Harder to do the interchanges.

B: Morris Astbury Chaplin
HB: Houli Rance Vlastuin
C: Drummond Cotchin Ellis
HF: Deledio Vickery Martin
FF: Edwards Reiwoldt Gordon
R: Maric Miles Conca
I: Hunt Bachelor C Ellis Lennon

If Vlastuin, Hunt and Drummond are all playing together there is going to be mass confusion for supporters. Especially Drummond and Hunt, it's actually difficult to tell the two apart.
I watched that short vid yesterday and did the exact same thing. They could pass for triplets :D

For what its worth, here is my round 1 line-up, in comparison to the scum's round 1 line-up, as posted by someone on their thread:

B: David Astbury, Alex Rance, Steve Morris
Liam Jones, Lachie Henderson, Jason Tutt

HB: Bachar Houli, Troy Chaplin, Jake Batchelor
Troy Menzel, Levi Casboult, Andrew Walker

C: Nick Vlastuin, Reece Conca, Brandon Ellis,
Dale Thomas, Chris Judd, Kade Simpson

HF: Dustin Martin, Ben Griffiths, Brett Deledio
Chris Yarran, Micheal Jamison, Ciaran Sheehan

F: Shane Edwards, Jack Riewoldt, Ty Vickery
Dylan Buckley, Sam Rowe, Kristian Jaksch

R: Ivan Maric, Trent Cotchin, Anthony Miles
R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy

INT: Taylor Hunt, Nathan Gordon, Chris Newman, Nathan Foley*
I/C: Sam Docherty, Tom Bell, Mark Whiley, Andrejs Everitt*

I think we stack up fairly comfortably here. The only real area where they match us is in the midfield, and even then I'd call that even. We seem to look a lot better at either end of the ground.
- I like having Taylor Hunt as a defensive midfield option, kind of a replacement for Jacko.
-Batchelor's inclusion is only if we don't have another running, rebounding type, i.e Kamdyn, Corey Ellis or McDonough step up.
-Really wanted to sneak McBean in there, its honestly now or never for Tyrone
-Couldn't see any reason why Gordon should be dropped for Knights, based on his 2014 form.

Here is how we look against the benchmark, again from a poster from their board:

Cyril Rioli Jarryd Roughead David Hale

Paul Puopolo Jack Gunston Luke Breust

Brad Hill Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith

Grant Birchall James Frawley Ben Stratton

Angus Litherland Brian Lake Josh Gibson

Ben McEvoy Luke Hodge Jordan Lewis

I/C Liam Shiels* Shaun Burgoyne Matthew Suckling Will Langford

Probably our back-line looks furthest away from a premiership contender.

For what its worth, here is my round 1 line-up, in comparison to the scum's round 1 line-up, as posted by someone on their thread:

Liam Jones, Lachie Henderson, Jason Tutt

Troy Menzel, Levi Casboult, Andrew Walker

Dale Thomas, Chris Judd, Kade Simpson

Chris Yarran, Micheal Jamison, Ciaran Sheehan

Dylan Buckley, Sam Rowe, Kristian Jaksch

R: Matthew Kreuzer, Bryce Gibbs, Marc Murphy

I/C: Sam Docherty, Tom Bell, Mark Whiley, Andrejs Everitt*

I think we stack up fairly comfortably here. The only real area where they match us is in the midfield, and even then I'd call that even. We seem to look a lot better at either end of the ground.
- I like having Taylor Hunt as a defensive midfield option, kind of a replacement for Jacko.
-Batchelor's inclusion is only if we don't have another running, rebounding type, i.e Kamdyn, Corey Ellis or McDonough step up.
-Really wanted to sneak McBean in there, its honestly now or never for Tyrone
-Couldn't see any reason why Gordon should be dropped for Knights, based on his 2014 form.

Here is how we look against the benchmark, again from a poster from their board:

Cyril Rioli Jarryd Roughead David Hale

Paul Puopolo Jack Gunston Luke Breust

Brad Hill Sam Mitchell, Isaac Smith

Grant Birchall James Frawley Ben Stratton

Angus Litherland Brian Lake Josh Gibson

Ben McEvoy Luke Hodge Jordan Lewis

I/C Liam Shiels* Shaun Burgoyne Matthew Suckling Will Langford

Probably our back-line looks furthest away from a premiership contender.
Why would you put Astbury against Rioli & Morris against Hale?

you still have chaplin in your best 22? watch the first quarter of the final again and you will see why port supporters hate him so much, talks like Tarzan, look like Tarzan, plays like Jane

you still have chaplin in your best 22? watch the first quarter of the final again and you will see why port supporters hate him so much, talks like Tarzan, look like Tarzan, plays like Jane
To be fair watch 22 of our guys in that first qtr :(

yeh maybe, but i reackon 5 goals were scored directly by his lack of defensive pressure or defensive mistakes
The ball was moving that fast from the hb/midfield into the forward line we could have had Glen Jakovich and Steven Silvagni back there and would have made little difference.

yeh maybe, but i reackon 5 goals were scored directly by his lack of defensive pressure or defensive mistakes
from memory 2 of your 1st 3 or 4 goals were from the goal sqr as our whole team wasn't on the ball (literally). u guys did as you pleased regardless of who we had playing for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port exposed our one on one defenders who were used to being protected and helped by the loose man and extra numbers in the back half.
Fast ball movement, hard running and good foot skills chopped us up

Port exposed our one on one defenders who were used to being protected and helped by the loose man and extra numbers in the back half.
Fast ball movement, hard running and good foot skills chopped us up
I agree to an extent but to be fair this idea will break all teams too. We are no different, hence having team defensive pressure and extra defenders.

is Jack the answer up forward? and whos teh best 2nd forward Griffiths or Vickery.
From what ive seen Jack doesnt run hard enough, or he doesnt like to get to far up the ground, i know Hardwick wanted him up the ground at the start of the season but that didnt work because he didnt run back hard enough to be in a dangerous enough position to hit the scoreboard, I think Vickery is the better 2nd forward because he's a better mark than griffiths and a better ruckman, i think injuries hurt Vickerys reputation in 2014

is Jack the answer up forward? and whos teh best 2nd forward Griffiths or Vickery.
From what ive seen Jack doesnt run hard enough, or he doesnt like to get to far up the ground, i know Hardwick wanted him up the ground at the start of the season but that didnt work because he didnt run back hard enough to be in a dangerous enough position to hit the scoreboard, I think Vickery is the better 2nd forward because he's a better mark than griffiths and a better ruckman, i think injuries hurt Vickerys reputation in 2014

Macca in the goal square... it wont be straight away but wont be long
Jack plays from 30 to 70 out and goes where he likes
Lids, Martin and someone else (lennon, Gordon, Knights) play up the ground and running forward into the 50
Its up to Griffo, Vickery or Mcbean to break into the side...
Vickery will end up a ruck
Griff may end up CHB
Could Mcbean play wing???
Just a suggestion.

Macca in the goal square... it wont be straight away but wont be long
Jack plays from 30 to 70 out and goes where he likes
Lids, Martin and someone else (lennon, Gordon, Knights) play up the ground and running forward into the 50
Its up to Griffo, Vickery or Mcbean to break into the side...
Vickery will end up a ruck
Griff may end up CHB
Could Mcbean play wing???
Just a suggestion.

How about both Jack Macca play in the goal square?! That would be awesome. Macca can take 65% of marking attempts as Jack is a pretty decent crumber. Have Dusty and Lennon lurking around them too :D

How about both Jack Macca play in the goal square?! That would be awesome. Macca can take 65% of marking attempts as Jack is a pretty decent crumber. Have Dusty and Lennon lurking around them too :D

clogs the fwd line, brings too many defenders to the contest and allows them to drop off and spoil.
Jack half way out from goal to 50 and he is really dangerous as he can lead or double back and needs to be manned up, Macca deep and you isolate his opponent which he should win most of those contests when he grows up, if they double team him deep that means a lids or Martin is left free and thats not bad for us either?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 2015 Starting 22 for Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back