday night time slot.

Jealous of the big 4? Become more relevant, win more premierships or something. Until then shut your mouths and know your place.

A Carlton supporter lecturing on relevance - oh the irony :rolleyes:

carlton funnily enough averaged the least clangers last season. My point was people would rather watch the blues than the dees.

we had some poor games yes, and dont really deserve all those friday night matches but it wont be like watching paint dry.

Not for a Carlton supporter but for the rest of us watching Carlton is about as boring as it gets these days. I'm not saying Melbourne should replace them but there's plenty of other teams who are far more interesting to watch than the Blues.

missed the point there mate

We havent been gifted 7 friday night games have we? yet have done a lot more then richmond and carlton to deserve them

Yep Port of all clubs have every right to be pissed at this.

Last edited:
Well I read all the posts on this topic and I some hawthorn supporters complaining carlton and richmond getting more friday night games, therefore I mentioned hawthorn supporters. Dont believe me look for yourself.
I don't really care to be truly honest. I just found it funny that you think Hawthorn should "win more premierships or something" before Hawks fans can complain about who gets Friday night games.

An especially humourous claim due to the fact that Hawthorn has won the most premierships since the game first began being broadcast on TV in the late 50's and since Friday night games became a thing in 1985 (we've won 7 since then).

They want good television that will secure a better TV deal.
Better TV means crowds/atmosphere and ratings. Playing 'good football' doesn't count for much unless you can provide those too.

People keep saying 'the AFL said good football means good slots', but never seem to be able to point to where they said it.

Better TV means good quality exciting matches. All these games with Collingwood Carlton and probably Richmond look great on paper and are very exciting for the build up on the Channel 7 pre-game - then about 10 minutes into the first quarter everyone realises "oh yeah this is gonna be a shit game" and flicks the channel, chucks on a movie, gets out the PS4.

I don't really care to be truly honest. I just found it funny that you think Hawthorn should "win more premierships or something" before Hawks fans can complain about who gets Friday night games.

An especially humourous claim due to the fact that Hawthorn has won the most premierships since the game first began being broadcast on TV in the late 50's and since Friday night games became a thing in 1985 (we've won 7 since then).

Oh youve won 7 since then and you suddenly think your a big 4 club? Get 16 premierships like us junior, then we will talk.

Better TV means good quality exciting matches. All these games with Collingwood Carlton and probably Richmond look great on paper and are very exciting for the build up on the Channel 7 pre-game - then about 10 minutes into the first quarter everyone realises "oh yeah this is gonna be a shit game" and flicks the channel, chucks on a movie, gets out the PS4.

Yep, reminds me exactly of melbourne games. Whos playing? Collingwood, oh cool lets watch them lose! Oh wait nevermind there playing melbourne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, reminds me exactly of melbourne games. Whos playing? Collingwood, oh cool lets watch them lose! Oh wait nevermind there playing melbourne.

Yeah except were not put on Friday night 7 times a season (19 when include the other 3 clubs). Friday night footy in 2015 is going to be a massive borefest with the only exception being Hawks/Port. Actually North/Essendon has potential but will have to see how the Roos go and of course Melbourne/Richmond will blow the roof off!!!

I think you're overestimating the number of neutrals who would do that, at least compared to the number of fans of the clubs involved.

Either that of the AFL and Ch7, with their respective teams of professional analysts really sucks majorly at picking which games are going to rate.

I think you're overestimating the number of neutrals who would do that, at least compared to the number of fans of the clubs involved.

Either that of the AFL and Ch7, with their respective teams of professional analysts really sucks majorly at picking which games are going to rate.

I think you give too much credit to the AFL and their analysts. I also think they are too short-sighted focussing only on short term ratings and sacrificing the long term health of the competition.

I don't mind Friday nights being filled by crap teams, hate that slot and don't watch footy much on Friday night anyway, most people work OT on Saturday and can't be bothered staying up to watch a Friday night match, it's better they get rid of the boring games first, makes for better Saturday/Sunday footy. Worked well this year, Friday nights were shithouse this year.

Saturday night>Friday night

Oh youve won 7 since then and you suddenly think your a big 4 club? Get 16 premierships like us junior, then we will talk.
Let's remember this is about who deserves Friday night games. Why would flags won before Friday night games or even TV broadcasts of footy in Australia be relevant?

Carlton have won 8 flags since footy started being broadcast on TV in Australia in 1957. Hawthorn 12.
Carlton have won 2 flags since footy started being broadcast on TV on Friday nights in 1985. Hawthorn 7.

Carlton also haven't beaten Hawthorn since round 6 2005. That will be over 10 years by the time we do play each other next season. And we'll beat you in both games then too.

And you still think you're a big 4 club? :rolleyes:

Let's remember this is about who deserves Friday night games. Why would flags won before Friday night games or even TV broadcasts of footy in Australia be relevant?

Carlton have won 8 flags since footy started being broadcast on TV in Australia in 1957. Hawthorn 12.
Carlton have won 2 flags since footy started being broadcast on TV on Friday nights in 1985. Hawthorn 7.

Carlton also haven't beaten Hawthorn since round 6 2005. That will be over 10 years by the time we do play each other next season. And we'll beat you in both games then too.

And you still think you're a big 4 club? :rolleyes:

As a club which has had more success then hawthorn in 100 years with 16 premierships, yes I do think we are a big 4 club.

You have how many premierships? 12? Thats cute.

As a club which has had more success then hawthorn in 100 years with 16 premierships, yes I do think we are a big 4 club.

You have how many premierships? 12? Thats cute.
Sorry champ. In the last 100 years (to the day) Carlton have only won 12 premierships. And by this time next year, unless you win the premiership in 2015, Hawthorn will automatically have become more successful than Carlton in terms of premierships won in the past 100 years. And that's regardless of whether or not Hawthorn win it themselves.

And you still think you're a big 4 club. That's too cute. lol

Last edited:
Got to laugh at the old we have more premierships then you debate, what you actually mean is a premiership in 1903 when their were horse and carts, players probably didn't even know the rules back then just joining in off the street, yeah but we won a premiership 100 years ago so that makes us so much better now.

Sorry champ. In the last 100 years (to the day) Carlton have only won 12 premierships. And by this time next year unless you win the premiership in 2015 Hawthorn will automatically have become more successful than Carlton in terms of premierships won in the past 100 years. And that's regardless of whether or Hawthorn win it themselves.

And you still think you're a big 4 club. That's too cute. lol

Sorry mate but success is measured by how many premierships are won. Carlton on 16, hawthorn on 12? All big 4 teams have more premierships then hawthorn (not sure how many Richmond have) therefore are a more successful club then hawthorn is. Yes you currently have more success then us, but still only 12 premierships =/

Win some more mate, maybe there will be a big 5!

Naaaaa just kidding hawthorn a big Victoria club? Hahahahahhahaha

Sorry mate but success is measured by how many premierships are won. Carlton on 16, hawthorn on 12? All big 4 teams have more premierships then hawthorn (not sure how many Richmond have) therefore are a more successful club then hawthorn is. Yes you currently have more success then us, but still only 12 premierships =/

Win some more mate, maybe there will be a big 5!

Naaaaa just kidding hawthorn a big Victoria club? Hahahahahhahaha
Would appear you've been dropped on the head as a child even more times than Carlton have won premierships. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Fixture (who did well and who got unlucky)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back