2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Magpies entered negotiations with the Lions and Carlton over a three way trade today, which would see Tom Bell move to the Lions, James Aish to the Magpies and Collingwood trading the Blues a second round pick.

- Emma Quayle, The Age

Left field idea do a deal with Carlton - refuse to trade Aish and let the blues take him in the pre-season draft. In return trade our 4th round pick to Carlton for Bell and their second rounder. Then ship the second rounder off to tigers for Astbury. We get to keep pick 17 and get Bell and screw the pies

Left field idea do a deal with Carlton - refuse to trade Aish and let the blues take him in the pre-season draft. In return trade our 4th round pick to Carlton for Bell and their second rounder. Then ship the second rounder off to tigers for Astbury. We get to keep pick 17 and get Bell and screw the pies
Wouldn't pass the sniff test.

Early days...but if that is the deal we accept after our initial stance and if things don't change by next season to help the NSW & QLD clubs retain their players then we're screwed. I don't see the point in watching another season of the lions showing off the next bunch of players for other clubs to poach.

Early days...but if that is the deal we accept after our initial stance and if things don't change by next season to help the NSW & QLD clubs retain their players then we're screwed. I don't see the point in watching another season of the lions showing off the next bunch of players for other clubs to poach.
I think we will be a laughing stock if we trade Aish for Bell.

The Magpies entered negotiations with the Lions and Carlton over a three way trade today, which would see Tom Bell move to the Lions, James Aish to the Magpies and Collingwood trading the Blues a second round pick.

- Emma Quayle, The Age
Bell for Aish? Surely we're getting another pick too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is how i can see the Aish thing unfolding.
Brisbane lose: Aish
Brisbane gain: Bell and pick 24 or 26

Carlton lose: Bell
Carlton gain: Pick 24 or 26

Collingwood lose: pick 24 and 26
Collingwood gain: Aish

Then we can on trade that pick to richmond for Astbury. Leaves us in a little bit of a pickle if we want to get Basti though.
Maybe Basti, 38 and 40 for 21 and 42. Effectively we are trading Basti for pick 42 as 38 and 40 are worth the same as 21. Just gives the Roos a way to get into the draft earlier. Could work well for us.
Leaves us with 2, 17, 38, 39, 40 and later picks.

Last edited:
Talk about things not passing the sniff test. Someone tweet Quayle and ask her what the rest of the deal is. I think the Lions should be getting another second rounder at least!
Yeah, there is more to it than that.

Talk about things not passing the sniff test. Someone tweet Quayle and ask her what the rest of the deal is. I think the Lions should be getting another second rounder at least!
From what I've heard, the trade is still a work in progress at the moment. Nothing is known.

Then we can on trade that pick to richmond for Astbury. Leaves us in a little bit of a pickle if we want to get Basti though.
Maybe Basti, 38 and 40 for 17 and 42. Effectively we are trading Basti for pick 42 as 38 and 40 are worth the same as 21. Just gives the Roos a way to get into the draft earlier. Could work well for us.
Little bit of a problem there.

Maybe Basti, 38 and 40 for 17 and 42. Effectively we are trading Basti for pick 42 as 38 and 40 are worth the same as 21. Just gives the Roos a way to get into the draft earlier. Could work well for us.

Hey mate I'm not good with the academy points and everything but is those picks we are left with (besides pick two) does that give us enough points for hip wood and Keays?

Cheers

also managed to nab first post on page 500, history books baby!

Damn deleted another post. Good thing i work from home and can be onto these things

King-Size_Homer.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back