2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would generally agree with you but the fact they are our Academy boys means they are not unknown draftees. Ben Keays has been part of the Lions Academy since he was 15, so we know him better than any other club and recruiter in the country.

Totally agree with you. Really don't think Armitage is coming, he is in probably in top few for St Kilda and contracted. They would be wanting a real high pick for him and be looking at our pick 2 given how precious they have been about their pick 5. I've watched Benny Keays play since he was 6 or 7 and wouldn't like to loose him or any Qld kid. If we want more kids to play the game up here they we need to have them in our team so they are seen on free to air TV every game of the year. If they go down South or to the West then they will be lucky to be seen once a year by Queenslanders.

Aish to Collnwood
Freeman and pies 2nd round pick to saints
Armitage and a late saints 2nd round pick to Brisbane?

No Bastinac but the only way I could see Armitage coming to us.

That would leave us way to short of points to get our academy players and zero chance at Bastinac

If Armitage was on offer we wouldn't be able to get Bastinac on a plane back to Melbourne quick enough.

That said, the Armitage rumour seems like total fantasy.

Do you guys think Tom Bell looks like a James Bond villain?

Do you think Trent Cotchin looks more like the least popular guy in a boy band rather than an AFL captain?

we get Armitage and pick 32 from Collingwood (via Adelaide) for Aish and pick 17
St Kilda get Freeman, pick 17 from us for Armitage
Collingwood Aish for Freeman and pick 32

Something like that is the only way I could see us getting Armitage.
thats actually the best and least bias hypothetical ive seen

Hmmm...

Attachments

• Bastinac Tweet.jpg
    Bastinac Tweet.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 7

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basil and the Brushes

bNsTIB6.gif

Pretty pumped that we grabbed walker and Jansen for a ridiculously cheap price

At worst, they help our NEAFL team to have some actual depth; at best, they improve the team

Particularly excited about walker; can see big things from him; our midfield have a genuine target now with him, Freeman and Close/Scahche making leads.

Now if we can secure Bastinac and keep enough picks to secure our academy kids; that'd be fantastic.

Just a little summary for my own benefit. Please correct me if I get anything wrong.

So 8 players leaving, including Aish.

3 players arriving (Bell, Jansen, Walker) not including Bastinac.

That leaves 5 list spots.

I’m working on the assumption that you only get to use the picks for which you have list spots, because on balance that seems more credible.

So that’s picks 2, 17, 39, 41 and 42.

As discussed, we can use the picks from 17 onwards to match bids of up to 10 and 11 for Keays and Hipwood as it stands. Or 9 and 13, or 8 and 16.

So it seems as though we have the right mix of picks, but it couldn’t hurt to get a few more.

If we do somehow get Bastinac, then someone else apart from Aish has to go in order for us to use that pick 42 to match an academy bid.

Assuming for the moment that we don’t want to delist Paine or Bewick, or trade anyone else: our perfect scenario at this point for Aish would be to trade him for Bastinac, a modest pick upgrade on one of those later picks, and perhaps something like a future draft pick.

So if Collingwood could scramble together:
  • Bastinac (maybe for their pick 26 and a later pick back from the Roos)
  • A pick in the mid 30s (maybe #32 from Adelaide for Seedsman)
  • A future second round pick (maybe from St Kilda for Freeman).
And trade all of that to us for, say, Aish and pick 42.

Then that looks pretty good to me.

/stream of consciousness speculation
Only thing is we could still delist further players

Paperwork done. Walker and Jansen are Lions.

That doesn't look great.

To be fair, Staker (160), McGuane (112) and Goose (170) weren't going to rack up games next year, and arguably neither would Jed (206). In terms of lost experience that would've been in the 22 next year, our losses would probably have less impact on our performances than that chart suggests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back