2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The LOya
Picture posted on the Lions instagram account yesterday.

10731928_724567457618146_270559307_n.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/uzfSqhRNLO/?modal=true

Why is Leppa standing in front of the '3'???

On the shirt…. what number are we up to?? Heading overseas next week… Must make a trip to the GABBA..

Just got back from overseas today, went on the Lions membership website and couldn't log on. First thing I wanted to do was renew my membership!

Looks like I'll have to chuck a sickie and renew tomorrow in person ;)

Last edited:
GET ON BOARD PEOPLE!!

Can't have this number for much longer.

Lions 1,300
Suns 7,400

http://membership.lions.com.au

I know they have their auto renewals having kicked in, but the gap must close now!!

I have mentioned before as well, but the way some clubs build memberships is by selling them from late in the season for next year.

The last 2 home games for the Suns they were giving a free ticket to the 2014 game if you signed up for an 11 game 2015 membership. My understanding is that they got 1,000+ this way. That is 1,000 people that were not 2014 members signing up for 2015…… Food for thought.

Have we got ads re membership blasting out every 5 mins (exaggeration, but you get my drift) on the radio in QLD?

..have we got ads re membership in all the papers in QLD?

..haven't heard a thing down here.

Again, I say we as a club are too polite!!....we need to get in peoples faces, let them know we are out there.

I agree to a certain extent.

"Looking for a Christmas gift for a Lions fan?? How about a 3 game membership… You pay for it, and they can choose any three games they like"

Surely worth a try

I have mentioned before as well, but the way some clubs build memberships is by selling them from late in the season for next year.

The last 2 home games for the Suns they were giving a free ticket to the 2014 game if you signed up for an 11 game 2015 membership. My understanding is that they got 1,000+ this way. That is 1,000 people that were not 2014 members signing up for 2015…… Food for thought.

Yep, a lot of clubs down here in Melbourne are doing the same sort of thing and building traction in a present season for the next i.e. giving away tickets for the final few games of one season if supporters sign up for a membership the next. Started seeing it 2013 and was really surprised we didn't don something similar considering we were lucky to draw 20,000 to our home games.

Should be a lesson for our club and membership department all round, although I appreciate there may have been other issues at play, but they must get more innovative in a market such as ours.

Would have loved to see Mitch Robinson in a polo with the premiership Lion. With the return of our real jumper, the paddlepop polo just looked out of place somehow. How good does that Real Lion - BBFFC T - shirt look? For me it is either one or t'other. And I know which one I want.

I think everyone should rally together to effect the exact level of change I think is important within the club... any less and you don't respect tradition, any more and you are just nitpicking

This is how the Suns are doing it……
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Special offer for under 6's - 11's

As part of your registration fees as an U6’s - U11’s AFL Gold Coast Junior footy player you receive a Gold Coast SUNS 3 Game membership!

The Gold Coast SUNS are set to host some of the competition’s biggest teams when football returns to Metricon Stadium in 2015 and with your 3 Game Pass you can access any 3 home games*.

*Additional fees and charges may apply. Entry is subject to Reserved Seat Events and does exclude access to Round 8 v Collingwood. For full terms and conditions……"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is from Gold Coast Juniors website…...

son got something similar through local footy up here. I'll buy him a three game membership up in Prime anyway because that's where I want to sit.

Hi Everyone getting excited about next year so going to renew the Vic membership but due to poor scheduling for melb games can only make it to 2 or 3 games max,so was thinking of getting the 3 game membership but its unclear if its available to us Vic supporters can someone please advise if they know,would be much appreciated.

Hi Everyone getting excited about next year so going to renew the Vic membership but due to poor scheduling for melb games can only make it to 2 or 3 games max,so was thinking of getting the 3 game membership but its unclear if its available to us Vic supporters can someone please advise if they know,would be much appreciated.

3 game passes are for Brisbane games only I'm pretty sure

Very nice of the club to wish me happy birthday 5 days early. Almost as bad as when my grandparents rang to wish me happy birthday a month early.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it is more so that you can purchase what you want so it arrives by or on your bday? Doesn't it include a discount voucher or something?

I think it is more so that you can purchase what you want so it arrives by or on your bday? Doesn't it include a discount voucher or something?

It does include a voucher but the email subject is 'it's your birthday'.

Not having a go at the club but it's a bit stupid.

2,522 today. Are we tracking OK cf last year?

It is far too early to tell - it is not clear they have included any auto-renewals yet. (In 2011 we were on 0; in 2012 on a similar date we were on 1,153; for some reason in 2013 on a similar date we were on 6,858).

There won't be any meaningful comparisons until December, possibly not even until the week before Christmas.

Anyway, I am not exactly sure what to expect from our membership this year.

We notionally performed worse onfield in 2014 vs. 2013, but in a lot of ways the Club has turned around and has a very exciting future. There has been a lot of positives around the Club (at least from the media / general vibe down in Melbourne), but will that translate where it counts to a significant increase in membership where it counts in Brisbane? There is also the issue of whether the old Lion coming back to the jumpers will have any discernable impact on our membership numbers (I am not sure).

If I had to guess I would predict a membership total for 2015 of around 25,000 - which would be an increase of around 5%.

Yeah my email was saying 30/11 for the auto renewal as well.

Jumped the gun today but... all signed up again... really looking forward to 2015. And weirdly don't have any real expectations other than a period of settling, gelling and just figuring out who's best where in a team of 16 midfielders!:p

Reckon 2016 will be the start of big things... although I'm more than happy to be proven wrong :)

Remove this Banner Ad

2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back