Preview 2015 Grand Final: Hawthorn v West Coast Eagles - Gunston IN, Hartung OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newspaper Headlines in want to see.
Weagles Web broken.
WA teams don't know how to kick goals at the windy MCG.

Newspaper Headlines I don't want to see.
Hawks couldn't handle the heat.
Nic Nat Goes Nuts.
---
If we can get thru the web for a few easy goals they may start to panic. I don't care how messy and out of control it looks getting thru the web as long as it end up with a loose hawk running into an open goal (like when teams broke down the clarko cluster).

I haven't seen much about the wind being mentioned. If WCE grab a few marks like the dockers did in '13 but missed their opportunities, doubt and the swirly wind factor at the MCG Will start to play on their minds.

Why did Melbourne have to put on a hot day! I don't want to get overrun in the last quarter.
Did anyone watch the game 3 weeks ago. The wce midfield never considered loosing a centre square contest, they were on the move for a Nic Nat tap!

Tough for Billy if cards fall this way. Will make him a better player.
Shoey has a huge tank-forget about the statistics on height-and has performed on the big GF stage.
Gunners and Shoey can play a hff role if needed, looks like gibbo hbf.
A poster once said its a Eco-system our 22. It was a great description.
I love Billy. He'll be fine. He'll get a chance one day

Choices. That's all it ever comes down to. Poor kid just couldn't see through his own issues to see what was the right and wrong path.

Feel just kinda sad about the whole thing tbh. Kid only two years ago had the brightest of bright futures ahead of him ("elite this and elite that") and now all shattered after several poor choices in a row. He has only himself to blame, but its still a rough card to swallow.

I feel a bit sad mixed with...you nuff, look at the opportunity that was right before your eyes.

Its amazing to think almost 12 months on that Langford is not playing in the GF. Imagine being told that after last years Grannie!
Ye, we would never have believed if we had been told this then. What a difference 12 months makes. 12 months ago W/C were a no problem team relishing in the lower half of the ladder and 12 months later are in the final against the mighty Hawks.

Hmmm...must say my initial reaction is that we feel too tall. Especially against a quick WCE and a warm day. I love Shoey but it just feels like Clarko is being a bit clever.

BUT the little master has 3 AFL cups to his name, so he probably has a better idea than me. (at least, I hope so!)

It looks too tall but then the Hawthorn talls are about the most mobile talls in the AFL. Schoe is mobile enough, Gunston is as mobile as anyone, Rough plays better as a mid half the time. I am not concerned about that.

Hill for sub is a an interesting thought

Billy unlucky but probably the right decision given our opponent and match ups.

Schoey and Gunner forward means the undersized WC players must be accountable. However that only works if we hit targets.

Roughie to play through the midfield for periods to give another big body.

We must tag Shuey this time as he cut as up in the QF. Close attention for Gaff would also be good.

Happy that Schoey gets an opportunity to play in the big dance. Would love to see him impact the game and of course get a premiership medal.

I hope that if Gunston can play his usual role and kick 3-4.

Big jobs for Hale, Big Boy, Shiels, Hodge, Lewis and Mitchell in getting hands on the centre clearances or limiting the damage that WC does from the middle. Do that and use the ball effectively and we should win.

Can't bloody wait!

The sub ? Maybe we went back to basics and said what if someone gets injured. Thats was the reason for the sub

Exactly, I don't think a lot of people understand the basic logic behind the sub. In my eyes the selection basically guarantees Poppy as the sub.

If people are honestly concerned that NicNat is the greatest threat to the Hawks, we're sitting pretty comfortable IMHO based on current form. Kennedy and the midfield running rampant much more worrying for mine. Especially if they get away with murder inside like they have all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With this huge article to come out about the Weagles party drugs taking in the 2006 Flag, it might give them some amunition to prove this is no fluke and no drugs.
Getting more and more nervous now.!!
It's a grand final, they are going to try their hardest to win regardless of newspaper articles.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dear twits suggesting Poppy for sub, he will need to be moved onto the interchange line for that to happen.

Those who suggest him for the sub strike me as the stats based footy observer.
sub can come from anywhere, doesnt have to be named on the bench.

its gotta be either Suckling or Gunner for me

I think we're going to need to come out of the blocks on this one. They don't have homeground advantage and a bit of scoreboard pressure and vocal oppo crowd may be enough to take the wind out of them early and make them go into their shells.

If we can force them into a defensive mindset, we can hammer them on the scoreboard for the first 1-2 quarters before Simmo will have a chance to rally them.

At that point, they have to play catch up and take risks, which will hopefully fall into our hands a little if we can stack the backline with intercept markers.

But we'll have to see. I don't think the Hawks will be overawed by the occasion, and they are experienced enough to deal with being down a few goals in the GF, whereas I think the Eagles will crumble quickly if they have to start chasing on the big stage, much like Sydney last year.

Work made me apply for a job I'd been doing for 18 months due to a restructure. I wanted to tell them to jam it but I thought of Schoey. It might sound naff, however it was useful inspiration!

Just a quick word of congrats to Shoey.

12 months ago, he was a fraction away fr
Just a quick word of congrats to Shoey.

12 months ago, he was a fraction away from being traded. Takes serious balls (and Hawthorn fight) to say "Nup, I'm staying here and fighting for my place" (unlike some descendants of legends, now parading in red and white). Indeed, he's probably proven many on this forum wrong this year (myself included). So, I sit here, hat in my hand, and humbly apologise for doubting you Shoey.

Well played Shoey to get to the GF. Now go one step further than 2012, and win it for us!

om being traded. Takes serious balls (and Hawthorn fight) to say "Nup, I'm staying here and fighting for my place" (unlike some descendants of legends, now parading in red and white). Indeed, he's probably proven many on this forum wrong this year (myself included). So, I sit here, hat in my hand, and humbly apologise for doubting you Shoey.

Well played Shoey to get to the GF. Now go one step further than 2012, and win it for us!

Posted this on the main board but the weather at last years GF

Saturday 29, September 2014
Min 8.8
Max 23.4

We only won that game by 10 goals

We are also the number 1 club for final quarters

Has this been lost in the analysis?

People must be basing the fact they heat is a worry for us because we didn't have the week off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back