List Mgmt. 2015 general list discussion and speculation - PLEASE START NEW THREAD ON BREAKING NEWS

How did you rate Geelong's trade and free agency period?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely understandable. To have only been given five games this season is a huge blunder by the club. And this is the consequence - he's clearly sending the message that he expects more in 2015 and if he doesn't get it he'll be looking elsewhere.

To think think, the number of games we gave to Smedts and Sheringham as defenders... :eek:

Though wasn't thurlow injured early. Then took a while to get into form?

I agree though, we do have a few on the list that have taken a spot in the best 22, that if fit, he would take. I expect both Bews and thurlow to get games next year, especially if up and about early and have no injuries

Absolutely understandable. To have only been given five games this season is a huge blunder by the club. And this is the consequence - he's clearly sending the message that he expects more in 2015 and if he doesn't get it he'll be looking elsewhere.

To think, the number of games we gave to Smedts and Sheringham as defenders... :eek:
Yep, subtle message. Combined with the expectation that he will get a lot more games and have a bit of a breakout next year, he and his manager possibly feel his stocks could rise rapidly and give him more leverage for negotiating at the end of 2015 for a longer/bigger contract.

Edit: what 10Lana said, missed it :)

Vardy, Kersten and Hamling all signed 1 year extensions last season. It's nothing new.

I would put Kersten in the same category as Thurlow at the time, he was probably making a point about needing opportunity.

Vardy would be because of injury concerns about his hip.

Hamling, club would be happy with a 1 year deal, no one is going to try and poach him.

Thurlow is doing what Shane Kersten did. Waiting to make sure he doesn't spend another year in the VFL. He would have interest from other clubs. I see it, as with Shane, as a sign that he wants to stay at Geelong, but doesn't want to be left playing in the twos for two years when he could get a game elsewhere. I'm happy he's signed, full stop. Like Kersten, I suspect he'll get much more game time next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that the season is over who do we trade for, trade off our list or draft.

I think Brown is Gone
Stringer gone
McIntosh should retire
Trade Johnson he is a liability and should be shown the door
Trade Smedts for what ever we can get

Mackie and Kelly need a kick up the arse

NO doubt we need a ruckman .
Need an inside mid to help Selwood or he will be stuffed just like Dangerfield.

Injury is no excuse as they will happen next year to
skill level is down, need young players to come through

Last edited:
A durable AND competent ruckman, another mid like Selwood/Caddy and arguably a utility who can be thrown forward or back to help stem the scoring bleeds that we've been experiencing this year.

Jansen, Lang, Hartman (recruit some more young outside run but need to get games in players)

And I think we should sound out Ryder.

After the disaster of last years delisting of Chapman that surely ended up costing us a finals win this year, who knows what they will do. Could be 5 or 6 who played tonight up for the chop?

We are just getting old. Kelly and Mackie dont need a kick in the ass. They have probably just reached the end. Hopefully the last 2 weeks shows we are actually further away than the club thought so they may as well start transitioning the list now rather than wasting next year.

After tonight I would rather trade out older guys and give the kids their chance to step up. Melbourne need depth quality and leadership so I would offer them stokes stevie j and bartel for pick 2. That would clear out salary cap space to offer dangerfield 5 million over 5 years at the end of next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back