List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have noticed that Port have delisted Mason Shaw, was quite a good prospect as a junior and a good size. Pretty sure was delisted due to the recruitment of
Charlie Dixon and also suffering the dreaded osteitis pubis. Would be handy as either late pick or rookie pick in my opinion, especially in such a weak draft.
Looked pretty good in the SANFL last year, definitely worth at least a rookie spot to get his body right

So I've been offline all arvo and tonight. Last I heard on the Dangerfield situation was Adelaide's announcement that he had chosen to "exercise his right to free agency and return home to Victoria". Just back on a little earlier to find I had 40+ notifications. Quite a few were of likes of my posts by a Geelong supporter in Dangerfield threads. Thought that he must've confirmed he was off to Geelong in the last 9 hours and that I was copping some troll liking. Turns out I was copping some troll liking, but said Geelong supporter has gone off a bit early because as far as I can see there has been no further development on this topic.

If he does end up coming to us I am surely going to cop my first ban as I dish out some sweet, sweet just desserts to some of these arrogant handbaggers.

Tony Lockett did that for years, he he did alright.
You're comparing Lockett and Tatupu? Lol

You're forgetting the most important thing, the game isn't played the way it was 20 years ago. Lockett would quit the game if he was forced to drop 15kg and run 8km a game.

You're comparing Lockett and Tatupu? Lol

You're forgetting the most important thing, the game isn't played the way it was 20 years ago. Lockett would quit the game if he was forced to drop 15kg and run 8km a game.

No way am I comparing Shem and Lockett. Just making a statement about a stay at home forward who was very successful. Peter Hudson didn't move far from the goals, and he went OK too.

No way am I comparing Shem and Lockett. Just making a statement about a stay at home forward who was very successful. Peter Hudson didn't move far from the goals, and he went OK too.
The thing about Aerobic fitness is that it can be trained, just takes a few years. And also, he is only 19. AND on international rookie list.

People are selling short Shems work rate , now it's not AFL standard granted but it's not poor either and he' still 2 preseason a way from having a body to achieve AFL type levels , Ill judge him in 18 mths and I suspect he will surprise .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question ...
As history shows it's rare to bring in any more than two quility players at a time in a trade period , what's the combo people favour ?
Eg
Bennell , Aish
Aish , Carlisle
Lycett , Carlisle
McBean,Aish
So on and so on ......
Think imo it's one mids one Fwd/ruck as we CAN retain Lake to cover down back but with Hales departure we clearly a combo ruckman short now and mid depth will be challenged .

Mid and Ruck/fwd for me

Bennell/O'Meara/Aish and McBean/Smith/Leuenberger/Kruezer/Lycett

Any of those combos would suffice

Mid and Ruck/fwd for me

Bennell/O'Meara/Aish and McBean/Smith/Leuenberger/Kruezer/Lycett

Any of those combos would suffice
Yer I'm the same although I guess you could also argue rucks ok with Cegs,BB and an emerging Pittonet.

A question ...
As history shows it's rare to bring in any more than two quility players at a time in a trade period , what's the combo people favour ?
Eg
Bennell , Aish
Aish , Carlisle
Lycett , Carlisle
McBean,Aish
So on and so on ......
Think imo it's one mids one Fwd/ruck as we CAN retain Lake to cover down back but with Hales departure we clearly a combo ruckman short now and mid depth will be challenged .
Could Pittonet be ready to play a covering role (maybe 6 games?) with McEvoy and Ceglar the two main men.

edit- answered above

Shem played centre in rugby - backline players in the rugby codes can run a fair bit in a game. Granted in short bursts - but it's not like he isn't used to running. At 19 and being relatively new to the game - he has potential.

A question ...
Eg
Bennell , Aish
Aish , Carlisle
Lycett , Carlisle
McBean,Aish
So on and so on ......
Lake is cooked.

We need to replace him.

Holding on to him is only delaying our rebuild.

Btw...love the guy. His contribution has been above any expected returns without a doubt.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Yer I'm the same although I guess you could also argue rucks ok with Cegs,BB and an emerging Pittonet.
I'd be more comfortable if we let Pittonet develop for a few more years tbh. I'll also say I haven't seen him in the VFL so have no idea where he's at and if he could play forward as well next year. Just going on his age and draft number he's likely to benefit from a decent period in the VFL.

With the Sub rule changing and realistically only having BB and Cegs, I'd like a ready made Ruck/Fwd this year preferrably

A question ...
Eg
Bennell , Aish
Aish , Carlisle
Lycett , Carlisle
McBean,Aish
So on and so on ......
Two mids if we can get 2 good ones
Can have a 4th Ruck as a stop gap
With Ceglar & mcevoy we might have our best 22 rucks covered for the next 5 years
Mids are the urgent need

Still don't get the 'Lake is cooked' argument. Stood up more than others against the Weagles. Did a great job against the Crows. His intercept marking down back is the best of any of our back six and he does it at crucial moments. We have conceded less points this year than any other in this recent era. Frawley, Lake, Gibson, Stratton and Birchall are an excellent unit down back who have been let down by a leaky midfield.

Lake isn't as good as he was - but unless we land Carlisle I see no reason to replace him.

Haven't read all the posts but I'm in Brisbane and have heard Whitecross to the Lions perhaps. Any merit to this?
I'm concerned about us losing too many quality players if they don't play seniors next year.

Agree regarding Lake. Has played more games this year than last. Still often beats his opponents. Yeah maybe he looks/is slow but his ability to read the play and flight of the ball puts him in the right positions early and his contested intercept marking is still top 3 in the league.

He wants to play on with us. I don't see why we won't offer him a bare bones, KPI based contract if he gets through our last game this week or next without getting a long term injury.

Jason Holmes at St Kilda has proven that the international rookies can work (well, so to Pyke at Sydney really) you just have to be patient however I don't think these guys deserve a senior list spot until they are ready, but can't see them staying on the rookie list for a long time either, so a call will have to be made one way or the other on them when it comes to decision time.

Really, end of next year we really need to have a clearer idea on a lot of players and if they will have a future in the AFL. O'Brien, Brand, Heatherly, Tatapu. Woodward, Willsmore, Webster (if they're still here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back