2015 General Discussion/Help

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Check out the blanket rules thread.

Basically just everyone talking about the lessons they have learnt the hard way.

Charlie Dixon and Ben Reid are excellent value, will play every game and score consistently.

No seriously read a few different sites, this one and SuperCoach Scores are among the best. You'll pick up the basics pretty quickly after reading a few threads. In particular understand guns, midpricers and rookies and when and where you need to select each.

Make sure you get in a few leagues, if you're quick I expect the Lions Board will have a few organised.

As you get hooked, be prepared to muck around with your team during the weekend to get optimal results. For a start understand how to use the captain and vice captain to get the best captains score. Most of the other exotic stuff can wait till later.

Good luck, it's a lot of fun.

Charlie Dixon and Ben Reid are excellent value, will play every game and score consistently.

No seriously read a few different sites, this one and SuperCoach Scores are among the best. You'll pick up the basics pretty quickly after reading a few threads. In particular understand guns, midpricers and rookies and when and where you need to select each.

Make sure you get in a few leagues, if you're quick I expect the Lions Board will have a few organised.

As you get hooked, be prepared to muck around with your team during the weekend to get optimal results. For a start understand how to use the captain and vice captain to get the best captains score. Most of the other exotic stuff can wait till later.

Good luck, it's a lot of fun.
Supercoach scores is good for alot of statistical analysis but light on actual footy knowledge.

Supercoach scores is good for alot of statistical analysis but light on actual footy knowledge.

A bit tough I think to say they are light on footy knowledge. Like most sites you get contributors with all sorts of different ideas and footy knowledge levels. Regardless of this it's hard to fault the statistical analysis (disclosure: I'm a statistician by trade which might bias my thinking somewhat)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit tough I think to say they are light on footy knowledge. Like most sites you get contributors with all sorts of different ideas and footy knowledge levels. Regardless of this it's hard to fault the statistical analysis (disclosure: I'm a statistician by trade which might bias my thinking somewhat)
Statistician, nice stuff.

PM me the most recent unemployment, retail and trade data & I'll split my profit's with you 50/50 :thumbsu:

Guys love my fantasy sports and giving this a go in 2015. Any serious tips / help would be appreciated.
Key basics:
- Watch the NAB Challenge closely for new players and rookies who look like they will play a fair bit in 2015
- Look for value players in NAB Challenge that you think could turn into keepers at cheaper prices (IE. Injured year before Nic Nat)
- Look at which stars look set to dominate in 2015 that you want in your team as keepers
- Back your judgement with players you like, don't listen to everyones advice on forums (haha... Ironic)
- The rookies are where you win or lose it, as they make the most cash so pick those that will play lots so you can trade them and upgrade later
- When picking team structure, look at what rookie areas are strongest so you don't need to pick as many premiums there and waste money in one area

Start there... :p

SC Paige was melting on twitter because Jock and last years winner were bagging her out behind her back haha. You finished 30k you dickhead of course they are! 'Its so disappointing' no it's not you ****ing fruit loop there were 30,000, that's THIRTY ****ING THOUSAND people better placed than you to be giving advice. Unbelievable.

SC Paige was melting on twitter because Jock and last years winner were bagging her out behind her back haha. You finished 30k you dickhead of course they are! 'Its so disappointing' no it's not you ******* fruit loop there were 30,000, that's THIRTY ******* THOUSAND people better placed than you to be giving advice. Unbelievable.
I live in the UK so therefore have limited news apart from Internet and don't have a clue about rookies and have only been watching Aussie rules since 2008 and I still finished 1740 last year and she's an "expert" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back