2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North board states that Demons are after Aish.
Demons were originally interested in Bastinac. Maybe a fourway deal consisting of:
North Melbourne
Pick 24
Pick 39

Melbourne
Bastinac
Pick 17

Collingwood
Aish

Brisbane
Pick 6
Pick 26 or 28 or 32 or future 2016 2nd round pick (Collingwood)

Demons were originally interested in Bastinac. Maybe a threeway deal consisting of:

Melbourne
Bastinac
Pick 17

Collingwood
Aish (Brisbane)

Brisbane
Pick 6
Pick 26 or 28 or 32 or future 2016 2nd round pick (Collingwood)

Bastinac is not going to get a top 10 pick on the table... the dude was out of favour at the Roos. Do people even watch him play?

Pick 6 for aish in any form is not going to happen. He's not worth that. Also, why would he go to Melbourne??? He nominated Collingwood and north have reportedly offered a fat wad of cash so what do the demons have to offer?

It's going to be so annoying when people go 'FFS why did we take 2 2nds from Collingwood when Melbourne offered 6!!!'

Pick 6 for aish in any form is not going to happen. He's not worth that. Also, why would he go to Melbourne??? He nominated Collingwood and north have reportedly offered a fat wad of cash so what do the demons have to offer?

It's going to be so annoying when people go 'FFS why did we take 2 2nds from Collingwood when Melbourne offered 6!!!'
Where would Aish go in this years draft?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaving aside Aish's wishes for a second (wouldn't that be nice?!), then Aish + pick 17 is, on the points system anyway, a trade which favours Melbourne. That effectively values Aish at pick 26 - again, purely using the points system as a guide.

Not suggesting it will happen but I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

Leaving aside Aish's wishes for a second (wouldn't that be nice?!), then Aish + pick 17 is, on the points system anyway, a trade which favours Melbourne. That effectively values Aish at pick 26 - again, purely using the points system as a guide.

Not suggesting it will happen but I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility.

points system means nothing for non-academy clubs (except F&S) really. Demons wont be looking at the points system when deciding on trading their pick 6 ;)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to send aish to Siberia if we could, but I don't think a club would even slide pick 6 to the end of the first round for a player that is out of contract and doesn't have any outstanding attributes. Particularly in a draft that is meant to have a strong first 10 or so then a bit of a drop off.

The points system is a bit bizarre in these cases - while we are using it to match bids it probably doesn't reflect how clubs without academies would actually behave.

points system means nothing for non-academy clubs (except F&S) really. Demons wont be looking at the points system when deciding on trading their pick 6 ;)
Thanks for that. I didn't think I needed to spell it out and that mentioning the points system twice would be sufficient but, there you go....

Let's ignore the points system then. Let's assume Melbourne sees Aish as not having dropped in value. In other words, he's worth pick 7. However, he is uncontracted and looking to leave, which diminishes our negotiating power. We throw in pick 17 as a result.

Either way, the trade is more doable than the original poster gave it credit for.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to send aish to Siberia if we could, but I don't think a club would even slide pick 6 to the end of the first round for a player that is out of contract and doesn't have any outstanding attributes. Particularly in a draft that is meant to have a strong first 10 or so then a bit of a drop off.

The points system is a bit bizarre in these cases - while we are using it to match bids it probably doesn't reflect how clubs without academies would actually behave.

We're obviously of the view that he is worth a first rounder. A lot of people have mentioned Adelaide's pick 13 as being about right. Does pick 13 + pick 17 equal pick 6? Probably not but, then again, it isn't a long way off the mark. Last year, Adelaide traded down from pick 10 to pick 14 purely to get an 12 pick upgrade to its pick 41.

I love how we have just readily accepted that the points system is a perfect representation of pick value, and therefore is a flawless metric for working out who "won" each trade.

Thanks for that. I didn't think I needed to spell it out and that mentioning the points system twice would be sufficient but, there you go....

Let's ignore the points system then. Let's assume Melbourne sees Aish as not having dropped in value. In other words, he's worth pick 7. However, he is uncontracted and looking to leave, which diminishes our negotiating power. We throw in pick 17 as a result.

Either way, the trade is more doable than the original poster gave it credit for.

no probs...just trying to steer you back to relevant discussion points :p

Small chance demons could value Aish closer to his original draft value. But like Aish refusing to go to the Kangas I'd be staggered if he would agree to go to the Demons

Problem is pick 6 becomes a pick 9 in this years draft with Mills, Hopper and Kennedy to be selected in the top 6 picks, according to the phantom draft. After the top 8 prospects, it's pretty even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back