List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can keep Lake. This helps keep our flag hopes for 2016 and we can still "re-build" / "re-generate" our list.

The list is going to get a massive chop this year regardless of Lake. We will lose Hale, Grimley, Simpkin. Likely Whitecross, Suckling. Potentially Schoenmakers, Webster

Haven't read all the posts but I'm in Brisbane and have heard Whitecross to the Lions perhaps. Any merit to this?
I'm concerned about us losing too many quality players if they don't play seniors next year.
People talking about it on the lions board. If we secure aish I would guess he could be a part of the deal. Even though he is a free agent lions won't want their compo for leuy affected. No idea how much weight to give to the rumour.

The Whitey rumour has seemed to have gained legs in the past week.

I know it is unlikely, but would love Danger to go anywhere but Geelong... just for the LOLS
It would make this past year the ultimate troll on Geelong.

Whitey going is probably best for him. Shame he was so close to maybe being a premiership player - he's at a point now though where he's not best 22, and with a renewal of our midfield on the horizon, probably won't be in the future. Wouldn't begrudge him going home and getting game time up there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, Whitecross and our first rounder enough to get Aish?
Whitecross is a free agent and shouldn't impact Brisbane's compensation for Leuenberger really unless they also want (and get) Suckling.
I'd be tipping a multi club trade for Aish involving our first pick.

Gibbo replacement
Nah for mine he marks it better than Gibbo and can take off at times like Birch, also has the ability to read the intercept. He to me is the reason Lake has been left hanging, remember we committed to upgrade him as other clubs were circling.

People are selling short Shems work rate , now it's not AFL standard granted but it's not poor either and he' still 2 preseason a way from having a body to achieve AFL type levels , Ill judge him in 18 mths and I suspect he will surprise .

Could you compare him to Izzy Folau at this stage Dash? I honestly haven't seen enough of Shem but they'd have their similarities wouldn't they?

Whitecross is a tough one. He has just come back from 2 knee reconstructions, so this year was always going to be very tough for him.

But up and going, he is a best 22 player. And just before doing his knee in 2012, he was playing some great football. But you wouldn't begrudge him if wanted to leave for a fresh start and some more opportunities.

Could you compare him to Izzy Folau at this stage Dash? I honestly haven't seen enough of Shem but they'd have their similarities wouldn't they?
He's better , why ??
1. Far better kick , very natural and fluent .
2.A better contested mark on the lead .
3. His instinct's , little things like tap on's , give offs by hand and blocks .

Last edited:
A question ...
As history shows it's rare to bring in any more than two quility players at a time in a trade period , what's the combo people favour ?
Eg
Bennell , Aish
Aish , Carlisle
Lycett , Carlisle
McBean,Aish
So on and so on ......
Think imo it's one mids one Fwd/ruck as we CAN retain Lake to cover down back but with Hales departure we clearly a combo ruckman short now and mid depth will be challenged .

I guess it all depends on what Shoenmakers does.
If he stays I'd go with the Aish/Bennell combo if one first rounder only is required for each...plus sweeteners of later picks/players of course.
If Shoenmakers goes then probably an Aish/McBean combo.

Who'd be first in line if McBean comes in....him or O'Brien?

Can Shoenmakers return to defence if McBean comes in? Big call but one that may need to be made.

He's better , why ??
1. Far better kick , very natural and fluent .
2.A better contested mark on the lead .
3. His instinct's , little things like tap on's , give offs by hand and blokes .
Based on this comment alone we need to sit and watch footy together at some stage ;)

Watching the highlights package, Aish has a lot of O'Rourke about him.

Can kick both sides but more your floater/lofted kicks, reasonable in traffic, no outstanding features. Done nothing in first 2 years.

Be interesting to see how they both turn out, still plenty of time and others who are much more informed than us have faith in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back