List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing would make me happier than to see Whitecross win a flag.

He's such a great team man, and he's had such terrible luck with injuries, I'd love to see Whitecross just have an even break.

Go Whitey!

Steady with the veteran - he will be 26 next season.

Does anyone see Whitecross returning to his best post the knee reco's?

His biggest strength IMO was his lateral movement. 2 ACL injuries can really destroys that aspect.

I doubt it but I'll back him in to give it a shot. He's got a good head on his shoulders and a massive heart. Glad the club stuck by him.

Really happy to see Swiss stay on. He's such a team player, and to finally get back to his top form would be great.

I really think his best is yet to come, and should rise to the challenge this season.

Really happy to see Swiss stay on. He's such a team player, and to finally get back to his top form would be great.

I really think his best is yet to come, and should rise to the challenge this season.
Not only that, if he's consistent enough to earn a senior spot come finals, I'd say that should be inspiring the group just that little bit more to make sure Whitey gets his premiership medallion.

Thomas and Beams have both dealt with injury issues (though the former hasn't ever been better than a flashy forward), Heath Shaw is one of GWS's best players and better than he was at Collingwood.

Sidebottom is a good young midfielder. On par with where Lewis was at the same age.

But Lewy had more upside with the size of his body

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whiteys a fantastic reader of the play, his ACLs won't hinder that.

Whitey is a true competitor, you can't teach that it players, his ACLs won't hinder that.

Whitey can play a number of roles, his ACLs won't hinder that.

I've said this before, both ACLs were done in deep finals. When fit, he is best 22 and should have 2 medallions already.

A fit whitey in 2016 is first 22

Steady with the veteran - he will be 26 next season.

Does anyone see Whitecross returning to his best post the knee reco's?
His 'best' wouldn't have got him a game in our last 2 GF teams. He'd need to have grown a foot or found a yard of pace to force out others.

What he did have was a good tank & a knack for turning his opponent during contests; &, with the reduction of interchanges in 2016, he could well become a valuable squad player (20-26 etc). Far more so than Pick 60-something in this year's DRAFT would likely be & clearly only requires a 1-yr commitment whereas a new DRAFTEE must be signed for 2.

Whiteys biggest challenge is his decision making.
Then hitting targets between 30m-40m.

Just before his first knee-reco (2013?) he was delivering inside F50m with success, but from what (little) I've seen since, he's not returned to that level of performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back