2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
we get Armitage and pick 32 from Collingwood (via Adelaide) for Aish and pick 17
St Kilda get Freeman, pick 17 from us for Armitage
Collingwood Aish for Freeman and pick 32

Something like that is the only way I could see us getting Armitage.

we get Armitage and pick 32 from Collingwood (via Adelaide) for Aish and pick 17

That would leave us way to short of points to get our academy players and zero chance at Bastinac

Probably been stated many times but i dont think the club will be willing to trade pick 17 unless we get something exceptional from collingwood, that is if we are trading aish.

Whilst a great deal - people should be wary of considering a future third pick as 'for free'. we have seen how important trade time is for the club, and next year we will have academy selections to bid on and trades to make - that third rounder could end up being vitally important in upgrading, downgrading or achieving a desired result.

If we give up 17 in another trade I think it becomes more difficult to secure both Hipwood and Keays. Especially if Armitage comes, which I think is utter crap unfortunately
Why would we want Armitage? Yes I know he worked at the Gabba and is a QLDer etc etc, but he is vital to St Kilda and would cost us a crap load.... Also 27 so doesnt fit our age profile. I'm not into this rumor at all.

Armitage is good. But slightly old for our list profile, we've got plenty of midfield strength and it'll cost us academy points. Would be more likely to head to the Suns if he wanted to come up to Queensland IMO

Why would we want Armitage? Yes I know he worked at the Gabba and is a QLDer etc etc, but he is vital to St Kilda and would cost us a crap load.... Also 27 so doesnt fit our age profile. I'm not into this rumor at all.
agree. also think he signed an extension to his contract this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would take Armtiage over Bastinac any day of the week, even if he's 27. I'm sure we can involve Aish. Might take a three-way trade or a fourth party.

Walker plays a bit like Tex Walker IMO.
Didn't see the most of him this year but if he does, man. Imagine our midfield dominating with a player like him to kick to along with our younger forwards with green and taylor crumbing off it.

They couldn't be more different as KPFs. Tex takes almost all his marks on the lead while Josh tends to crash packs/take contested grabs. Tex is also a much better and longer kick. Josh has a better engine.
Dammit way to crush my dreams :(

If we give up 17 in another trade I think it becomes more difficult to secure both Hipwood and Keays. Especially if Armitage comes, which I think is utter crap unfortunately
Would easily give up one of our academy boys for for armitige. Still don't understand the obsession with the draft on this board, in particular our academy boys. Take a known gun over an unknown draftee every day of the week.

Would easily give up one of our academy boys for for armitige. Still don't understand the obsession with the draft on this board, in particular our academy boys. Take a known gun over an unknown draftee every day of the week.

I'm not of the Armitage rumour belief think he is signed and sealed where he is. But if we got an established Queenslander and possibly gave up an academy Queenslander I'm thinking we would get the kid back in 2 years anyway with a bit of development in them. I feel the "Go Home' factor might be working for us now and becoming a "Come Home" thing. While state Of Origin has never worked in the AFL like the NRL I do think the Brisbane Lions could become unified as 'us against them' in the underdog status that has worked so well for other Queensland sides.

I would generally agree with you but the fact they are our Academy boys means they are not unknown draftees. Ben Keays has been part of the Lions Academy since he was 15, so we know him better than any other club and recruiter in the country.

Are you trusting this news because it supposedly came from the horse's mouth...?

Last edited:
I would generally agree with you but the fact they are our Academy boys means they are not unknown draftees. Ben Keays has been a part of the Academy since he was 15, so we know him better than any other club and recruiter in the country.
Let me clarify I don't believe that the armitige rumour is necessarily true. But for arguments sake what I should of said is unknown AFL quality verse known AFL quality. David armitige 128 AFL games proven consistent player verse Ben Keays 0 AFL games. Yes we might know him extremely well as a junior. But the step between junior footy and AFL is mammoth. Ben Keays is still an unknown AFL talent. FWIW I think he will be a 200 gamer and will challenge for a spot round 1 just seems to have that drive to succeed that those real top notch players have. But would still take armitige over him any day of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back