2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My round 1, 2016 team for the "Unable to engage in a process of civil, two-way discourse" premiership season.

B: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
HB: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
C: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
HF: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat (c), theteamtobeat
F: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
R: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat (vc)

INT: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat

EMG: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat

Let me see, he kept Josh Kennedy, Jack Riewoldt, Taylor Walker, Nick Riewoldt, Tom Lynch, Jesses White, Chris Dawes, Jack Darling, Joe Daniher and Jay Schulz to less then 2 goals this season.

What did Astbury do, OHHH right he started off playing in defense, ended up forward and was playing majority for the season in the VFL.

Even though Talia went toe to toe with the best forwards in the comp and won majority of them, he's still not proven. How silly of me. I'm have no idea why Sydney are chasing a unproven young key defender like Talia.:drunk:
That's not what "proven" means. Astbury has been better performed in his career to date and is both older and more experienced. By definition, he is more proven.

You could say Talia has greater potential. You could say Talia was better performed at senior level this year. You could argue that Talia is comparatively a more resilient footballer and that Astbury's injury concerns are too great to warrant taking him.

The argument is there to be made to favour Talia over Astbury. You just don't watch enough football to be able to accurately and effectively state your case.

Let me reply to your question with another question...why is it interesting or useful to class him 'elite' or not? It is a totally meaningless question, and isn't a testable standard.

My post (fairly obviously) was about your habit of data mining and ignoring well-informed opinions from other posters. However, I will say that of the tall forwards in the competition, Cameron wouldn't be in the first 4 I chose if I had my pick (Kennedy, Franklin, Roughead, Walker) and
if we're talking about the impact they could have on a team then I'd take Hogan any day of the week.
Mate, you should become a politician. You are very good at avoiding a simple question that just requires a yes or a no. :rolleyes:

Mate, you should become a politician. You are very good at avoiding a simple answer that just requires a yes or a no. :rolleyes:

Oh wow.

Holy hypocritical shitballs Batman!

My round 1, 2016 team for the "Unable to engage in a process of civil, two-way discourse" premiership season.

B: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
HB: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
C: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
HF: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat (c), theteamtobeat
F: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
R: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat (vc)

INT: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat

EMG: theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat, theteamtobeat
Bit pissy I didn't at least get a bench spot.

Mate, you should become a politician. You are very good at avoiding a simple question that just requires a yes or a no. :rolleyes:

A discussion isn't just you asking questions rather than trying to back up your position with more than pretty numbers. Funnily enough people get sick of that because it's just a crappy interrogation whereas what people are looking for is actually something interesting.

You are to football knowledge what Donald Trump and Clive Palmer are to politics. An irrational sideshow with no humility or reasoning. This thread needs a total cleanout and restart.

A discussion isn't just you asking questions rather than trying to back up your position with more than pretty numbers. Funnily enough people get sick of that because it's just a crappy interrogation whereas what people are looking for is actually something interesting.
It helps when those "pretty numbers" actually back up my point of view, rather then having meaningless discussion that have no substance.

It helps when those "pretty numbers" actually back up my point of view, rather then having meaningless discussion that have no substance.

Maybe you should have a blog (with comments disabled) instead of a BigFooty account. Your preferred style of communication appears to be exclusively one-way.

You keep making strange, cocksure pronouncements and then go on a process of patronising interrogation and then obfuscation of everyone who has a different view. It's not discussion or debate, it's just a continual process of digging in your heels and mindlessly defending your patch of turf.

That's not what people are here for. Are you here to participate in a community, or to win a contest in which you are the only one playing?

Serious question - do you genuinely believe that EVERYONE else on this forum is incorrect, and that you are the only person in the right?

Looking at this thread as a whole, that's essentially what you are arguing right now......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why don't you explain your point of view? That's what we're getting at here - you're not even bothering to explain your point of view and why you think it's that way. You just throw numbers around, and it's pretty easy to use numbers to prove anything - even contradictory facts.

Serious question - do you genuinely believe that EVERYONE else on this forum is incorrect, and that you are the only person in the right?

Looking at this thread as a whole, that's essentially what you are arguing right now......
Incorrect in context of what exactly?

Incorrect in context of what exactly?
For starters you seem to be unable to accept that others may not share the same opinion as you, and when any attempts you use to support your arguments are pointed out by others as being deficient your ability to handle that largely constructive criticism is simply non-existent. You often seem to take such constructive criticism personally, and let those emotions manifest in your often unsavoury responses.

Worth remembering, you aren't always right and not everyone will agree with your opinions.

There is literally not one poster on here stepping in and supporting you on any of your opinions, that should be telling you something......

Are you basing "eliteness" purely off goals kicked in a given year? Is there more to it than that?

Not going to bother answering these because you're not putting any effort into explaining and justifying your position. You're just throwing out questions and expecting the other participant in the discussion to justify themselves and do all the work.
How I determined Cameron is Elite, is that I compared him to the rest of the key forwards in the competitions. Do I judge Eliteness purely off goals, no I don't, but in context to our discussion we were talking about the Coleman medal.

I'm Terry Wallace.
You're an Adam Sandler movie. Ridiculous, but completely unentertaining. Continually rammed down everyone's throats and giving no one pleasure but yourself (you being Adam Sandler). Try to be more Benedict Cumberbatch and less Nicholas Cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back