2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I determined Cameron is Elite, is that I compared him to the rest of the key forwards in the competitions. Do I judge Eliteness purely off goals, no I don't, but in context to our discussion we were talking about the Coleman medal.

I seem to recall the Coleman was brought up by you as a proof of 'elite-ness' but in terms of questions that need to be clarified would you mind sharing your definition of the word 'elite' in terms of a footballer ie what is your subjective or objective criteria for being elite? Note this is not a yes or no question and a single statement followed by some explanatory notes would be welcome!

How I determined Cameron is Elite, is that I compared him to the rest of the key forwards in the competitions.

I think you might be expansive with your idea of eliteness. I'd have Kennedy, Walker and potentially J. Riewoldt above him. Franklin and Tippett also had more dominating performances.

Do I judge Eliteness purely off goals, no I don't, but in context to our discussion we were talking about the Coleman medal.

No, in our discussion we weren't - I explained why I thought Cameron did not have as good a year as he could have, and you started demanding goal counts.

I think that the The Team To Beat may have had he's Brownlow party a little too early.
Me and my friends often have a sweep of all the top 20 Brownlow chances and every time our player gets 3 votes we have a beer unfortunately this year I have Fyfe so I'll probably be drunk before the count is even half way over thankgod he only polled well in the first half of the season but this probably isn't the right place to post this

I think that the The Team To Beat may have had he's Brownlow party a little too early.
Me and my friends often have a sweep of all the top 20 Brownlow chances and every time our player gets 3 votes we have a beer unfortunately this year I have Fyfe so I'll probably be drunk before the count is even half way over thankgod he only polled well in the first half of the season but this probably isn't the right place to post this
Subtle tribute to our fallen comrade...

:thumbsu:

Right, so now that the minor irritation is having day off, how about we get back to Trades and FA!

So anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, have missed a fair bit of news recently but would the following be a fair summary?

Likely Ins -

Trade - Jarrad Jensen, Tom Bell, possibly 1 or 2 of Astbury, Whitecross, Suckling plus whatever we get for Redden, Leuenberger and possibly Aish (picks or players)
Draft - Schache, Keays, Hipwood plus possible other academy kids depending on what picks/points we have left

Likely Outs -

Adcock (confirmed) Leuenberger (near certainty) Redden (looks likely, talk of staying seems to have dissipated, Aish (no-one seems to know what the hell is going on with him!)
Picks to obtain players listed above in Trades

It also appears talk of Zorko, Martin, Mayes, Green all moving/looking to move on has settled and the chances of us getting a priority pick are virtually zero

Have I missed anything?

Right, so now that the minor irritation is having day off, how about we get back to Trades and FA!

So anyone please correct me if I'm wrong, have missed a fair bit of news recently but would the following be a fair summary?

Likely Ins -

Trade - Jarrad Jensen, Tom Bell, possibly 1 or 2 of Astbury, Whitecross, Suckling plus whatever we get for Redden, Leuenberger and possibly Aish (picks or players)
Draft - Schache, Keays, Hipwood plus possible other academy kids depending on what picks/points we have left

Likely Outs -

Adcock (confirmed) Leuenberger (near certainty) Redden (looks likely, talk of staying seems to have dissipated, Aish (no-one seems to know what the hell is going on with him!)
Picks to obtain players listed above in Trades

It also appears talk of Zorko, Martin, Mayes, Green all moving/looking to move on has settled and the chances of us getting a priority pick are virtually zero

Have I missed anything?
We apparently Don't seem to be into Suckling anymore and he has been linked to the Suns. We have also been linked to Grimley from the Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legitimate question here, can we thread ban theteamtobeat and open a specific thread for him to post his dribble in which other posters can choose to engage with if they feel the need/want to? He has ruined roughly 15 pages of this thread with silly ideas and suggestions and thrown out insults to those who have called him out on it resulting in 3-4 pages of squabbling between him and several other posters. It is just tedious and pointless. The discussion never gets anywhere because he isn't here to have a reasonable discussion.
This question shouldn't be posted on here.... PM a mod. Whilst disagreeing with most of his posts....... I don't mind his passion and left field thinking.

Some chatter on the Freo board that Lachie Weller wants out. If so, would be very keen to add him to our list. He has exceptional run and carry skills and isn't a butcher by foot.

Hard to figure out a worthwhile trade though, so would be difficult to procure.

Some chatter on the Freo board that Lachie Weller wants out. If so, would be very keen to add him to our list. He has exceptional run and carry skills and isn't a butcher by foot.

Hard to figure out a worthwhile trade though, so would be difficult to procure.
family is in the area, could trade for him with leunberger and something else if we decide to match leuie's contract (if we know we wont get an acceptable compensation for it)

however you would think GWS would be best placed for him if they do trade for Mccarthy

I would do it. We need him in the midfield especially after losing 'he who shall not be named'.

What's the latest word on Mayes? Does he actually want out or just media rubbish?

Seems like rubbish, but a week is a long time in footy.

Aish and Redden would be of interest to your boys and draft picks for numerous purposes would be of interest to us. There is great potential for a viable trade to be struck.

family is in the area, could trade for him with leunberger and something else if we decide to match leuie's contract (if we know we wont get an acceptable compensation for it)

however you would think GWS would be best placed for him if they do trade for Mccarthy

Leuy and one of the later picks for him would be a coup. He is a future 200 gamer, but can't unseat any of Ross' favourites over there.

Seems like rubbish, but a week is a long time in footy.

Aish and Redden would be of interest to your boys and draft picks for numerous purposes would be of interest to us. There is great potential for a viable trade to be struck.

Yep could work out well for both clubs. Depending on what we get from Geelong we could have 2/3 first rounders, and definitely wouldn't use them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back